Trader lost his ladders

Go to solution Solved by Tyron,

I was at a trader, got killed by a wolf right next to it (no idea if relevant), when I got back to the trader his ladder were floating in the water instead of attached to the structure.

It's wintertime, the traders entrance was such that I had to climb up from shallow water.

I didn't even do anything that should interact with those ladders except climb them...

Edited by Anders Andersson

This is fascinating, because it implies a loophole in block protection! And a weird one at that since wolves don't normally ever break any blocks anyway...
It must be how the game handles player "corpses" on death or something. You don't have any mods installed do you?

For now, I would suggest just building a dirt staircase/bridge you can use to hop onto the trader's house so You don't lose access I guess! Super funky!

HelveHammerExtensions_v1.14.7_v1.0.2.zip
Rope Bridges v1.0.7 for VS1.14.zip
hudclock-2.4.2.zip                        
TravelMarkers_v0.1.0.zip
lorddans-surface-translocators-b2.zip     
vsprospectorinfo_v3.1.0.zip
medievalexpansion-3.4.2.zip               
wildfarming_v0.9.3.zip
MushroomMod1.0.0.zip                      
xlib_v0.5.0.zip
xskills_v0.5.0.zip

The mods I have installed.

huh nothing that affects death and respawning, so I'm not sure they have anything to do with it... interesting.

On an unrelated note, have you actually found a surface translocator? I have it installed on my world and I haven't found any; I'm not sure they are generating....

• 1 month later...

I may know what happened. I just made another trader lose his ladders.

Just dig out the block beneath said ladders and they pop off!

I don't know how the block on the first trader got removed, it's been a while and I'm not on that map anymore. But that's probably how it happened. So, just protecting the layer underneath the trader should fix it. Or change how ladders behave when the block under them disappears.

This is in 1.14.10, don't know if the new version fixed anything relating to this.

Edited by Anders Andersson

3 hours ago, Anders Andersson said:

Just dig out the block beneath said ladders and they pop off!

That's because the ladder was attached to that block under the ladder, and not to the slabs of the trader wagon, as ladders can't be attached to slabs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.