Ability to turn off camera drift when low health for people who get motion sick.

SatinLeader00

While I understand why the camera drift is in place for effect, it can be very nauseating to watch your view pan by itself when on low health. Thankfully I don't get as sick as a couple other people I know, but they are extremely susceptible to motion sickness. It would be nice to have a toggle in the menu like for view bobbing to aid with not getting sick. 

• Like 5

I have become one such person.  Usually my susceptibility to this kind of motion sickness isn't bad, but Once or twice I've had to quit when the low health camera drift has triggered my motion sickness.  Would prefer not having to take Zofran just to play this game.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

I have become one such person.  Usually my susceptibility to this kind of motion sickness isn't bad, but Once or twice I've had to quit when the low health camera drift has triggered my motion sickness.  Would prefer not having to take Zofran just to play this game.

yeah, and then some other ones I've noticed that have triggered my friend are that temporal storms make her sick and then the camera wobble when drinking alcohol in game is really bad. I'm glad that there are accessibility features available, but the camera drift is really steep and is not good for motion sick prone gamers.

1 hour ago, junawood said:

You can at least turn that storm wobble off by turning off "Waving foliage".

Which is great and all, but that also removes the beautiful dynamic movement in the plants when the wind blows. I feel that would be better as two separate toggles instead of linked to one that specifically talks about the foliage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Accessibility Tweaks

Update to v2.3.0:

- Added: Visual Tweaks - Disable Mist Rendering.
 - Added: Camera Shake now stops involuntary mouse movement when taking damage (screen shake).
 - Added: Camera Shake now stops involuntary mouse movement when low on health (camera drift).

- Fixed: Colour Correction shaders not working after first use.
 - Fixed: Freezing vignette no longer disabled with Camera Shake.

https://mods.vintagestory.at/accessibilitytweaks

• Like 3
  • Amazing! 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/26/2022 at 8:42 PM, ApacheTech said:

Accessibility Tweaks

Update to v2.3.0:

- Added: Visual Tweaks - Disable Mist Rendering.
 - Added: Camera Shake now stops involuntary mouse movement when taking damage (screen shake).
 - Added: Camera Shake now stops involuntary mouse movement when low on health (camera drift).

- Fixed: Colour Correction shaders not working after first use.
 - Fixed: Freezing vignette no longer disabled with Camera Shake.

https://mods.vintagestory.at/accessibilitytweaks

Thank you so much for this and the update in here! I really appreciate you doing that a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 8:53 AM, ApacheTech said:

Not a problem. Check out my other mods as well. I focus on making Quality of Life updates to the game, that make playing the game much more intuitive, and natural. As a game you can play every day, rather than as a full immersive experience.

I think I do play with a few of your other mods, they are great. Love what you do!

On 5/12/2022 at 7:53 AM, ApacheTech said:

Not a problem. Check out my other mods as well. I focus on making Quality of Life updates to the game, that make playing the game much more intuitive, and natural. As a game you can play every day, rather than as a full immersive experience.

Which other mods?  The only one I can find here is a Waypoints Extension one which seems to be gone from the Vintage Story mods site.  =-\

On 6/2/2022 at 6:16 AM, PhotriusPyrelus said:

Thank you.  x_x  Sorry I'm a dumb-dumb.  I actually tried doing a name search, but I guess I messed it up somehow.  Again, thanks.

My Modder name is "Apache", rather than "ApacheTech" as it is on here. That would have been the issue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.