Next update, new encounters will find their way to your worlds and homes 😏

Vallen

Luckily, doesn't look like a rot beast... doesn't look like anything tameable at all. Clearly a malformed rust realm inhabitant... clearly bigger.

Hopefully it's not a future stead because I'd vastly prefer something nicer to tame and ride on.

Should we be scared? 🤔

Yes horse would be better to ride :).

Homes mean it will be spawn on surface? because game is missing monsters but underground/special location where player can go fight/challenge and get some nice reward. Game has nice building/technology system and we would like to work on this stuff in peace, already building road at night it irritating because of tons of surface drifters, sometimes wolves and bears too.

That thing reminds me of the beast from the avatar last airbender, the one that is blind and sniffs things, forget the name.

Looks awesome, I am assuming that is something coming in the next bigger update and not 1.19.5's cycle?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A bit disturbing creature, but it looks very good.

By the way, do we know the name or theme of the next big update? And if we don't know it, is it possible to advance it for those of us who, without knowing what it will be, are already hyped? 🙃

Tyron has already mentioned the second story event will be added.  And the teasers of upcoming mobs should be disturbing.  What happened to this world is quiet disturbing and I'd expect that there's some entities that should be exceedingly disturbing; especially considering the Lovecraft basis for the story theme.  Try reading some Lovecraft sometime and see just how disturbing he gets.

There's also talk about new methods of transportation, though exactly what that entails remains to be seen.

On the topic of literature, besides Lovecraft, I'd also suggest checking out Clark Ashton Smith, who wrote similar weird tales as HPL. Some of his earlier stories like The Abominations of Yondo, The Ninth Skeleton, and Metamorphosis of the World feature altering states of reality that feel like the portrayal of rust world in VS. IMO they're not the best stories of that era (I much prefer adventure stories from authors like Howard and Burroughs) but they're still very good. Might be up your alley @Maelstrom;)

Thanks for the two for the answers. The progress regarding the second story event, the improvement of transportation, the environmental improvements (crickets, etc.) and the probable new mobs. I am aware of these developments. I think I just can't wait for the uncertainty of when and what content the next version will come out with. Haha

Thanks for the references on which the game's story is based, I didn't know about them.

Very nice! It looks quite creepy and menacing. I hope this won't be an exclusive temporal storm spawn. I could imagine it being blind and deaf, reacting to ground vibrations from sprinting/jumping actions nearby. It would then move to the source and attack the target if it is in "smell" range. May be it could be distracted by throwing stuff around.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.