I would like to know why they eliminated the ropes to carry the animals

Jefferzoonn

Go to solution Solved by dakko,

First of all I want to apologize if there is anything nonsense in my text since I am using the google translate

And now I ask my question that they are really two in one

Why did they eliminate the straps and why are there no boats?

Thanks for your attention

9 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

ROPES WHEN

4 hours ago, dakko said:

Boats and ropes for animals have not been added to Vintage Story yet. I believe they are planned for the future.

If you've already seen them in the game, then it must have been a mod.

I could swear I read on the wiki that they were removed in version 1.16.5 or maybe it was a translation error, if so, please forgive me for the inconvenience caused by my question

• Like 1

• Solution
21 hours ago, Jefferzoonn said:

I could swear I read on the wiki that they were removed in version 1.16.5 or maybe it was a translation error, if so, please forgive me for the inconvenience caused by my question

With that information, I searched the News forum to learn more.

There were 2 recent additions preparing for ropes and boats to be implemented:

Feature: Experimental cloth and rope simulation
Survival-crafted rope can now be used to attach animals and fence posts in various ways
Disclaimer: Highly experimental! Very WIP! Ropes are not synced to other players and are not stored with the save game right now

[from 1.15-pre.1 release notes]  ...WIP = work in progress

Api Tweak: Much improved mounting system. Should make adding boats/horses/airships much simpler. Published a reference implementation for a 2-seated boat (assets shamelessly copied from the xrowboat mod)

[from 1.16 release notes]

I could not find the wiki information on these, but maybe the rope simulation did not work out and was removed in 1.16.5? I do not know. This is the first I heard of it.

Edited by dakko

On 16/11/2022 at 1:36, dakko said:

Con esa información, busqué en el foro de noticias para obtener más información.

Hubo 2 adiciones recientes que se prepararon para implementar cuerdas y botes:

No pude encontrar la información wiki sobre estos, pero tal vez la simulación de la cuerda no funcionó y se eliminó en 1.16.5. No sé. Esta es la primera vez que lo escucho.

Thank you very much, now I have everything clearer

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.