Bee Questions

SongOfRuth

1. Do bees only swarm from a large hive? Or from any size? Any difference on this between wild hives and skeps?
  2. When creating two worlds from the same seed, do bees appear in the same locations? Or is bee location randomized regardless of seed?
  3. Are there always countdown timers shown for wild hives?

Why? I had a large wild hive with no timer. It never got a timer. I tried multiple, desperate things to get it to swarm. I ran across the tip to reset (pick up, put down) the skeps, which did work to update the hive. Unfortunately, one of the desperate moves I'd made was to remove some of the leaves. The hive promptly exploded when resetting the skeps. Fine, a glitch, and a stupid move on my part (removing leaves). I found another hive (in much less time than it took to find the 1st). It's a medium hive. It is also not showing a countdown timer.

Yes, I have mods. I know something there might be causing the problem. But I'm trying to pin down "normal" behavior without having to put several hours into a new world only to end up with the same problem. 

v1.17.12

Edited by SongOfRuth

2. No, bees will not spawn in the same locations when creating two worlds from the same seed.

I don't know the answers to the rest of your questions, other than it can take awhile for wild bees to register the nearby flowers. I also did not see a countdown timer in the pre-stable 1.18 and haven't found a hive yet in the stable release.

eta: although I didn't see a timer, the wild bees *did* swarm. A timer could have appeared in between my visits and I missed it, or maybe it never appeared?

Edited by dakko
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.