Spoiled cheese again and again

DrEngine

Yep, as long as someone is logged on, time will continue to pass on the server. It'll pause when it's completely empty, but time must continue when there is at least one player. And since almost everything that takes time in VS (minus the firepit) is tied to the ingame calendar, that means there is no such thing as time being frozen in unloaded areas. The calendar is global, and when you log back in and load your area, all the food will check the calendar to determine whether it should be spoiled.

No. Time progress isn't the problem. I spend most time of server time, much more than other players. I play every server day (so no months, no years).

Yes, I put cheese packed in wax on a shelf in a cellar.

I put more cheese on a shelf during ONE day. After day, two or more days: one cheese reports "x day left to ripen - %", the other one reports "xx % spoiled". Thats the problem.

All my shelves in a cellar are suitable for ripen.

2021-01-12_10-54-09.jpg

2021-01-12_10-53-50.jpg

57 minutes ago, junawood said:

Could it have something to do with the lantern?

From WIKI : "Keep the sun light level inside the cellar low as it can raise the temperature by up to 10°C, thus influencing spoilage rate. Artificial lights like lanterns, torches and oil lamps are fine."  Lantern should be fine...

Unfortunately it seems the problem isn't fixed in 1.14.5. Two other set of new cheese (2 pcs in set) spoiled again. I have removed lantern and put candle instead of it. I can try to remove candle.

What I don't understand: if the shelf position is suitable for ripen why the new cheese put on the shelf started to show "spoiled" from the beginning of process?

Because it's repeating problem I really check my cellar door is closed every time.

Different place of cellar is a problem cos position fit to kitchen position and any move would spoil whole ergonomy. However I'll test another cellar to know if position is a problem.

The same problem still again. My last batch of cheese: 4x 2pcs. All reported some % od ripening. One set of 2pcs succesfully ripen and stored in a chest. Another set of 2pcs was ripen more and more (last value was about 55% ripen) and suddently 2% spoiled this morning. Last two sets are ripening still. Even if the last sets would ripen succesfully it's 25% of waste. I'm looking forward to new version 1.14.6/7 and I hope it'll solve this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.