What do you want to see more of in base game?/ Possible mod integration

FizzyB

4 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

I'd like to see a variety of bird sounds in biome specific areas, e.g. meadowlarks in plains, owls in forests, etc.  Birds don't have to exist but hearing them would be fantastic!

That's honestly a wicked good suggestion, and I'm surprised it isn't done yet, if the devs that be see this, please consider my beloved kookaburra for the savannah biome, if you consider any bird calls at all.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love more animal and monster types, but only with particular objectives in mind:

• to add atmosphere
  • to add resources
  • to add challenge

What I would not like to see -

• exploding monsters like that other block game, too derivative and too boring.
  • any more masses of not very smart monsters that can appear all over based on something like light levels (drifters are enough and any more is too much like other block game)
  • animals that don't exhibit normal animal behaviours (like cows that don't try to murder you if you punch them)

What I would like to see -

• More smart natural animals like wolves (wolves are frankly lovely and terrifying and make us all remember why our ancestors were scared of the woods). Lions would be fantastic. Or bison, in their appropriate zones. Or just more types of the more passive mobs (such as the addition of gazelles recently). Pretty sure this will happen anyway, just adding my thumbs up to the idea.
  • Birds - these are pretty much purely for atmosphere, but butterflies add so much already. Birds would be amazing even if we can't really interact with them. Make the different zones sound and feel entirely different. Owls at night hunting rabbits. Hovering hawks. Songbirds. Hummingbirds in your flower gardens.
  • Rarer, strong monsters with interesting and unique behaviours, in discrete spaces so you pretty much have to pick the fight with them, eg of the kind of thing i mean -
    • a large individual monster that lives in larger lava lakes in lower levels, but also have a desirable resource in that area
    • a large individual monster that has a rare chance of spawning at the location of a rift during the daylight on Very High or Apocalyptic days. Stays near rift point unless attacked or you get really close to it. Drops something useful like parts for translocator. Could even be a few types of these. Let's have people looking over their shoulder even in the sunlight on those high rift days XD
    • Enemy humanoid parties that stay near their campsites (kind of the enemy equivalent of traders), have different skills (melee, ranged), have something neat like lore, treasure, maps to translocator locations
    • I'd kind of like it if the more elaborate ruins both underground or on the surface had chanced of having 'smart' drifters in them, like humans who didn't quite turn all the way but are still hostile, that still exhibit some behaviours, like maybe using weapons/bombs, and if killed drop clothing, lore or other remnants of previous society.
  • If there are weaker but more numerous mobs, have them spawn near nests or discrete locations that can be cleared out, for example -
    • Maybe have a chance for weaker locusts to spawn on the surface in nest mounds, but have them stay near the nest/forage near it like ants/protect the nest and come rushing in from nearby if nest blocks start being broken. Nest materials provide a good resource (maybe the locusts extract metals to make their nests - also, would be neat if the spawn blocks didn't look like spawners from other block game but more a built up metallic paper wasps nest style, building up to cover blocks. Each nest block has a chance to spawn a locust over time. When broken, has a loot table that drops variety of nuggets or metal objects scavenged by the locusts).
Edited by Trowzers
  • Like 1
  • Wolf Bait 1
  • Amazing! 1

You're not alone. Others have posted similar comments.  Regarding future additions I will refer you to how things currently are in game (ambience and logic reasons for everything) and the writings of Mr. H.P. Lovecraft.  The development team have done an excellent job presenting a Lovecraftian environment and I doubt they'll fail to do so in upcoming updates, such as 1.18 that promises the games first boss.  I would expect to see additional mobs accompanying said boss.

3 hours ago, Garjouan said:

Maybe I didn't find it, but replacing cubes when chiselling would be nice to correct mistakes. Not that realistic, I know, but hey... it's a game after all.

If you mean you want to put voxels you removed when chiseling back you already can do that. You just need to right click instead of left click when looking at a portion of the block that's still there. (As in you can't put stuff back by right clicking on another block.) 

• Mind=blown 1

What about horses, and they can als carry some things more. I wish me also a new Translocator Class, I see mostly are teleporting between 2000-10.000 Blocks, what abot a second class of TP, e.g. Red-Translocators, lets call them class-I, blue are class-II, class I can you teleporting between 10.000-200.000 blocks, very high range. Class I very seldom, maybe 90% are class II, current blue TL and red only 10% of all TL.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Copperman said:

The extended food mod adds an option to refine salt from water. I think it's frankly TOO generous and easy to get in that mod, but in base game the ability to find salt water and boil it down for a little bit of salt might be nice

It'd be nice if more people told me that. 🤣

6 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

It'd be nice if more people told me that. 🤣

Ah! The man himself haha. Yeah well I guess it depends on how you view the game. From the perspective of looking for a harsh survival environment the large volume of salt you get from barreling is very generous since water is an unlimited free resource, but I could also see it as merely a quality of life change or a supplementation of a halite pillar which is also essentially unlimited

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copperman said:

Ah! The man himself haha. Yeah well I guess it depends on how you view the game. From the perspective of looking for a harsh survival environment the large volume of salt you get from barreling is very generous since water is an unlimited free resource, but I could also see it as merely a quality of life change or a supplementation of a halite pillar which is also essentially unlimited

Good point. I don't like being generous.

A lot of stuff I'm waiting for is already on the roadmap

- Multi Block Boats

- Cloth weaving

- Better husbandry

- Medicinal Practices

but a few others I can think of would be

- Flying machines (late game)

- Horses and Cattle to ride

- Wait do we not have cows yet? (with generations, the tough and fierce wild ox will eventually become tame cows)

- Catapult haha

- Minecarts and Railroads

Ya know, a more robust medical system would be pretty cool... Like painkillers that give you a temporary HP or bleeding and hemostatic powders and dressings, or some old folk remedies like poison oak for pain and swelling and willowbark for aspirin. Could be a lot of fun for servers to have a "doctor" who took the time to make medicine and cultivate the right plants to make em.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.