Trailer 1.20?

Well, 1.20 isn't done yet, and is unlikely to be done in the near future. Maybe a trailer is on the books alongside it?

On the other hand, realize that making trailers is a lot of work. I think it took the team over a month to make the last one (though I don't know how intense that work was).

I think the trailer we currently have still holds up very well. It covers enough to showcase what the game is primarily about and get people interested, without spoiling absolutely everything.

Now if you're talking about the feature trailers for updates--I don't expect to see one of those drop for 1.20 until 1.20 is almost ready for release. If I recall correctly, the trailer for 1.19 dropped a couple of weeks before 1.19 itself was released.

38 minutes ago, BTubbs200 said:

Lol, this made me chuckle. I'm currently trying to "indoctrinate" a couple of my own friends.

I got mine into this niche little club with photos of really detailed chiselled builds and promises of "it's like Minecraft if Minecraft was way better". 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, ifoz said:

I got mine into this niche little club with photos of really detailed chiselled builds and promises of "it's like Minecraft if Minecraft was way better". 😅

If advertising it in non-minecraft terms doesn't work, then usually I start by comparing it to b1.7.3 and that usually works oddly well. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PaperOrchid said:

If advertising it in non-minecraft terms doesn't work, then usually I start by comparing it to b1.7.3 and that usually works oddly well. 

It's strange - I really enjoyed playing b1.7.3, yet none of my friends particularly cared for it. I think it might have been the lack of content, since now that they're all playing Vintage, they're totally happy to just build and explore without any goals set by the game.

I remember when I first showed a friend a screenshot of my world, they said; "is this some new Minecraft modpack?"
Few months later, here we are! :D

[EDIT]
I also like to say "the game actually runs well and the developers care about optimisation"
Playing Minecraft after playing Vintage makes me realise just how jittery and laggy Minecraft is! 😅

Edited by ifoz

34 minutes ago, ifoz said:

It's strange - I really enjoyed playing b1.7.3, yet none of my friends particularly cared for it. I think it might have been the lack of content, since now that they're all playing Vintage, they're totally happy to just build and explore without any goals set by the game.

I remember when I first showed a friend a screenshot of my world, they said; "is this some new Minecraft modpack?"
Few months later, here we are! :D

[EDIT]
I also like to say "the game actually runs well and the developers care about optimisation"
Playing Minecraft after playing Vintage makes me realise just how jittery and laggy Minecraft is! 😅

I think Vintage story having such wonderful progression and content without being bloated like newer MC versions really helps. I find myself often motivated not by achieving "content" but instead by being inspired by the game's aesthetic and creative outputs, which is then enabled by arduous metallurgy which only exposes me to more landscapes and flowers and random cool stuff

• Like 1

On 7/8/2024 at 6:35 AM, PaperOrchid said:

Considering how much the game has changed for the better since 2022, would it be possible to have a new trailer for 1.20 that we can share with friends in order to indoctrinate them into knapping stones together?

Would be great, but creating a new trailer takes 2-3 months. Not enough new content yet to justify spending this much time on it.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.