Fancy doors - Use Chiseled blocks to make various-looking Doors! [1.1.0]

ZigTheHedge

Long story short, I think, we need more door variations! And why don't allow players to design their own doors using awesome Chisel mechanics? All you have to do is to decide how thick your door should be, chisel the corresponding parts and smite the desired door (variations of 2, 3, 4 and 5 voxels-wide doors available). Place doors where you want it (only two blocks horizontally for now), and apply chiseled blocks to it.

2020-12-30_16-42-42.thumb.jpg.5404d96a36185304ebfada62ff8a5b60.jpg

And even more! It is possible to attach the "Static" part to the door to create an effect of non-rectangular door (just chisel it and insert into panel after the main door part is installed)

2020-12-30_16-43-10.thumb.jpg.da461e247f2ebcb90e40806abd0ad6d6.jpg

To remove static part or panel, just shift-right click the door with empty hand.

Enjoy!

How to use (video with my awful english :D):

Spoiler

Changelog:

1.0.5-B:

- Compatibility fixes for 1.15-pre.1

Spoiler

1.0.4-B:

- hinges now become hidden if facade is installed

- doors now retain heat in the room

1.0.3-B:

- Fixed Server Sync issues

- Fixed door doesn't cast shadow (only for "closed" state)

1.0.1-B:

- Removed debug chat spam (sorry!)

Latest release (for 1.15-pre.1):

fancydoors_v1.15.0-1.0.5-B.zip

1.14.2+:

fancydoors_v1.14.2-1.0.4-B.zip

Edited by ZigTheHedge
  • Like 4
  • Amazing! 3
  • Mind=blown 2
  • Thanks 1

• ZigTheHedge changed the title to Fancy doors - Use Chiseled blocks to make various-looking Doors! [1.0.1-B]
  • ZigTheHedge changed the title to Fancy doors - Use Chiseled blocks to make various-looking Doors! [1.0.3-B]

I am still confused.  I put in the 2 variant. I only pit in one block. I dont understand how I can put in two. I thought 2 variant ment how wide the door is. How does putting two blocks in the door keep it from going into the wall when the door is open. You have a video somewhere?

I made the opening 2x2. Wont let me add block to skull block. Added block in same place as skull block. It doesn't move and I csnt break it. The skull door still opens and closes.  Now the skull block is merging with both the wall and other block. What am I doing wrong,

20210124_142607.jpg

20210124_142600.jpg

Okay. Let’s start from the beginning:

1. Your block, which you put in a door segment, should be of exact thickness. So, you have to cut it using Chisel. Make it 2, 3, 4 or 5 voxels thick (to match door variant).

2. Second inserted block acts as a static part of the door. You can make non-rectangular doors with it.

3. Doors can be one or two blocks wide and 16 blocks tall. 

4. If you turn ingame help on (using “N” key), you’ll see context-sensitive help when hovering mouse cursor on door.

5. To remove each panel, use sneak-right-click with an empty hand.

Ok chiseling block doen to two vowels made it look nicer but I still see it in the wall when the door is opened.  You say the door can be two blocks wide? How? If I try to add two the 2nd block just doesn't move just like last time. Hitting n doesn't help much with this.

Ok I saw what I did in your video. I hope to follow the steps after work. I saw it works to hold heat in for the "warm" room. I tried for a greenhouse but lost the +5c. Would be great to make lots of your doors as a fancy greenhouse wall. I sm thinking of using these as shutters or opening windows. 

You got another subscriber 

Thank you for your time 

2 minutes ago, LocoMiner said:

I tried for a greenhouse but lost the +5c. Would be great to make lots of your doors as a fancy greenhouse wall. I sm thinking of using these as shutters or opening windows. 

Unfortunately, that's impossible with the current door implementation. I was thinking about rewriting the whole mod. Maybe then...

3 minutes ago, LocoMiner said:

Thank you for your time 

Welcome )

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.