Constantly losing sanity but nothing is happening?

Danny97
Go to solution Solved by Streetwind,

Hey,I just started a new world after not playing for like 3 or 4 updates so i'm not sure if what's happening to me is a bug or something very specific i missed in the patch notes.

I'm in a constant state of insanity,like,always between 9% and 7% and it keep dropping further.

I'm not in the dark.

I'm well fed.

There are no storms or enemies near by.

I was wondering if maybe because my house is made from the cobblestone i took from a church,maybe the stone is cursed or something?

But then why is it going down even when i'm far away from my house and it's all nice and sunny outside?

Did the game add character traits? 

Did i roll the first dude with schizophrenia?

Oh btw this wasn't happening while i was looking for a spot for my house,it happened AFTER i built the damn place.

Thanks in advace.(156).thumb.png.96838c0865655483c12482cfbccfab78.png

Based on your screenshot and description it looks like you may have let your temporal stability drop to near zero; at which point you experience a personal temporal storm and need to stay in an area of high temporal stability (or murderize a bunch of drifters) until the low stability effects are alleviated.  

How did you get there?  Probably built your home in an area of negative temporal stability and spent too much time at home.  While scouting you may have wandered through the area with little impact before you left and what little stability you lost returned.  Once you built your home and spent more time in a low stability area the problems began.

54 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

Based on your screenshot and description it looks like you may have let your temporal stability drop to near zero; at which point you experience a personal temporal storm and need to stay in an area of high temporal stability (or murderize a bunch of drifters) until the low stability effects are alleviated.  

How did you get there?  Probably built your home in an area of negative temporal stability and spent too much time at home.  While scouting you may have wandered through the area with little impact before you left and what little stability you lost returned.  Once you built your home and spent more time in a low stability area the problems began.

Here you can see that rift activity is at medium at the moment but when i moved in it was at low.

That's the whole reason i decided to build my base here.

Екранна снимка (165).png

• Solution

Rift activity is unrelated to temporal stability. It's just about how many drifters are likely to spawn at any given time. Low rift activity = few spawns; high activity = you'll get mobbed. It'll change over time and is not bound to any given area.

Only the spinning cogwheel in the center of your hotbar tells you whether a region is stable or not. Counterclockwise = unstable, clockwise or holding still at maximum fill state = stable. Temporal stability is bound to the local area and never changes over time.

Edited by Streetwind

21 hours ago, Streetwind said:

Rift activity is unrelated to temporal stability. It's just about how many drifters are likely to spawn at any given time. Low rift activity = few spawns; high activity = you'll get mobbed. It'll change over time and is not bound to any given area.

Only the spinning cogwheel in the center of your hotbar tells you whether a region is stable or not. Counterclockwise = unstable, clockwise or holding still at maximum fill state = stable. Temporal stability is bound to the local area and never changes over time.

Yeah it was the land itself...

Died and respawned far away and my guy started feeling better almost instantly.

F*ck me and I literally just finished the roof.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.