Day/Night cycle AND walking speed.

AlgorithmicMind

well i do not like the idea of holding the run key to continue to run, but you can always run and its decently balanced for a much faster run then minecraft for a low loss of hunger in-comparison. but i also agree that walk speed is kinda slow and if and when they add in seasons id like to see a dynamic day/night cycle. since in summer day and night are not the same length. and seeing as it never changes seasons i think it should atleast be closer to summer day/night cycle.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ultimaheart4 (Allen) said:

well i do not like the idea of holding the run key to continue to run, but you can always run and its decently balanced for a much faster run then minecraft for a low loss of hunger in-comparison. but i also agree that walk speed is kinda slow and if and when they add in seasons id like to see a dynamic day/night cycle. since in summer day and night are not the same length. and seeing as it never changes seasons i think it should atleast be closer to summer day/night cycle.

Wonderful idea the one with the seasons!!!

• 10 months later...

Let me start by saying that I hate to necro a thread like this, but I thought it better to do so than to start a separate topic on the issue. Regarding the post above about adjusting length of time in a day using commands, can anyone further elaborate? I see the "set time speed NUMBER" suggestions but I was wondering what the default value of said number is and what is the range it can be adjusted to?

What you probably want to use is the command /time hoursperday xx

24 is the default. If you set it to 48, a day will take twice as long to pass.

As for time speed, i think the default value is currently 60, which means 1 vintage story minute passes in 1 real life seconds (=60 times faster)

• 6 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.