Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

Boom.  Not sure how I did it.  But there you go.  I'll keep trying to reproduce it until I nail it down.  Things I did differently: the cooking interface was closed when it completed, and the fuel was also empty when it completed.

EDIT:  Yes, that seems to be the trigger: not having the cooking pot interface open when the cook completes.
EDIT2:  Or not...  I just had the cooking interface open the whole time, and it still did it.
EDIT3: Okey, I'm genuinely flummoxed on how to get it to happen.  I have tried having/not having the cooking window open when it finishes, tabbing out and not tabbing out while it cooks.  I cannot seem to figure out what breaks it.  However.  Once it's broken, it seems to stay broken until the entire program is restarted.

2023-05-31_14-58-06.thumb.png.bafa9c41cc435214cbbe062f38a33e29.png

Edited by PhotriusPyrelus
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Joshua Langdon said:

Can't seem to get the salt production working. I put 10l of water in a barrel but cant' seal it. I then tried all other amounts up to 50l and still nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

Check water. It must be salt water from ocean now.

• Thanks 2

In handbook:

Seal 10 L of water or 5 L of brine in a barrel to make a <a href="handbook://item-expandedfoods:saltcrystal-dry">salt crystal</a>. You can also Boil the same amounts to get a <a href="handbook://item-expandedfoods:saltcrystal-dry">damp salt crystal</a>.

But with water this not work, only salt water.

Edited by Olexn
  • Like 1

Hi, playing with Expanded Foods! Was mildly interested by the Expanded Pies stub dubbed in the forums page for it, but despite having Expanded Foods installed, it still comes up with the same vanilla message, browsed through forums and saw that you had issues with disappearing pies, was this ever able to get resolved, and am I doing something wrong to mix pies? Does it require the custom bread dough instead of vanilla dough?

Thanks and kind regards, ToastedKnees

2 hours ago, Kathrine Hardman said:

I'm having a bit of a problem. I'm trying to mix rye dough with ginseng from wildcraft in the mixing bowl, and I can't seem to make herbal bread from it. I think I'm doing it right, is this a glitch?

Thanks for any help ❤️

Ginseng is not one of the valid herbs for consumption in this way. If that's a new herb, I still need to update Expanded Foods with all the new Wildcraft stuff and I'll take care of it.

3 minutes ago, ToastedKnees said:

Hi, playing with Expanded Foods! Was mildly interested by the Expanded Pies stub dubbed in the forums page for it, but despite having Expanded Foods installed, it still comes up with the same vanilla message, browsed through forums and saw that you had issues with disappearing pies, was this ever able to get resolved, and am I doing something wrong to mix pies? Does it require the custom bread dough instead of vanilla dough?

Thanks and kind regards, ToastedKnees

Hello! This was working in 1.17, but the 1.18 update broke a patch that causes Expanded Pies to work. This will be corrected in the next update of A Culinary Artillery.

• Like 2

Some suggestions for foods:

- Meatballs [meat chunks, breadcrumbs and egg]

- cake [flour, water, egg, oil, honey] could also add fruit to the inside for a fruit cake and fruit syrups on top

- fried egg [egg, oil]

- alfredo [cheese, milk, salt, cooked pasta]

- onion soup [onions, meat broth]

- stir fry [soy sauce, meat chunks, vegetable of choice, grain of choice]

- ravioli [pasta sheet, cheese]

- Jam [berries and gelatin] store in a crock

- peanut butter and jelly [bread, peanut butter, jam/gelatin] use in crafting grid with a knife. Good for an afternoon of mining!

- tortilla- take soft dough and hit with a hammer then cook in saucepan. 

- tacos [tortilla, meat chunks]

- quesadilla [tortilla, cheese, meat chunks (if desired)>>> mix in a mixing bowl then cook in saucepan with oil]

- butter [milk in a bucket then use a stick to stir A LOT, store in a crock and use as oil substitute]

- bacon- not sure how this would work. maybe age the red meat and then be able to slice it with the cleaver? Just a thought!

Love to know if anyone one else has thought of any of these or other ones!!

• Like 1

I honestly think the salt making change is not good with the oceans' current iteration. I do believe oceans are off by default on land generation, and a player that just made a world without looking into the ocean settings would be locked out of the salt making aspect of the mod.

This caused me great confusion as I looked for an ocean to get some salt water, only to get out and take a peek at the ocean settings on a default survival world to see they're off.

Edited by PervertChimp

On 6/9/2023 at 3:33 AM, l33tmaan said:

Ginseng is not one of the valid herbs for consumption in this way. If that's a new herb, I still need to update Expanded Foods with all the new Wildcraft stuff and I'll take care of it.

Hello! This was working in 1.17, but the 1.18 update broke a patch that causes Expanded Pies to work. This will be corrected in the next update of A Culinary Artillery.

Thank you so much for the update :) Can't wait to put more weird stuff in my bread!

• Like 1

Пожалуйста подскажите как готовить конфеты из подсолнуха. Если я смешиваю мед с семечками - получаются козинаки. а как же конфетки делать?

On 6/17/2023 at 6:24 PM, Tyler Bottoms said:

How do I make scrambled eggs? I'm trying to make them but I can't!

Hi! Welcome to the forums! Also sorry for the super late response, don't know if you figured it out yet, but here is your question answered!

First screenshot is from the Official Vintage Story Wiki for Cooking

image.thumb.png.d763db90b67e803915cb0958b4e7ab09.png

Second screenshot below is a screenshot taken in-game in regards to Expanded Foods/A Culinary Artillery in regards to how Scrambled Eggs are now made using the mod.

A Culinary Artillery makes it so you have to crack eggs into bowls or buckets to produce the liquid egg required for the recipe. I presume this is done as simply by right clicking the egg on the container you wish to fill with egg.

image.png.cf25b94e10e0572151dbeeb23173c131.png

Hope this works and helps anyone else who don't understand how to make Scrambled Eggs! ❤️ 

- Kind Regards, ToastedKnees

Edited by ToastedKnees
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble loading into a single player world with this mod on, I made sure that its this mod by disabling all other mods I had except this one and A Culinary Artillery, and it is this mod that stops the world from loading, I tried it with just ACA and it loads in fine, but when I enable EF it gets stuck on simple tools and then shuts down. I don't really want to continue to play the game without it as this mod adds everything I want in the game (A ton of food) so I'm just looking for help to get the mod to work or at least figure out what's wrong.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EreticKB said:

Sausages may be, but aged meat no. It even more susceptible to spoiling, due to it's nature.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_aging

The problem is that the aging of meat is a long process and at least a month it will last hanging on a drying hook. But in the game, it's literally a couple of days for the drying process and then very fast spoilage, like fresh meat. Drying of any kind should contribute to the conservation of the product, as it loses the moisture necessary for microbes to multiply.

Edited by Alatyr

2 minutes ago, Alatyr said:

The problem is that the aging of meat is a long process and at least a month it will last hanging on a drying hook. But in the game, it's literally a couple of days for the drying process and then very fast spoilage, like fresh meat. Drying of any kind should contribute to the conservation of the product, as it loses the moisture necessary for microbes to multiply.

But it already heavily fermented and easier for microbes to consume.
Btw, long aging time would be good. It think two weeks enough, cos usually ppl plays with 1 month = 7 days.

It's intended that aged meat and sausages provide a massive nutrition boost for undergoing the aging process. Like EreticKB said, it's already been somewhat fermented and there's little reason for it to last longer than regular meat. The nutrition boost is huge, so you should be utilizing aged food as quickly as possible. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.