When will other means of travel be added?

Jacob Niemeyer

Travelling in this game can be a bit of a hassle from time to time and im curious if they have plans to add less resource costing travel options like a horse or even bicycle. Really anything other than running, especially since resources like caves, bees, halite, suitable home locations, ect. rarely line up to be within a couple thousand blocks of each other and I always find myself running upwards of 8k blocks+ just for one of these, not to say I mind, its a great resource collecting opportunity but after 3 or 4 trips btwn the places are usually picked clean or have been marked on the map.

• Like 4

I mean multi-blocks boats will probably be added and Tyron stated said he'd like to add more ways to transport stuff or people around. He made it possible as per the steel furnace and now the double trunk(chest). I believe the challenge for a horse mounting system will be to redesign animations, tweak the physics at higher speed and balance. However yea, i personally voted for homestead update back because i tough more animals might mean a mount :)

So boat(sail and or paddle to advance), a cart pulled by a player and or a mount and horse to ride would be soo cool!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rhyagelle said:

We need rivers and oceans before it should be considered to be honest, and then once that's ton, consider travel. Boats for water travel and some sort of long-legged creature so we can cross all those gosh-darn-it-all hills. 😄

Maybe something less mundane than existing animals? Something that wandered through a rift from rust world?

On 1/3/2022 at 6:22 AM, setne550 said:

Honestly I do hope that they'll add other forms of transport. But the main problem in most world seeds is too many hills.

The worldgen needs to be tweaked honestly, the hills look too much like some math function and not enough like hills.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think world generation needs to advance a bit more before we even discuss these types of things. 

However, I've got my fingers crossed and hope for the following modes of transportation; 

1. Air travel (hot air balloon)

2. Simple raft / boat. In the far future the multi-block boats. 

3. Multiple mountable / tamable animals. Horses, camels, donkey etc. 

4. Animal drawn carts for transporting large amounts of goods over distance. 

5. Minecarts, although I don't really care about this one or feel it's necessary. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Davis said:

I think world generation needs to advance a bit more before we even discuss these types of things. 

However, I've got my fingers crossed and hope for the following modes of transportation; 

1. Air travel (hot air balloon)

2. Simple raft / boat. In the far future the multi-block boats. 

3. Multiple mountable / tamable animals. Horses, camels, donkey etc. 

4. Animal drawn carts for transporting large amounts of goods over distance. 

5. Minecarts, although I don't really care about this one or feel it's necessary. 

If i had to prioritize those and was in dev team i'd try to do :

Mountable animals

Raft/boat (altough that might be the easiest one to add)

Hot airt baloon/the glider.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Blazer said:

My next vote will definitely be for an ocean update. The means for travel across large bodies of water will make long-range exploration much more feasible. Especially if you can store items on-ship.

I could be wrong but three updates so 1.17, 1.18 and 1.19 might not get a vote per say.

Tyron posted next update(1.17) release post would be around to de-jank some of the stuff and hence the quality of the game/code/etc + lore/content update first version.

We dont know what holds 1.18 and 1.19 but from what redram posted many weeks ago very briefly in discord it feels like those updates were somewhat at least in their essence set by the development team, as players, we just don't know what they'll be, only thing he said is we cant base ourselves on the past community votes for the content of the updates(might be different or hybrid, etc...what we know is they'll follow roadmap most likely) as they might be rearranged differently. I'm paraphrasing what i understood. Would need @redramto post or clarify if they are rdy to do so and you know never know what future holds, some things may change. Vs what is planned and what happends is sometimes different!

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.