Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

Which is fine by me. Just saying it's still crashing so it might be useful to investigate what's changed in 1.17.6 and previous that's causing this hassle.
For the record, I just tested a full bread recipe without any hassle. It's called a "fruit bread" instead of a "berry bread" like in the doc, but otherwise it was delicious :P

I also just tested a salad recipe, so those seem to be fine too.

One thing I did notice is that if I try to put liquid (honey on top of the cake, vinegar in the salad), the bucket puts 3L of liquid every time (despite your recipes showing 0.1L iirc)
Also I could not add vinegar to the salad, it didn't recognise it.

So perhaps there has been something changed in the way liquids and portions of liquids are dealt with?

This is also consistent with the fact that I can put a carrot alone in the saucepan and it will give me a charred carrot (but yeah, it's a single item, I need to see if there are two item recipes in the saucepan that don't involve a liquid...)

edit:  if I put one portion of water, fine. But try to put a second portion, despite it not being a recipe, right? It crashes. Definitely something in the water...

Edited by Philippe J

I don't think it's the fluids at all. I get the crash even if I put two non-fluid items in a saucepan or cauldron. I can use one slot without issue, for liquids or dry ingredients, but the second something goes into a second slot, crash to desktop, regardless of whether it's multiplayer or single-player. It's using a second slot that's the issue, definitely not the liquids themselves.

I also thought a salad wouldn't accept oil but then I realized I had to put the exact amount of oil for the number of servings I was making, couldn't have too much or too little in there or it wouldn't register. So for 4 portions of salad I had to put 0.4 L of oil in, and then it worked. Not sure if it's the same issue with the vinegar. (I'm still on 1.17.4 though.)

8 hours ago, EreticKB said:

If i remember correctly CA and EF not updated and tested with 1.17.6.

Just tested it today. The error still occurs for those experiencing it, but it's otherwise working as well as it has been.  The biggest struggle we're having with finding this bug is that we absolutely cannot consistently create it. Even today, using exactly the same code base, it crashed for a tester while working perfectly on L33tman and I's machines across countless worlds.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Philippe J said:

One thing I did notice is that if I try to put liquid (honey on top of the cake, vinegar in the salad), the bucket puts 3L of liquid every time (despite your recipes showing 0.1L iirc)

In order to put smaller quantities of liquids you need to use a jug or bowl. That is a vanilla change in 1.17.x (or was it in 1.16 also?)

Edit: Just checked it was first implemented in 1.16.0

Edited by Hells Razer

Also: hold sprint while clicking in the grid to put only 0.1 (bowl) / 1 (bucket) liter at a time in the slot. Otherwise it'll dump the maximum (like 3 liters for the bucket). For some recipes you need the exact amount of liquid for the number of ingredients you have or it won't register the recipe.

There's an issue I'm having with Expanded Foods 1.6.1 and Wildcraft 1.4.4. When trying to make dumplings with meat chunks, soybeans, or chopped vegetables, it doesn't recognize it as a valid output. When it's the soft dough alone it will let me make raw dumplings. Can anyone else confirm if this is happening for them?

Updated to 1.6.2!

• Ancient Tools Compatibility added (bread/breadcrumbs and meat can be used in stuff)
  • Lard dries into Hardened Lard; replaces liquid lard in grid recipes
  • Meat/sausage & veggies can be boiled in the saucepan
  • Dehydrated Wildcraft berries can be used in meat stews
  • Chopped food nutrition nerfed to match unchopped variants
  • Dried meat lost nutrition bonus, gained healing
  • Log errors quashed
  • Japanese translation updated (thanks to macoto_hino)
  • English translation actually refined (thanks to Ledyanaya Sonya)
  • Meat hook transform reviewed
  • Elderberry cider can be used in meat stews
  • Egg nutrition fixed
  • Various broth recipes fixed
  • Oven transforms reviewed
  • Handbook links fixed
  • Vinegar & many EF foods enabled in the handbook (watch out for crashes when clicking on part-baked items)
  • Amazing! 2
  • Thanks 1

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.6.2

Does the update fix the saucepan/cauldron crashes? Or are those still being worked out?

I'll miss my OP eggs 😂 but love to see the update!

EDIT: Tried the new version on my 1.17.4 server and I can finally make bone broth! Huzzah! However, it does spam the console with the following message for as long as there is any item in a second slot in the saucepan:

[Server Debug] GetMeltingDuration 1 Reached with contents game:bone game:bone

It doesn't seem to do any harm, just floods the console whenever a saucepan is being used for any recipe requiring more than one ingredient.

Congrats on finally fixing that crash though! It's so great to finally be able to make bone broth :D

Edited by Ari
  • Sad 1

On 10/2/2022 at 8:02 AM, EreticKB said:

Script:

1. Reinstall game.

2. Download LAST versions of CA and EF.

3. Create new world only with CA and EF.

4. If works fine - add mods step by step until crash occurs. IMPORTANT!!! When add mods fully restart game every step, exit to main menu not enough.

5. Try new world with only CA, EF and mod found in step 4. If trouble really in this mod, then good.

P.s. if you use XSkills don't forget to get skills which can affect cooking.

P.p.s. In worst case you have trouble with visual c++ redistributable on your PC.

If reinstalling (letting the installer uninstall your old copy), I'd add 

1a. Delete .\Cache

1b. Rename .\Mods to .\OldMods or something.

Hi,

I am trying to make gelatin but I am stuck at the pre gelatin stage, the recipe does not show up, also the broth comes in ML and not L, (ex: 10ML not 0.1L) maybe that has something to do with it?  Also I seem to be unabl to do anything with the broth, I don't know how to use it.

love this mod though, it is superfun.

would it perhaps also be possible to make it so you can add protein in porridge?

2022-10-14_21-06-13.png

2022-10-14_21-05-53.png

Edited by Fancygoat

1 hour ago, l33tmaan said:

Add more broth. 10 mL is ten times smaller than 0.1 L.

Do people... eat meat in porridge?

The saucepan does not let me add more than 40 ml broth and the most I can add in a normal cooking pot is 60ml so I can't get it up to the full 100ml.

Is it only me having this problem?

Yep it used to be normal to add meat in your rye porridge, also you eat dried meat with your sour cream porridge(Norwegian thing), and I often add bacon to my porridge (Norwegian rice porridge) it is sweet and savory, very yummy. You can often also use egg, meat or meat floss in East Asian rice porridge as well (at least in Taiwan)

Edited by Fancygoat

On the newest version of CA and EF- tried to bake 4 Tinder Hoof mushrooms for broth and they never reached part-baked before the oven cooled down. Tried to bake carrots and turnips and they kept saying the oven was full even after destroying and replacing the block. Was just hoping to make vegetable broth. Are there any alternative methods to part-bake stuff besides the oven?

@l33tmaan meat hooks still need fixing. Raw meat placed correct, but aged still floats below.

Also, egg breaking cause crash.

Spoiler
Running on 64 bit Windows with 0 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.17.8 (Stable)
17.10.2022 14:24:20: Critical error occurred in the following mod: aculinaryartillery@1.0.8
Loaded Mods: aculinaryartillery@1.0.8, bth@1.2.4, rope-bridges@1.1.0, spyglass@0.4.5, game@1.17.8, zeekea@1.6.2, carrycapacity@0.6.5, dsdebarkedlogs@1.0.6, expandedfoods@1.6.2, medievalexpansion@3.8.1, prospectorinfo@4.1.2, creative@1.17.8, survival@1.17.8, xlib@0.6.10, xskills@0.6.13
System.NullReferenceException: Ссылка на объект не указывает на экземпляр объекта.
   в ACulinaryArtillery.ItemEggCrack.OnHeldInteractStop(Single secondsUsed, ItemSlot slot, EntityAgent byEntity, BlockSelection blockSel, EntitySelection entitySel)
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.HandleHandInteraction(Single dt) в VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Player\MouseInWorldInteractions.cs:строка 237
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.OnGameTick(Single dt) в VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Player\MouseInWorldInteractions.cs:строка 163
   в Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world) в VintagestoryLib\Common\EventManager.cs:строка 105
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt) в VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:строка 1196
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime) в VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:строка 1103
   в Vintagestory.Client.GuiScreenRunningGame.RenderToPrimary(Single dt) в VintagestoryLib\Client\MainMenu\Screens\GuiScreenRunningGame.cs:строка 123
   в Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.Render(Single dt) в VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:строка 678
   в Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.OnNewFrame(Single dt) в VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:строка 622
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e) в VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\GameWindow.cs:строка 124
   в System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   в OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) в C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:строка 476
   в OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() в C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:строка 452
   в OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) в C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:строка 375
   в Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs)
   в Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) в VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:строка 93

Event Log entries containing Vintagestory.exe, the latest 3
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 26.09.2022 13:59:58, Site = , Source = Application Error, Message = Имя сбойного приложения: Vintagestory.exe, версия: 1.17.4.0, метка времени: 0x6329a6de
Имя сбойного модуля: KERNELBASE.dll, версия: 10.0.19041.1741, метка времени: 0xe9b4a91b
Код исключения: 0xc000041d
Смещение ошибки: 0x0000000000034fd9
Идентификатор сбойного процесса: 0x45b0
Время запуска сбойного приложения: 0x01d8d197015dd685
Путь сбойного приложения: D:\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe
Путь сбойного модуля: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Идентификатор отчета: 7bb1fc6a-cd58-4f54-b612-917377af2dbe
Полное имя сбойного пакета: 
Код приложения, связанного со сбойным пакетом:  }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 26.09.2022 13:59:55, Site = , Source = Application Error, Message = Имя сбойного приложения: Vintagestory.exe, версия: 1.17.4.0, метка времени: 0x6329a6de
Имя сбойного модуля: KERNELBASE.dll, версия: 10.0.19041.1741, метка времени: 0xe9b4a91b
Код исключения: 0xc0020001
Смещение ошибки: 0x0000000000034fd9
Идентификатор сбойного процесса: 0x45b0
Время запуска сбойного приложения: 0x01d8d197015dd685
Путь сбойного приложения: D:\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe
Путь сбойного модуля: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Идентификатор отчета: b1d9f1e7-39c6-44b2-85bf-c53fc46bccef
Полное имя сбойного пакета: 
Код приложения, связанного со сбойным пакетом:  }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 26.09.2022 13:59:54, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Приложение: Vintagestory.exe
Версия платформы: v4.0.30319
Описание. Процесс был завершен из-за необработанного исключения.
Сведения об исключении: код исключения c0020001, адрес исключения 00007FFAAFA24FD9
Стек:
 }

Edited by EreticKB

PLEASE
THE EGGS WORK ON MY MACHINE 😭

10 hours ago, WaltzingPhantom said:

On the newest version of CA and EF- tried to bake 4 Tinder Hoof mushrooms for broth and they never reached part-baked before the oven cooled down. Tried to bake carrots and turnips and they kept saying the oven was full even after destroying and replacing the block. Was just hoping to make vegetable broth. Are there any alternative methods to part-bake stuff besides the oven?

You should be able to boil them in 1 liter of water, too. I can cook carrots and turnips in the oven just fine.

I'm working on a fun new lategame drink with some odd mechanics. It's real nasty stuff. Here's my tentative process:

- Combine cooked chopped deathcap + bonemeal + aqua vitae + green dye + saltpeter in the mixing bowl
- Take SoulStorm Slop and boil with MORE bonemeal in a saucepan/cauldron to refine it 
- Take Refined SoulStorm Slop and run it through the distillery to make SoulStorm Brew

Thoughts?
I've also noticed that VS absolutely allows you to go below 0 nutrition. If you drink enough of this stuff you go into a satiety deficit. So that's fun.
I'd also like to add Alchemy support for different variations of Brew but that's a whole different can of worms.

image.png.e60fd48e4dcc014f7342023b31923bf1.png image.png.1f0843b15ff6b7fcae55c4a503f48134.png image.png.e598079263c1495ca4adb2f19f99c002.png

Edited by l33tmaan
  • Amazing! 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.