World Generation

Ryan Nienhuis

I used to think Minecraft had the best world generation.  After playing Vintage Story for a couple weeks, I now realize it does not.  I was feeling a little lonely, so I wanted to hang out with the villagers for a while, but I don't know man...  I might just have to wait for Vintage Story to get its own villagers.  Minecraft feels like such a downgrade now.  :P

• Like 1

If you're doing single player, you can always jump into creative mode ("gamemode creative") and place a trader.  They're a searchable 'object' in the creative inventory.  I just wish there was randomized one, so it doesn't feel as much like cheating picking your own specific one.  Some are more desirable than others imo. 

• 1 month later...

Yeah I just found out about this game yesterday. Looked at it and I want to see oceans. Are there oceans in the game? I always when I played Minecraft Always started next to a ocean. PS why is it just now I find out about this game.

1 hour ago, Sora said:

Yeah I just found out about this game yesterday. Looked at it and I want to see oceans. Are there oceans in the game? I always when I played Minecraft Always started next to a ocean. PS why is it just now I find out about this game.

Im hardly an expert on the game, but I personally have not seen any bodies of water that were big enough to really call an ocean.  The roadmap has boats though, so i would think they would add oceans when they add the boats.

As for why your just now finding out about the game... I only discovered it when watching stuff on youtube.  Someone who played another game I was interested in also had a video of Vintage Story.  It was kind of lucky, because there were almost no videos of this game at the time.  That was a month and a half ago.  About the time I discovered the game, I think a lot of others did too, as there are now quite a few videos of the game.  

7 hours ago, Ryan Nienhuis said:

Im hardly an expert on the game, but I personally have not seen any bodies of water that were big enough to really call an ocean.  The roadmap has boats though, so i would think they would add oceans when they add the boats.

As for why your just now finding out about the game... I only discovered it when watching stuff on youtube.  Someone who played another game I was interested in also had a video of Vintage Story.  It was kind of lucky, because there were almost no videos of this game at the time.  That was a month and a half ago.  About the time I discovered the game, I think a lot of others did too, as there are now quite a few videos of the game.  

That is the same way I found out as well. well when if they do add oceans in Be nice to have like some really deep ones like 100-500 blocks deep would be amazing.

11 hours ago, Sora said:

Are there oceans in the game?

No oceans in the game right now, and it's not clear if there will be.  As I recall, Saraty found oceans in TFC (the minecraft mod that inspired VS) to be a 'waste of space'.   And there were some pretty bad huge endless oceans it's true.  Personally I don't think that makes any and all oceans bad.  I think oceans would actually be good, and I think they'd be necessary to have 'realistic' rivers, which I think would be extremely good to have.   But in any case, that's sort of the state of things at the moment.

13 hours ago, redram said:

No oceans in the game right now, and it's not clear if there will be.  As I recall, Saraty found oceans in TFC (the minecraft mod that inspired VS) to be a 'waste of space'.   And there were some pretty bad huge endless oceans it's true.  Personally I don't think that makes any and all oceans bad.  I think oceans would actually be good, and I think they'd be necessary to have 'realistic' rivers, which I think would be extremely good to have.   But in any case, that's sort of the state of things at the moment.

Thanks for the info. Now I do not have to keep regenerating  a world just to fine a ocean 

Yes, I agree. When I first got the game and generated a few worlds and after seeing the world generation in game, going back to Minecraft is a vast downgrade. It is just better, and overall prettier, and I enjoyed traversing the world far, far more. The only thing the game needs to right now in my opinion is villages and villagers. 👍

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.