Do animals respawn?

Allen

I was trying to heard a nearby group of chickens into my farm, but ran into some wolves on the way and well, long story short, I no longer have chickens near my base.

Do farm animals respawn over time, or do I have to track down a chicken from further away and lead that into my base? Because if so, I might just get rid of the chicken coops I'm working on altogether and just raise some sheep instead. Chickens are way too annoying to chase around to try and farm for me to try getting them from that far away.

On 12/2/2020 at 5:49 PM, redram said:

I don't believe the 'domesticatable' animals respawn, no.

Then a tweak for the last update would not make much sense: "Bighorn sheep and Boars will no longer spawn during the months december, january and february"

@Tyron So, how does it actually work? :D Do animals respawn and how often? And does keeping wolves alive prevent new ones from spawning in that area?

Edited by junawood

9 minutes ago, junawood said:

Then a tweak for the last update would not make much sense: "Bighorn sheep and Boars will no longer spawn during the months december, january and february"

@Tyron So, how does it actually work? :D Do animals respawn and how often? And does keeping wolves alive prevent new ones from spawning in that area?

Well i know that wolves breed and pups grow up so technically the answer is no if giving birth is considered spawning.

• 1 year later...

@junawood I would hope so but I've had up to 7 trapped under some spruce trees all at once, because they were trapped it was an easy win.. but if they hadn't been..
As far as animals respawning, yes they do. We'd built an actual fort and animals appear within our walls all the time, however at a quite slow pace, in 6 months we've probably had three goats and two wolves respawn, as well as several hares, however I believe we killed the goats first and the chickens and boars are yet to return it seems. I did the majority of the meat gathering for probably half of the time so my information could be inaccurate, but I'm quite certain animals respawn. Wolves and hares faster than farm animals.

I realized I'm two years late immediately after posting, but oh well, you can have my observations anyway.

Edited by SamKillz Games
Correction for accuracy
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 6/15/2022 at 8:19 PM, SamKillz Games said:

@junawood I would hope so but I've had up to 7 trapped under some spruce trees all at once, because they were trapped it was an easy win.. but if they hadn't been..
As far as animals respawning, yes they do. We'd built an actual fort and animals appear within our walls all the time, however at a quite slow pace, in 6 months we've probably had three goats and two wolves respawn, as well as several hares, however I believe we killed the goats first and the chickens and boars are yet to return it seems. I did the majority of the meat gathering for probably half of the time so my information could be inaccurate, but I'm quite certain animals respawn. Wolves and hares faster than farm animals.

I realized I'm two years late immediately after posting, but oh well, you can have my observations anyway.

Well, as someone from 2023 reading this, I appreciate it greatly 😂

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.