v1.19.0-rc.7/8 Dejank Redux

Tyron

Dear Extraordinary Survivalists 
v1.19.0-rc.7, a release candidate, can now be downloaded through the account manager.

[Edit:] Also release rc.8 to fix a mod incompatibility issue as well as - we believe - improve macOS support

Stable approaching.... slowly.... #3

2024-01-08_00-47-13.thumb.png.1579de02a7eca56eda09f011c953833f.png
Screenshot and Build by Galejro

Game updates

• Tweak: Various tweaks on the new first person animations mode. Retouched several fp animations.
  • Tweak: Add a number of missing translations for our community translators
  • Tweak: Flour, egg, measuring rope, and quicklime are now 3d items
  • Tweak: Beeswax, fat, and flax fibers are now ground-storable
  • Tweak: Necklace models are now positioned to show outside of armor
  • Tweak: Sun bear step height reduced to 2, polar bears now cannot climb 3-high walls
  • Tweak: The game (-rc.8 version) can now be run on recent macOS versions (Monterey, Ventura, Sonoma) directly after downloading it.  .NET Runtime 7 is required of course  [Detail: the macOS x64 download is now self-contained with all its dependencies and therefore without the need for Homebrew or other complex commands in Terminal]
  • Fixed: Journal dialog overflowing from too many elements in the list. Now has a scroll bar
  • Fixed: Vintagehosting Join Server not working when used with a password
  • Fixed: --setconfig argument not working
  • Fixed: Restored capability to play LAN games without internet connection which broke in 1.18.4
  • Fixed: Content in trough when rotting not changing into rotten content variant
  • Fixed: Strange dark shading in the main menu, most noticeable in hover texts
  • Fixed: Issues with the new HRTF setting and Music
  • Fixed: .debug find command now returns accurate coordinates
  • Fixed: Display resolution issue when starting the game on very high resolution monitors on Mac
  • Fixed: Bitter bolete now only deals 1 damage. It's not poisonous but it tastes awful...
  • Fixed: .blockitempngexport inv and similar export commands created images with a black background instead of transparency
  • Fixed: When using Enter or other non-printable keys as start chat hotkey (instead of the default T) the chat would skip the first keypress
  • 1.19 related changes
    • Tweak: Changed and balanced village generation, also, now large structures in cities are able to generate!
    • Revert: Adding hitboxes to loose flints, ores and stones: they cause more trouble than they are worth
    • Fixed: Goat sound bleatweird not playing
    • Fixed: Goats' running animation now at normal speed when catching up with other goats.
    • Fixed: Gasifier not igniteable with torch
    • Fixed: Translocators having invisible rubble blocks
    • Fixed: Crate recipes handbook derp (API: was a bug in all recipes using CopyAttributesFrom)
    • Fixed: More basket trap derps: Exception thrown in some cases, basket with animal placeable, placed block rotation lost on reload,
    • Fixed: Basket trap recipe derp in Handbook
    • Fixed: Interaction issues with the basket trap
    • Fixed: Cleaver not working properly anymore
    • Fixed: Game crash when exporting block/item pngs
    • Fixed: Bighorn sheep stepheight change from rc.6 not properly applied
    • Fixed: Restore faster single-player game startup time
    • Fixed: When creating a backup using /db backup inside a Docker (Pterodactyl) it would fail [Detail: the issue seems to be in conjunction with Docker and Pterodactyl which uses a tmpfs (in memory) for /tmp with a size 100mb that caused issues when executing the vacuum after backup, but that was not a issue in a regular Docker container without tempfs]

• Api Tweak: new server event OnWorldgenStartup added, which will be triggered after EnumServerRunPhase.WorldReady and before RunGame. Reverted in rc8
  • Api Fixed: Tiled textures selector working correctly when textures have been rotated (the selector sequence is now also rotated)

View full record

• Like 2
  • Amazing! 1

this kills me

Tweak: Changed and balanced village generation, also, now large structures in cities are able to generate!

so there are villages and cities? I have never seen one. I'm so confused on the same time I'm excited that there is still stuff I haven't seen, yet.

overall very cool to see more additions to immersion like 3D Models for 2D items and placeable items.

• Fixed: Crate recipes handbook derp (API: was a bug in all recipes using CopyAttributesFrom)

Well the handbook correctly shows that we need boards in an orientation that it's impossible to have in the backpack without mods or maybe console commands.  We still can't craft crates!vintagestorycrates.jpeg.decb350dbedc6da8e736387993d2c9a9.jpeg

18 hours ago, Sythelux said:

so there are villages and cities? I have never seen one. I'm so confused on the same time I'm excited that there is still stuff I haven't seen, yet.

This refers to ruins. The game will sometimes place a number of them in close proximity, resulting in the appearance of a former village.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Retsof90 said:

I've been putting off starting a new run.  Do you think it's safe enough to use this update, or keep waiting?

New run? Why not? That's what these release candidates are for. Worst case, you run into something that doesn't work right and play your old world.

I'd strongly suggest @Streetwinds guide.

• Like 1

Running on 64 bit Windows 10.0.22621.0 with 24504 MB RAM
Game Version: v1.19.0-rc.8 (Unstable)
1/16/2024 10:13:20 PM: Critical error occurred
Loaded Mods: game@1.19.0-rc.8, creative@1.19.0-rc.8, survival@1.19.0-rc.8
System.Exception: Max joint cap of 36 reached, needs to be at least 43. In clientsettings.json, please try increasing the "maxAnimatedElements": setting to 46.  This works for most GPUs.  Otherwise you might need to disable the creature.
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Animation.GenerateAllFrames(ShapeElement[] rootElements, Dictionary`2 jointsById, Boolean recursive) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Model\Animation\Animation.cs:line 97
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.ClientAnimator.AnimNowActive(RunningAnimation anim, AnimationMetaData animData) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Model\Animation\ClientAnimator.cs:line 225
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.AnimatorBase.OnFrame(Dictionary`2 activeAnimationsByAnimCode, Single dt) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Model\Animation\AnimatorBase.cs:line 115
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.AnimationManager.OnClientFrame(Single dt) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Model\Animation\AnimationManager.cs:line 347
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemRenderEntities.OnBeforeRender(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Render\RenderEntities.cs:line 49
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Util\ClientEventManager.cs:line 185
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 802
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 808
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 724
   at Vintagestory.Client.GuiScreenRunningGame.RenderToPrimary(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\MainMenu\Screens\GuiScreenRunningGame.cs:line 200
   at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.Render(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:line 674
   at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.OnNewFrame(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:line 649
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(FrameEventArgs e) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\GameWindow.cs:line 78
   at OpenTK.Windowing.Desktop.GameWindow.Run()
   at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientProgram.cs:line 318
   at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<.ctor>b__1() in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientProgram.cs:line 128
   at Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:line 93

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.