What do you want to see more of in base game?/ Possible mod integration

FizzyB

So I'm new to the forum, Hello, but I was genuinely curious what some of you peeps want to see more of in the game, stuff you think would be purely beneficial to the base game. This includes mods that could probably be integrated just fine.

Now I've probably got about 100 hours in VS, and I know that wolves do infact hunt in packs, but I think that the game could really benefit from some different flavors of, well, everything. Maybe some wolverines and badgers, cougar and puma, hell I mean dinosaur aren't off the table, but something to add a touch of fear to the landscape is kinda needed. Perhaps some NPC Malefactors that roam about with scavenged goodies and a sharp knife?

On the subject of flavor, food and cooking definitely could use an expansion. Food perishing is horrible on multiplayer, and food varieties are kinda limited. Now I know the tech level is supposed to be like, pre-induatrial and Renaissance era, but that was the golden era of food preservation and culinary breakthroughs. Smoking, pickling, alcohol soaking, and salting foods would really help the preservation aspect of things, and maybe adding a reason to make more complex dishes, or adding some benefits to "high tier" foods like the vintage beef or pies, like possibly time based stat boost? Maybe something to make the effort worth it vs just eating charred meat and foraged grains and veggies. The classic expanded foods from the legendary l33tmaan, jakecool19, SpearAndFang, and Mister_Andy_Dandy is a staple in my playthroughs, and adds SO MUCH to each game as I eventually have a good amount of food and get goofy with it making aged beef Wellington with a honey drizzle that took like 5 in game hours just to eat it for +5 life. It's fun! But adding more value to it would be even more fun. 

Course I'm kinda a weirdo who ALWAYS ends up being a chef in games where you can cook, and really love this one. What do you guys wanna see in the future?

• Like 3
  • Cookie time 2
  • Thanks 1

I wish the recipes were less confusing to me but this might be a me issue vs the guide issue. I don't know.

I wish sandwiches and mobile food storage that keeps food longer like lunch box with built in cooling existed in VS.

I have been trying and failing to make custom texture blocks, I love chiseling. But I do wish that I could save chisel blocks outside of whatever world I made them and take them to new worlds.

I wish vs model maker worked as intuitive and easily as it is chisel in game. I wish chiseling had more pixel options i.e. like each pixel was like the pixels on the dirt block if I had more pixels I could do more elaborate designs.

I want new clothing options. But I got figure out .json file making and how to manipulate blocks better in vs model maker and it isn't easy to do for me.

There is some block copying type of mods but I haven't figured them out yet.

Edited by DX65
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Yeah Chief, I hear ya, with the temperature system currently in play, I figured the clothing would be a little more fleshy in features, like there being higher tiers of clothes that offer better bonuses than insulation, like armor that requires work, but for things like healing rate, hunger rate, or even heat insulation like a poncho or sombrero or something. 

And the chisel stuff is awesome, but it IS a little cumbersome to move things around.

• Cookie time 1

I'm not a big user of mods especially that not all mods get update as fast as the current one.

Anyway I do hope to see beltbags for extra storage aside from bags. Another is drying racks and smoking as alternate preserving meat when salting is still an issue to some players. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, setne550 said:

Anyway I do hope to see beltbags for extra storage aside from bags. Another is drying racks and smoking as alternate preserving meat when salting is still an issue to some players. 

Yeah storage is kinda needed, especially since there is just so much to carry around. Honestly surprised fishing and smoking hasn't been done yet, its as neolithic as it gets.

Honestly I use so many mods because I love the game, and my only gripe is that there are so many great parts of it that could use fleshing out. I just wish there were more, ya know?

• Like 1

More food options ~ Redmeat and Mushroom pies Yo!, for that matter mixed anything in pies. Fruit preservation of some type (that's not jam or booze)

Fishing cant be that far off as there is Salt cured fish in the handbook

Door Variety would be awesome, i'd really like some solid wood doors, maybe ones with metal components aswell

Edited by ArgentLuna
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ArgentLuna said:

More food options ~ Redmeat and Mushroom pies Yo!, for that matter mixed anything in pies. Fruit preservation of some type (that's not jam or booze)

But redmeat can be use in pies. But yeah, I do want to a mixed of it.

Anyway, in addition to what I said earlier. I do hope for metal (iron or steel) pots or crucibles, as they were a step up of what people use and for the latter in smelting.

1 hour ago, setne550 said:

Anyway, in addition to what I said earlier. I do hope for metal (iron or steel) pots or crucibles, as they were a step up of what people use and for the latter in smelting.

There is a mod that adds foundry to make large groups of ingots at once, without having to clear out a small plot of land for the molds. It seems like the next logical step in smithing to have a larger scale for ingot production, always bothered me that I could fit 24 ingots in a single crucible. Maybe some larger scale iron works too?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FizzyB said:

There is a mod that adds foundry to make large groups of ingots at once, without having to clear out a small plot of land for the molds. It seems like the next logical step in smithing to have a larger scale for ingot production, always bothered me that I could fit 24 ingots in a single crucible. Maybe some larger scale iron works too?

Honestly I would like to see a lot more options with regards to mechanical power and automation with regards to metal production in general.  What we currently have is a decent base but I would love to see things like conveyor belts and other devices that could be powered by rotational energy.  I would also love something more reliable than wind power.  My biggest gripe when it comes to making plates and processing bulk iron and steel is that I have to work when the wind is high if I want to use the helve hammer.  The water wheel in medieval expansion is great for that purpose once you disable the damage ticks on the wheel during use.  Honestly a water wheel just seems like a perfect fit to be added to the base game anyway given that we already have a windmill.  You could even take it in another direction and use livestock powered mechanical power.  Just hook up some bighorn sheep to harnesses attached to a rotor and have them provide power based on how many are pulling the rotor around.  

A close second would be a way to prospect for rock layers similar to the normal Propick function when it comes to ore.  I hate searching for things like bauxite or limestone because it is such a chore to dig tunnels down looking for them (not to mention all the tools you go through digging all those tunnels).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jon Coates said:

A close second would be a way to prospect for rock layers similar to the normal Propick function when it comes to ore.  I hate searching for things like bauxite or limestone because it is such a chore to dig tunnels down looking for them (not to mention all the tools you go through digging all those tunnels).

Look no further than the "Temporal Prospector" mod by "AlexTheGr8r" It is a life-savor, provided you can find the gears to upkeep it. i agree that other forms of mechanical power is needed though, like nuclear reactors. :P

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FizzyB said:

Look no further than the "Temporal Prospector" mod by "AlexTheGr8r" It is a life-savor, provided you can find the gears to upkeep it. i agree that other forms of mechanical power is needed though, like nuclear reactors. :P

This is an interesting mod.  What I was talking more about was a way to find the initial resources (specifically the rock layers).  Usually I only need to find one area that has limestone or bauxite and I have more than enough for a long while.  Based on the description of that mod it would only help me find those types of rocks after I had already located some. Unless I am reading the description wrong.

On 4/24/2022 at 11:04 PM, FizzyB said:

A mod won't do.

I would rater see it become in based game and the devs did talked about blasted furnace. 

What I'd like to see more of is treasure; minerals, artifacts, relics. Or in layman's terms: crap I can bring home and put on display. My wife says that I turned the basement into a museum; "everywhere I look is a mineral or fossil, arrowhead, old world weapon or old coin or your military uniform (not quite an artifact yet, but I'll get there some day, lol ). Personally, I take pride in that; I've been doing this a long time, but she says.... well, the next thing I bring home goes to the bedroom, while I'll be the one being put on display in the basement. As much as I love minerals and fossils, I love my bedroom more. So, while my treasure-hunting days in the real world have been suspended for a bit (until I can sweet talk Jenn, because V Rock has a sweet rutilated amethyst I'm itching to get my hands on), I'd love a bit more of it in Vintage Story. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ryan Thomas said:

What I'd like to see more of is treasure; minerals, artifacts, relics. Or in layman's terms: crap I can bring home and put on display. My wife says that I turned the basement into a museum; "everywhere I look is a mineral or fossil, arrowhead, old world weapon or old coin or your military uniform (not quite an artifact yet, but I'll get there some day, lol ). Personally, I take pride in that; I've been doing this a long time, but she says.... well, the next thing I bring home goes to the bedroom, while I'll be the one being put on display in the basement. As much as I love minerals and fossils, I love my bedroom more. So, while my treasure-hunting days in the real world have been suspended for a bit (until I can sweet talk Jenn, because V Rock has a sweet rutilated amethyst I'm itching to get my hands on), I'd love a bit more of it in Vintage Story. 

Good note. Since VS loves adding lore related to what happen before in game. I believe rare relics of the past is a big add.

• Like 1

I would really like an expansion on the food planting/gathering side.

More different nutrition levels and other ground needs for different plants (like more sandy grounds, more sour soil etc.. / if doable even sunny or shadowy planting needs, even interaction between crossplanted crops)
Could also be nice to add some vermins you need to counter and different options to increase nutritions, protections and growth speed or yield

I think im just enjoying this system so much i want more *g

On 5/3/2022 at 1:18 AM, Maelstrom said:

I would like to see a use for gravel besides panning.  Perhaps another path block that provides 10% boost to movement and a different texture than the stone pathblock but only comes in block and slab options, no stairs.

Honestly gravel has a lot of usages. Especially for making concrete in real life. Also like another person said, it can be used for making roads.

Edited by setne550
  • Like 2

IRL gravel has a lot of uses.  In game there are just two - panning or decorative/building block.  At least sand is used for mortar.  Low Fertility soil is used for packed dirt, path blocks and a few other building blocks.  Gravel needs a bit o' love.

Glad we all agree that gravel is being done dirty, :P

Honestly yeah, all of you guys make good points, I wish we could at least have big piles of gravel just for decoration or in ruins, makes the prospect of possibly finding arm bands and stuff in it more appealing, ya know? But roads and paths would be dopeski.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.