Feed Vegetables to Animals

Juneish

One thing I noticed seemed a bit off was that you can't feed vegetables to animals, and I thought it might be a cool thing to add. Sometimes you find yourself with a surplus of vegetables, turnips for example, and in real life, animals like pigs would definitely eat them, which would be better than letting it rot. I think it would make sense for it to be 2 vegetables for 1 serving, although I'm not sure about that.

• Like 1

I think the problem might be sheep don't really eat everything, and pigs do eat even meat.

It could be handled by introducing different large troughs, one for pigs that can be filled with about anything eatable but no dry grass and another that is like before for any animal that's not omnivore. 2 vegetables per feeding portion might be too low though, the nutrition values of a single vegetable and a portion of grain is about identical, maybe the portions could be reworked and depend on that value? Maybe 500 satiety could be a portion of animal food in the large pig trough? and you could put anything eatable in it, that way the game would only need to store the satiety value in the trough and instead of different textures it has only one mixed food texture?

Edited by Hal13
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2021 at 9:27 PM, redram said:

iirc there actually is also a texture for 'mixed grains'.  Not mixed vegetables yet though, afaik.

That sounds pretty cool. A possible vanilla resolution, though, that I would like to see is the ability to craft pig food or goat meal, which could then be put into the troughs.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

What is "pig food"? I thought the whole point of raising pigs is that you can feed them almost anything?
Goats when?

I mean, technically, I think a more traditional term might be "slop". That said, while they can and will eat just about anything, one can argue that they probably shouldn't, for their overall health and wellbeing. Sorry, I think I must have miss-recalled the name of the beast - I'm talking about the rams/ewes - they didn't strike me as being very sheep-like, so my brain automatically identifies them as goats.

True, they would, plus we could have the laugh at goat-physics, mountain goats make it their life missions to climb things they have no business climbing. Straight vertical wall? LOLZZ Yaasss.

Though, something else I'd like to see are alpacas or llamas, for similar reasons, plus the fact that they're less commonly seen in fantasy.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.