Braziers

Digitalr

This little mod adds variety of metal braziers.

Spoiler

closeup.png.08fe216dead7c172f0aa511d2ced8947.png

Currently implemented six variants: scrap metal (rusty), copper, black bronze (my favourite), iron, meteoric iron, steel.

Spoiler

braziers.thumb.png.bf8122d483a33d1984ed166957b109ba.png

Braziers are pure decorative (you cannot make grilled meat :) ), but give decent amount of light (up to 20) and some heat.

Scrap metal one crafts with scrap metal pieces:

craftscrap.png.a80c77061278fb8248e9fa920b071597.png

While metal ones - with metal strips (obtainable by smithing):
craftstrip.png.5368182d388879650d7a9c6353e3e4c4.png

hqzlights1.0.0.zip

Edited by Digitalr
  • Like 3

Love them, but the mod seems to have an issue with Better Stairs. When I have both mods enabled. When I try to place an iron brazier I get a Better Stairs cobblestone stair block instead. It is ok in the inventory and in the hand.

• 5 months later...
9 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

Well, given that it's still working, I guess it's still supported. The mod's simple enough to where, if needed, someone else could fix it if it gets broken by an update somehow.

Right.

This won't surprise you probably, but I'd like to tweak it a bit, if it is abandoned. If the author is still around I'd like to make some suggestions.  Easy enough changes to make, but I don't want to mess with it if the author is still around.

Feedback on our server has some balancing requests coming in.

Suggested edits:

• Triple the amount of metal required.
  • Require a lit torch in place of oil lamp in recipe.
  • Brazier extinguishes after a certain time in the rain, and can be re-lit with a torch or fire-starter.
  • Fueling mechanic requiring firewood, with an added modifier that greatly extends burn times.
Edited by Thalius
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

Well, don't keep them to yourself! Post it!

I was in process of editing my previous post to add the suggestions. ;)
Got a little too quick with clicking the buttons and posted before I was finished writing out the response.

Edited by Thalius

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, it takes more time for me, to upgrade our server from 1.14.* to 1.15.*. So, i have not much time for modding :(

But:

• Triple the amount of metal required. - no problem.
  • Require a lit torch in place of oil lamp in recipe. - no problem.
  • Brazier extinguishes after a certain time in the rain, and can be re-lit with a torch or fire-starter. - must do separated models for extinguished/unlit brazier. Must finish server "polish&fix" tasks before.
  • Fueling mechanic requiring firewood, with an added modifier that greatly extends burn times. - find no ways to do that without coding (without coding, i can define brazier as kind of firepit, but don't see any ways to extend burn times) :(
2 hours ago, Khaumi said:

There's a screenshot on the mod page with some nice-looking thatch roof blocks. I was wondering where those came from?

It is from our server internal mod.

16 hours ago, Digitalr said:

Unfortunately, it takes more time for me, to upgrade our server from 1.14.* to 1.15.*. So, i have not much time for modding :(

But:

• Triple the amount of metal required. - no problem.
  • Require a lit torch in place of oil lamp in recipe. - no problem.
  • Brazier extinguishes after a certain time in the rain, and can be re-lit with a torch or fire-starter. - must do separated models for extinguished/unlit brazier. Must finish server "polish&fix" tasks before.

These three alone would be enough to give us the balance we are looking for. 

Loving the way they look, but they are making lanterns obsolete on our server.  Lanterns cost two ingots and are a lighting device that is covered and enclosed, and thus protected from wind and rain.  Lanterns also require glass/clear quartz and a candle.

Braziers are more open and vulnerable to the elements, and by the look of them they should require more metal than a lantern would.  Braziers do not use any resources to make them comparable in resource costs except metal strips hammered out from ingots.  If you have a pile of metal, that is pretty much all you need to make several.  The other items are easy to come by with little effort.  Increasing the material cost from one ingot to three along with the firewood, torch, and fat sounds, to us at least, like a fair and comparable resource cost.

Thank you for taking this into consideration and being willing to work it into the mod. It is much appreciated! ;)

~TH~

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.