Farm Life

jakecool19

Hello this mod greatly expands upon the current animal husbandry system and attempts to make it more realistic and fun. Features include:

Livestock Hunger System

Spoiler

All livestock animals have a revamped hunger system that ties into almost everything about them. All animals now have saturation like the player and lose one saturation every 24 hours. Animals can eat and gain saturation by either grazing on vegetation, eating loose items, preying on other animals, or eating food from troughs. Animals will also be attracted to players when they have a food they like in their hands. Note: Animals will eat items and prey even if they are already full. All farmable animals can be fed animal feed either in a trough or as an item. It is relatively cheap and has a long shelf life but requires much more effort to make and attracts everything, including predatory wolves, and agile deers that can jump fences and steal food. Animals still need food even when unloaded, the only way for them to get food and not starve is for a trough with food is nearby. Although animals do not die from a lack of saturation, it is still important as it is tied to many different things.

Entity HUD Keyword Meanings

Spoiler

Saturation: x/y (z%)

This shows you the current saturation of the entity if it is a farmable one. X is the current saturation, y is the maximum saturation, and z is the percentage of the current saturation.

Hungry!

If an entity has this word in it means that it is hungry. Hungry animals will not mate, grow, mate, and cannot be milked. On average animals are hungry when their saturation is below 75% but this varies with the Resistance trait.

Wild

When a wild female reproduces, its offspring will not increase in generation. The player must feed her either by trough or dropping an item she can eat. Once she is no longer wild, all her offspring and their offspring will gain generations.

Infertile

Females have a limited number of times they can give birth, and when they reach the max they can no longer get pregnant. Infertile chickens will also no longer lay eggs or incubate eggs.

Can be sheared

When an entity can be sheared it will display this. Right clicking with shears will cause it to drop an item. There is a chance you will damage it in the process.

Animals cannot be hungry to mate. When mating occurs the female gets pregnant she will have an increased food consumption of +50% for the duration of her pregnancy. Pregnant females can have a miscarriage if either their saturation drops below 50% or their health drops below 25%. This is affected by the Resistance trait. Babies have only half the maximum saturation of their adult selves. Babies that are hungry will stop growing, so keep them fed throughout their childhood! Female animals have a limited number of times they can get pregnant/lay eggs, then they will become infertile and stop bearing children.

mate-min.jpg.6630e0d2f4bcc79b397c303213b1ea7e.jpg

miscarriage.thumb.jpg.4547bf2959f4cfd7c9b7c16b330a1721.jpg

Every time an animal loses saturation they produce poop. Babies only produce the smallest amount of poop for their kind, males the largest amount, and females will produce either amount randomly. Poop can be used as a fertilizer for crops.

Genetic Traits:

Spoiler

All farmable animals have genetic traits that determine different stats for it, shift+ctrl+right click an entity with an empty hand, to see the stats in your info log. Stats are inherited from parents. They range from Poor, Below Average, Average, Above Average, Exceptional

Health: Increases or decreases maximum health. Levels: -1, -0.5, 0, +0.5, +1

Speed: Increases or decreases movement speed. Levels: -40%, -20%, 0, +20%, + 40%

Digestion: Determines saturation per portion of food. Levels: 0.5, 0.75, 1, 1.25, 1.5

Hunger: Determines how much saturation is lost per day. Levels 1.5, 1.25, 1, 0.75, 0.5

Resistance: Determines how much food an animal needs not to be hungry and how resistant they are to miscarriages. (with Useful Stuff mod installed also determines how much damage they take)

Levels: +25%, +12.5%, 0, -12.5%, 25%

Animal Specifics:

Hare

Spoiler

hares-min.thumb.png.cb11e3f1a5d6e6f3d1f21f0aa3c863dc.png

The new livestock addition of the mod, rabbits can be seen as a highly efficient protein source and a source of small hides due to their fast reproduction, growth, and small diet, but they are highly competitive and vulnerable to predators.

Maximum saturation = 8

Eats items: All vegetables, as well as hay(dry grass).

Grazes on: Grass, (If Wild Farming is installed: Ferns, Flowers)

Eats in trough: All grain except rice, most vegetables, hay, and rot in large trough

Preys on: N/A

Poop amount: Small

Poop Type: Grazer

Gestation time(in game days) = 5

Pregnancy Recovery Time(in game days) = 1-3

Litter size = 6-12

Baby to Adult Time(in game hours) = 168

Maximum number of births: 8

Additional Info: Males will attack other males and babies, keep them separated

Chicken

Spoiler

chickens-min.thumb.png.2de304b429fcae203c59192988aea544.png

Chickens will provide a daily supply of eggs, given they have enough room and food for them. They have the smallest and most expensive diet though.

Maximum saturation = 12

Eats items: All grains

Grazes on: Grass, mushrooms, (If Wild Farming is installed: Ferns, Flowers)

Eats in trough: All grain except rice, in small trough

Preys on: Grubs, (If Primitive Survival is installed: Earthworms)

Poop amount: Small

Poop Type: Avian

Incubation time(in game days) = 5

Pregnancy Recovery Time(in game days) = N/A

Litter size = 3

Baby to Adult Time(in game hours) = 120

Maximum number of eggs: 128

Additional Info: Infertile hens will not incubate eggs

Pig

Spoiler

pig-min.thumb.png.7c655a42126af63801ace478a0df6fe2.png

These beasts have the largest litter size and diet of all the animals, being able to eat literal rot. Though they have to eat a lot more, and are a risk to bushes and beehives.

Maximum saturation = 20

Eats items: All grains, all vegetables, all meat, all dairy, all fruit as well as hay(dry grass), raw meats, and rot.

Grazes on: Grass, mushrooms, (If Wild Farming is installed: Ferns, Flowers)

Eats in trough: All grains except rice, most vegetables, hay, and rot in large trough

Preys on: Grubs, (If Primitive Survival is installed: Earthworms)

Poop amount: Small to medium

Poop Type: Normal

Gestation time(in game days) = 18

Pregnancy Recovery Time(in game days) = 1-3

Litter size = 7-14

Maximum number of births: 8

Sheep

Spoiler

milk-min.thumb.jpg.e5660a65ac07ab52ca0a9ea7d6bfecef.jpg

These creatures produce wool and milk. Though there diet is somewhat picky and they have the slowest reproduction of all the animals

Maximum saturation = 16

Eats items: All grains and hay

Eats in trough: All grains except rice, some vegetables, hay, and rot in large trough

Poop amount: Small to Large

Gestation time(in game days) = 20

Pregnancy Recovery Time(in game days) = 14-21

Litter size = 1

Baby to Adult Time(in game hours) = 336

Maximum number of births: 3

Additional Info: Female sheep can be milked, and adults can be sheared for wool

Wolves:

Spoiler

Maximum saturation = 20

Eats items: All meat

Grazes on: N/A

Eats in trough: Only animal feed in large or small trough

Preys on: Hares, Chickens, and Players!

Gestation time(in game days) = 12

Pregnancy Recovery Time(in game days) = 7-10

Litter size = 4-6

Baby to Adult Time(in game hours) = 192

Maximum number of births: 5

Additional Info: Extremely hostile, can cause significant injury to players.

Dogs:

Spoiler

Maximum saturation = 20

Eats items: All meat

Grazes on: N/A

Eats in trough: Only animal feed in large or small trough

Pregnancy Recovery Time(in game days) = 7-10

Litter size = 4-6

Baby to Adult Time(in game hours) = 192

Additional Info: Any kills the dog gets, it does not get nutrients from, and the credit for the kill goes to its owners

Deer(Lichen mod installed):

Spoiler

Maximum saturation = 18

Eats items: All grains and hay

Eats in trough: Only animal feed from large trough

Poop amount: Small to Large

Pregnancy Recovery Time(in game days) = 4-11

Litter size = 1-3

Additional Info: Very agile, can jump over fences. Very hard to domesticate. Females produce milk and males can be sheared for their antlers.

Aurochs(Medieval Expansion mod installed):

Spoiler

Maximum saturation = 24

Eats items: All grains, and hay

Eats in trough: All grains except rice, carrots, hay, in large trough

Poop amount: Medium to Large

Gestation time(in game days) = 20

Pregnancy Recovery Time(in game days) = 4-11

Litter size = 1

Baby to Adult Time(in game hours) = 336

Maximum number of births: 4

Additional Info: Females can be milked

Pets:

Spoiler

2021-08-07_17-18-01.png.42bedfa39e13ab03f6ef30dc491875ab.png

Wolves can be turned into dogs once they reach generation 10. To turn them into a dog shift-right click with a collar and they will be owned by you. Note: The color of the dog may be different from when it was a wolf. To give the dog commands, use a pet whistle. Dogs will stop obeying you if they are hungry. Shift+left click to set and order, and ctrl+left click to set an aggro level. Shift+right with a dog selected to give them the current command or aggro level, or if you are not looking at a specific pet it will give every pet within a 30 block radius that order and aggro.

Current Commands:

Stay: The pet will not move

Wander: The pet will freely wander around

Follow: The pet will follow you and teleport to you if you get too far away

Current aggro levels:

Passive: The pet will not attack at all

Defend: The pet will attack entities that attack it

Protect: The pet will attack entities that attack it, it’s owner, or generation 3 animals

Hunt: The pet will attack entities that it’s owner attacks, attack it, it’s owner, or generation 3 animals

Food Troughs, Compost Bins & other Changes/Additions

Spoiler

Troughs have been revamped in order to meet the new food needs of the animal. It now takes 1 item to make one portion in either trough. The large trough capacity has been increased to 64 and the small to 32. Rot can be placed in large troughs for pigs, and dry grass in small troughs for hares. Hold shift to insert 4 at a time.

smalltrough-min.jpg.770a68891e71ab90cf7fc01aeb9cbf49.jpg

largetrough-min.thumb.jpg.62e62836578744c457e7431a469d79d2.jpg

Compost bins are added for getting rid of unwanted food to give to pigs. It has four slots and most things will rot in less than 24 hours inside of it. The amount of rot gained from food items like grain, fruit, and vegetables has been increased. Grubs can be collected by placing a compost bin full of rot on top of a hopper. Grubs will grow and eat the rot and fall into the hopper. They can be eaten for a tiny snack(GROSS!), and you can place them on the ground by shift+right clicking. They will go around and eat poop.

compostbinrecipe-min.jpg.34e2b5134b7e6ab01f2fc53cf85e31dd.jpg

Animal traders specialize in the selling of domesticated animals. They will sell caged babies at generation 10, for a hefty fee of course.

Wool can be sheared from adult sheep. Greasy wool fibers need to be cleaned with lime water to be turned into twine, and wool twine can be turned into white wool sheets. Wool can be used in similar ways to linen and has double the clothing repairing abilities.

Rice, rye, and spelt now drop dry grass on harvest.

Animal handling gloves can be crafted from 4 leather and 2 twine and can be used to carry small animals.

If you have meat from another mod, it can be fed to meat eating wolves and pigs by making sure it is in an edible form, by either cooking or curing it.

While animals can graze on all plants, not all plants are good for them. While horsetail can heal, lily of the valley, fly agaric mushrooms, cinnamon ferns, and eagle ferns will poison animals.

If you want to raise dogs for other people, make sure you do not claim the wolves! Once you put a collar on a wolf it turns into a dog that only you control, and any babies made from female dogs owned by you will also be owned by you.

The traits will also show you the age of the baby, and the amount of births a female animal has left. If Useful Stuff mod is installed it will also display that entities given name with a ceramic tablet.

For big animals, like sheep, make sure you give them a wide area and put there trough in the middle of the pen. They will walk in circles if they cannot path properly.

Note: There is an in-game Farmer's Guide with the rest of the guides

Note: The hitboxes of the troughs were removed in order to allow better pathfinding.

Note: While animals can eat dropped items, they cannot do so if they are unloaded, say if you were to go far far away. Troughs will automatically feed them while unloaded so they are a definite upgrade to have.

Config Explained:

Spoiler
  • RestrictPathfinding: When true, restricts the pathfinding to a line of sight for food
  • PathRange: Determines how far animals path for food blocks
  • PathItemRange: Determines how far animals path for players holding food and food items
  • PoopEnabled: Whether animals drop poop or not
  • UnloadedHungerEnabled: If true hunger is applied even if the animal is unloaded or there is a time skip
  • ShearingEnabled: Whether or not shearing is enabled
  • PetsEnabled: If false, will disable all pet related items
  • GluttonyEnabled: Whether animals eat items even if they are not hungry
  • LichenEnabled: Whether to use Lichen patches
  • MedievalExpansionEnabled: Whether to use Medieval Expansion patches
  • PrimitiveSurvivalEnabled: Whether to use Primitive Survival Patches
  • WildFarmingEnabled: Whether to use Wild Farming patches

Update notes

Please let me know of any bugs, and feel free to leave any suggestions or feedbacks. Happy farming! 🧑‍🌾👩‍🌾

https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/47

Compatibility:

Wild Farming

Useful Stuff

Primitive Survival

Lichen

Medieval Expansion

Disclaimer: Please post any bug reports, suggestions, and feedback on the forum page of this mod. Anywhere else, such as Discord, will be ignored!

Edited by jakecool19
v1.0.7
  • Like 8
  • Cookie time 3
  • Amazing! 2
  • Mind=blown 1

Now this seems like an excellent mod, unfortunately my current playthrough couldn't accommodate the change. I'd have mass die offs of chickens, pigs and sheep if I tried it. On the other hand the composting bin seems very useful as it sits both to quickly deal with large amounts of slowly spoiling crops (I vastly over prepped for my first winter and there's no way I can get through all the onions and stuff that are slowly going bad; not with the stuff in the jars that's slowly going bad as well).

Any chance you'd be willing to give us a second download for the composting bin by itself?

5 hours ago, ZigTheHedge said:

Awesome work, man!

One request though. Please make everything you have in mod translatable. Now some texts seems to be hardcoded (Like text in tooltips ("Saturation: 10/10", "A risk of Miscarriage" etc).

Just released a patch to fix that, thanks for pointing it out.

4 hours ago, Godogma said:

Now this seems like an excellent mod, unfortunately my current playthrough couldn't accommodate the change. I'd have mass die offs of chickens, pigs and sheep if I tried it. On the other hand the composting bin seems very useful as it sits both to quickly deal with large amounts of slowly spoiling crops (I vastly over prepped for my first winter and there's no way I can get through all the onions and stuff that are slowly going bad; not with the stuff in the jars that's slowly going bad as well).

Any chance you'd be willing to give us a second download for the composting bin by itself?

Here you go. Just do not use them together or otherwise it will probably crash.

farmlife(CompostBinOnly).zip

• Like 1

Thanks :) Now I'll be able to quickly deal with that issue and clear up a LOT of storage.

EDIT - Unfortunately after putting the file in the mods folder it doesn't show up to be enabled in the game mods list and I don't see the recipe in the handbook crafting menu nor is it showing in creative mode?

Edited by Godogma

1 hour ago, Godogma said:

Thanks :) Now I'll be able to quickly deal with that issue and clear up a LOT of storage.

EDIT - Unfortunately after putting the file in the mods folder it doesn't show up to be enabled in the game mods list and I don't see the recipe in the handbook crafting menu nor is it showing in creative mode?

My bad I zipped it wrong. Here this one should work

Compostbinonly.zip

• Like 1

1 hour ago, l33tmaan said:

Something is going wrong. On our multiplayer server we feed our animals, but for whatever reason they're ALL back to 0 sat within a few minutes. This makes the mod basically unplayable, can you fix it?

Is it all animals or just a certain kind? Also do you have any other mods that change animal behaviors? Do the animals complain of not being fed? (Babies malnourished/females too hungry to mate?) Do they poop? Also kind of a silly question to ask, what is the game time speed set to on the server?

Edited by jakecool19

I'm not the server owner so I can't tell you the last one, but I think it's default. I don't think we have any animal changing mods besides this one. Here's the modlist

Spoiler

MODLIST
BerryBread		1.1
BetterDrifters(Loot)	1.0
BetterStairs 		1.0.2
BushmeatMeals	 	1.0.6
CarryCapacity 		0.5.2
CavePaintings 		1.2.-B
ClothesCrafting		v1
CompatibilityLib 	1.1.0
ExtraChests		1.3.0
FancyDoors		1.0-B
FancyTools 		0.3
FarmLife		0.9.2
FixRoads 		1.2.0
GrassStuff		1.1
GraveMod 		2.2.1
Instruments		1.0.14
LazyTweaks 		3.1.0
MedievalExpansion 	3.2.2
MetalRecovery 		0.1.4RC
MeteoricExpansion 	1.0.3
MoreClasses 		1.0
MoreRecipes 		1.4.3
MoreRoads 		1.3.1
MoreVariants 		1.3.1
Necessaries 		0.7.8-B
OreCrystals 		1.2.1
PrimitiveSurvival 	2.4.0
Reed Walls		1.0
RopeBridges 		1.0.5
StepUp			1.2.0
Superfuel		1.0
TemporalTinkerer 	2.2.2
TrailFood 		1.0.1
Vinegar 		1.2
WeaponPack 		1.0.4
WorkbenchExpansion 	1.2.4
Xlib			0.4.2
XmasTime 		0.2-B
Xskills			0.4.2

Yes, females were too hungry to mate and were at risk of miscarrying. I didn't check to see if it's happening to rabbits and chickens, but it's happening to sheep and pigs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, l33tmaan said:

I'm not the server owner so I can't tell you the last one, but I think it's default. I don't think we have any animal changing mods besides this one. Here's the modlist

Reveal hidden contents

MODLIST
BerryBread		1.1
BetterDrifters(Loot)	1.0
BetterStairs 		1.0.2
BushmeatMeals	 	1.0.6
CarryCapacity 		0.5.2
CavePaintings 		1.2.-B
ClothesCrafting		v1
CompatibilityLib 	1.1.0
ExtraChests		1.3.0
FancyDoors		1.0-B
FancyTools 		0.3
FarmLife		0.9.2
FixRoads 		1.2.0
GrassStuff		1.1
GraveMod 		2.2.1
Instruments		1.0.14
LazyTweaks 		3.1.0
MedievalExpansion 	3.2.2
MetalRecovery 		0.1.4RC
MeteoricExpansion 	1.0.3
MoreClasses 		1.0
MoreRecipes 		1.4.3
MoreRoads 		1.3.1
MoreVariants 		1.3.1
Necessaries 		0.7.8-B
OreCrystals 		1.2.1
PrimitiveSurvival 	2.4.0
Reed Walls		1.0
RopeBridges 		1.0.5
StepUp			1.2.0
Superfuel		1.0
TemporalTinkerer 	2.2.2
TrailFood 		1.0.1
Vinegar 		1.2
WeaponPack 		1.0.4
WorkbenchExpansion 	1.2.4
Xlib			0.4.2
XmasTime 		0.2-B
Xskills			0.4.2

Yes, females were too hungry to mate and were at risk of miscarrying. I didn't check to see if it's happening to rabbits and chickens, but it's happening to sheep and pigs.

Thank you so much for bringing this serious bug to my attention! I will release a patch for it in a few minutes.

EDIT: 0.9.3 has been released!

Edited by jakecool19
  • Like 1

This is the log from a crash while starting up a new single player world.

Version: v1.14.2 (Stable)2020-12-30 8:29:40 PM: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Farmlife.EntityBehaviorConsume.get_timer()
   at Farmlife.EntityBehaviorConsume.Initialize(EntityProperties properties, JsonObject attributes)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.EntitySidedProperties.loadBehaviors(Entity entity, EntityProperties properties, IWorldAccessor world)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.EntityProperties.Initialize(Entity entity, ICoreAPI api)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.Initialize(EntityProperties properties, ICoreAPI api, Int64 InChunkIndex3d)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent.Initialize(EntityProperties properties, ICoreAPI api, Int64 InChunkIndex3d)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.LoadEntity(Entity entity, Int64 fromChunkIndex3d)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemSupplyChunks.<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<loadOrGenerateChunkColumn>b__0()
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.ProcessMainThreadTasks()
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.ProcessMain()
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Stop(String reason)
   at _Ine8FeGTtDXciSIfaZMHMwCLKGBA._7qFtOrLrruN94uuyGVDb8Un9J6o()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

All I have to go on. When firing up my server with 0.9.3 (First time using this mod) server's cmd prompt just exits abruptly and there isn't even an error message.

Edit: I should say this is not a new world, it's ongoing.

Logs:

Version: v1.14.2 (Stable)12/30/2020 8:27:54 PM: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Farmlife.EntityBehaviorConsume.Initialize(EntityProperties properties, JsonObject attributes)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.EntitySidedProperties.loadBehaviors(Entity entity, EntityProperties properties, IWorldAccessor world)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.EntityProperties.Initialize(Entity entity, ICoreAPI api)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.Initialize(EntityProperties properties, ICoreAPI api, Int64 InChunkIndex3d)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent.Initialize(EntityProperties properties, ICoreAPI api, Int64 InChunkIndex3d)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.LoadEntity(Entity entity, Int64 fromChunkIndex3d)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemSupplyChunks.<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<loadOrGenerateChunkColumn>b__0()
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemSupplyChunks.LoadWorldgenHandlerAndSpawnChunks()
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.EnterRunPhase(EnumServerRunPhase runPhase)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Launch()
   at ‏‏‏‍‮‪‬‬‏‮‍‌‮‎‮‭‬‍‮‫‫‭‌‌‫‮‌‮‌‭‮.‪‭‫‬‎‌‏‬‫‫‭‎‫‏‌‮‮‪‫‍‫‌‮()
   at _lErb0L2e9E9htuT2VVnAsXIZqc7A._8puLW8J44fiq3A5hthQTfB8WNxc(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------
Version: v1.14.2 (Stable)12/30/2020 8:28:31 PM: Critical error occurred
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemSupplyChunks.LoadWorldgenHandlerAndSpawnChunks()

Edited by Raio_Verusia

36 minutes ago, Taska Raine said:

This is the log from a crash while starting up a new single player world.

Version: v1.14.2 (Stable)2020-12-30 8:29:40 PM: Critical error occurred
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.ProcessMain()
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Stop(String reason)
   at _Ine8FeGTtDXciSIfaZMHMwCLKGBA._7qFtOrLrruN94uuyGVDb8Un9J6o()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

34 minutes ago, Raio_Verusia said:

All I have to go on. When firing up my server with 0.9.3 (First time using this mod) server's cmd prompt just exits abruptly and there isn't even an error message.

Edit: I should say this is not a new world, it's ongoing.

Logs:

Version: v1.14.2 (Stable)12/30/2020 8:27:54 PM: Critical error occurred
Version: v1.14.2 (Stable)12/30/2020 8:28:31 PM: Critical error occurred

Thank you both so much for giving me your logs that made it a lot easier to fix. Hopefully now this will fix the bug and not cause any more crashes🤞. Let me know if you find anything else.

farmlife_v0.9.4.zip

• Thanks 1

@jakecool19 This new release has fixed the issue @l33tmaan was describing above, at least for my game it did. I am having an issue now where the hopper hooked up to a trough empties the hopper completely, even if the trough is full. Doesn't matter how it's hooked up to the trough, dried grass, oats, whatever, it will absorb it into the void.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pawsbrake said:

@jakecool19 This new release has fixed the issue @l33tmaan was describing above, at least for my game it did. I am having an issue now where the hopper hooked up to a trough empties the hopper completely, even if the trough is full. Doesn't matter how it's hooked up to the trough, dried grass, oats, whatever, it will absorb it into the void.

Unfortunately that is a bug with the game itself. You see the trough is a container like a chest and holds items ex. food for animals. When the player puts food in it counts it as a portion and puts it in the trough. However a hopper just simply pushes items into a container with an open slot. This means that it bypasses the feed system so it does not count as a meal. The items should be in the trough inventory though, so breaking it will return whatever items the hopper put in. Hopefully they will fix it in the next big update.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.