Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

More ways to process more food items together is always welcome. It is the point of the mod, after all. Referring both to kebab ideas and the carrot juicing; on the former point, maybe kebabs would have some saturation bonus, but not as much as a cooking pot meal? Not sure if meal bonuses are hardcoded to the pot or not or if the bonus saturation value itself is hardcoded to a certain value. Kebab sticks could also be a kind of pot/bowl hybrid in function- you cook on it and then eat from it- and something you store & load back up rather than consuming a fresh stick every time.

Speaking of more ways to process items, bug report for 1.2.4. Fish pemmican bricks are not smashable. Not by stone, hammer, or mallet. The Primitive Survival compatibility json has the ball recipe and the brick recipe, but none of the different smashing methods for bricks that the normal pemmican recipe .json has, and only stones work to craft the balls. You may wish to make a second pass at the compatibilities in general.

• Like 1

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.3.0

UPDATED TO 1.3.0! READ THIS CAREFULLY!
THIS MOD HAS BEEN HEAVILY OVERHAULED SINCE PRE 1.3.0 RELEASES. YOUR BERRY BREAD, MUFFINS, FRIED MEAT, DUMPLINGS, PEMMICAN, AND SUSHI WILL NOT PORT OVER! EAT THEM WHILE YOU CAN!

• Added new blocks: Bottles, Mixing Bowl, Saucepan, Spile, Screw Press (Big thanks to @jakecool19!)
  • Can now cook most pickled veggies
  • Can use egg as adherent for breading
  • Salt can be used in many recipes for healing
  • Salt can be made in barrels out of water or brine
  • All liquids have been buffed to give at least 0.5 HP
Edited by l33tmaan
  • Like 1
  • Amazing! 1

Um..... err.... I have issues with 1.3.0 :D

• UI: Mixing Bowls have unexpected interactivity:
    • Interaction hints & clicks only register on the TABLE part of the mixing bowl, not on the pan or ladle
  • Models: There is overlapping geometry on the axle on the underside of the mixing bowl leading to texture z-fighting
  • UI: There is no indication on intermediate cooking products (I checked muffin dough with one, two or three portions of berries) on the amount of ingredients, only the final baked product has differences (1/2/3x fruit sat.)
  • Balance: Fruit added to muffins (maybe other baked things) does not have a 50% bonus for "cooked" foods
  • UI/Audio: A powered mixing bowl will drive me insane with it's CONSTANT grinding. Please consider a change in model so it accepts power not just from below but also the sides so players can easily add brakes/transmission. (maybe turn the bottom "table" into more of a "box") (btw: LOVE the custom model-  its audio issues not withstanding :D).

Now have to test more ^^

---
Edit:

• You cannot manually add an item into the output slot of the mixing bowl, so full automation is problematic (since you cannot guarantee ejection of the created item).
    If however you never remove a previously created item from the output slot the bowl will happily eject items like the quern.
  • Automating input seems... .... ... challenging :D
    Adding a hopper above the bowl and filling it with 50% raw dough & 50% meat nuggets will sadly not produce lots & lots of meat dumplings. Instead it will fill all 6 input slots of the bowl with either meat or dough (whatever came first in the hopper) and then not create anything, since "six of one" is not a valid recipe.
    Maybe this could be solved if you could "lock" a bowl to a specific recipe? It could then block inputs to only accept "approved" slots & amounts. Better Crates does some "locking" thing. Totally spitballing here, but you added powering the thing, so I'm thinking full on factory automation train here ^^
Edited by DoctorVanGogh
  • Like 1

I think it might make more sense to have a gear underneath the mixing bowl, rather than an axle. Perhaps that way it would make more sense to allow it to connect to things from the side, which would make life easier for everyone. I'll have to talk to @jakecool19 about how feasible that is.

The thing about the interaction only working on the table and not the bowl/spoon is because it's basically a quern. You can right click the top of a quern (and a mixing bowl) to use it, but you can only open it up by right clicking on the main block itself. I'm not sure how to reconcile this with the ability to hook it up to mechanical power. 

At least the balance and model stuff is easy to fix. 😅

8 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

The thing about the interaction only working on the table and not the bowl/spoon is because it's basically a quern. You can right click the top of a quern (and a mixing bowl) to use it, but you can only open it up by right clicking on the main block itself. I'm not sure how to reconcile this with the ability to hook it up to mechanical power.

Yeah, having played a bit more with it I can see its "quern-ness" :D

On that note one more suggestion: maybe invert the bowl/animated axle thing. Because right now the bowl is static, but is the interaction trigger. And the axle is animated but is the static item holder part... that seems... off.

If you went with something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butter_churn#/media/File:Leeds_butter_churn.jpg (just the barrel, but standing upright, not on its side) you could do multiple things:

• If you reused (or created something similar) to the vanilla barrel (with a crank/laddle thingy) the object could extend to the block sides, effectively "hiding" that it may be floating above open air (if powered from below).
  • The animated, rotating part would actually be the rotation interactivity object (just like the quern).

Here's a side by side of quern, barrel & bowl:
image.thumb.png.ce1edca3f537ab46b1a294bdc2afe9e9.png

Please offer either a legacy version of pre-1.3 foods or a migration path for them.

Because half my larder looks like this:
image.thumb.png.40409898ed191397cd119d5d4b750b3f.png

And the changelogs certainly didnt lead me to expect to have all my meals to become useless :D

So

Spoiler

Either

• add a legacy definition file for all the unique pre 1.3 foods which keeps their stats, but does not have any recipes to create them. Then maybe remove those definitions with 1.3.5/1.4 down the line.
  • Have the mod add a

.ef migrate
    (or similar) command which migrates the foods correctly to their "new" version.
    My understanding is simple "remaps" won't work since you are using shared definitions for the "new" version of those foods with added custom data structures. But hell, there's nothing stopping you from going "on this command, go 8 blocks in either direction, check all crocks, bowls, etc. and replace `deprecated-foo-variantA/B` with `shared-newthingy` and set their appropriate data structures to {`foo`, `variantA/B`}.

1 hour ago, DoctorVanGogh said:

And the changelogs certainly didnt lead me to expect to have all my meals to become useless :D

Dude, I wrote in bold in the OP, my update post, AND on the mod page, specifically so you wouldn't get blindsided by this. I also have no idea what that .ef migrate function is, but maybe @jakecool19 can make more sense of it. Sorry.

24 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

you keep giving me a good reason to start a new map :P

btw, any chances of making the new berries from the berry bush mod work for your stuff? 

this one https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/308

Why would this make you want to start a new map? It doesn't add anything that would necessitate that.

I've been looking at that and I could add some compatibility for it. I was planning on getting around to it after 1.15 drops, unless it takes THAT long.

System.NullReferenceException: No instance of mixing recipe registry available
   at ExpandedFoods.MixingRecipeRegistry.get_Loaded()
   at ExpandedFoods.BlockMealContainerBasePatches.recipeFix(CookingRecipe& __result, ItemStack containerStack, IWorldAccessor world, BlockCookedContainerBase __instance)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockCookedContainerBase.GetCookingRecipe_Patch2(BlockCookedContainerBase this, IWorldAccessor world, ItemStack containerStack)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockCrock.GetHeldItemInfo(ItemSlot inSlot, StringBuilder dsc, IWorldAccessor world, Boolean withDebugInfo)
   at Vintagestory.Common.CreativeTab.CreateSearchCache(IWorldAccessor world)

I've been very much enjoying the 1.3 update, however when joining into a multiplayer instance, I've been getting crashes with the following stack trace about 80% of the attempts.  The two times I've able to get in, the Mixing Bowl GUI has been inconsistent (the host was able to use it without issue). Have you seen issues like this before?

That is odd. This is a shot in the dark, but do you have all the same mods as the host, including the compatibility library? It sounds like it's trying to pull a recipe that doesn't exist. Is this happening when you try to make something or just when you join the server?

Edited by l33tmaan

9 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

That is odd. This is a shot in the dark, but do you have all the same mods as the host, including the compatibility library? It sounds like it's trying to pull a recipe that doesn't exist. Is this happening when you try to make something or just when you join the server?

We just went over the list of mods we had to make sure we're in sync, and the only difference was a discrepancy in file size for compatibility library. We both redownloaded it and still get the issue. The crash only happens when I attempt to join the host. If I make it into the game everything works as expected.  Another detail that's hopefully helpful: I'm joining in on a single player game through LAN and not via a server.

Thank you again for your quick response!

Hi. After switching to new version all the stakes from Primitive Survival turned into various types of meat rack(at least 10 different textures of it). When trying to craft a stake - crash.

Switched back to 1.2.4 and now when planting Soybean and Rye(I.ve tried Flax, Rye, Soybean, Rice as of now), I get this:

https://ibb.co/rwpNpPR

When L-click on the block game crashes.

Worth mentioning that I have many mods installed but I got this weird situation after 1.3.0 mod update. 

Not sure where to look for the issue

Cheers

EDIT: Carrot, Turnip, Spelt, Onion, Parsnip and Pumpkin are fine, like Rice and Flax.

Reinstalled Compatibility Lib, didn't helped. Crash log may have some hints but I don't have the knowledge to know what to look for.

Reinstalled VS, to 1.4.9rc. Issue still persists.

1 hour ago, l33tmaan said:

Dude, I wrote in bold in the OP, my update post, AND on the mod page, specifically so you wouldn't get blindsided by this. I also have no idea what that .ef migrate function is, but maybe @jakecool19 can make more sense of it. Sorry.

Maybe it was the phrasing

YOUR BERRY BREAD, MUFFINS, FRIED MEAT, DUMPLINGS, PEMMICAN, AND SUSHI WILL NOT PORT OVER! EAT THEM WHILE YOU CAN

I read that as any "plain" bread/muffin/etc will not port over. Did not read that as "any plain [thingy] AND any [thingy] in cooked meals" will not port over.

32 minutes ago, Oushi said:

We just went over the list of mods we had to make sure we're in sync, and the only difference was a discrepancy in file size for compatibility library. We both redownloaded it and still get the issue. The crash only happens when I attempt to join the host. If I make it into the game everything works as expected.  Another detail that's hopefully helpful: I'm joining in on a single player game through LAN and not via a server.

Thank you again for your quick response!

That's very bizarre, I just hopped into a couple of my world and I'm still able to make stakes and stuff without issue. You said earlier that the mixing bowl GUI was inconsistent - what did you mean? Is it behaving oddly? 

23 minutes ago, adres4t said:

Hi. After switching to new version all the stakes from Primitive Survival turned into various types of meat rack(at least 10 different textures of it). When trying to craft a stake - crash.

Switched back to 1.2.4 and now when planting Soybean and Rye(I.ve tried Flax, Rye, Soybean, Rice as of now), I get this:

https://ibb.co/rwpNpPR

When L-click on the block game crashes.

Worth mentioning that I have many mods installed but I got this weird situation after 1.3.0 mod update. 

Not sure where to look for the issue

Cheers

EDIT: Carrot, Turnip, Spelt, Onion, Parsnip and Pumpkin are fine, like Rice and Flax.

Reinstalled Compatibility Lib, didn't helped. Crash log may have some hints but I don't have the knowledge to know what to look for.

Reinstalled VS, to 1.4.9rc. Issue still persists.

Oh man, that sounds kind of like an issue that was discussed here:

Something about a corrupt mod ID table? You might want to talk to the people who had that same problem and see if they were able to fix it. I'm sorry about that. It sounds like it pushed up all your item IDs or something. 😟

25 minutes ago, DoctorVanGogh said:

Maybe it was the phrasing
I read that as any "plain" bread/muffin/etc will not port over. Did not read that as "any plain [thingy] AND any [thingy] in cooked meals" will not port over.

That sucks, man. I thought I was being rather clear with the phrasing, I don't know why an item wouldn't port over but it somehow would if it was inside a meal. I feel bad because you've got a lot of dumplings. They won't be as good, but you can always grab a few stacks from creative mode. 

13 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

That's very bizarre, I just hopped into a couple of my world and I'm still able to make stakes and stuff without issue. You said earlier that the mixing bowl GUI was inconsistent - what did you mean? Is it behaving oddly? 

Yes, specifically after making the Mixing Bowl, neither me nor the host were able to open up the Input/Output GUI at all. After restarting for both of us (and after a handful of crashes on my end), we were able to see it, however I was unable to use right-click to mix, while the host was. A later another game reset seemed to alleviate that as well, though not long I took a break and have not been able to load in since.

The other issue I just was reminded of was during the same period, Fish I was putting into storage container (Fish from Primitive Survival 2.6.6) would just disappear. I don't know if that was linked or not.

Let me know if there's other specifics that might be helpful to you.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

I don't know why an item wouldn't port over but it somehow would if it was inside a meal.

Well, this is where knowledge about the internals of vs and modding comes in. You know how meals are stored. I just assumed.

Meals were not explicitly mentioned, meals could have been stored as opaque objects of "X portions of Y units of satiety Z at Q freshness with ingredient monikers A, B, C & D". Clearly they are not 😁

I feel bad because you've got a lot of dumplings.

You don't know the half tenth... err "small portion" of it 😉 I may have compulsively dumpling-ed everything I could get my hands on.
Oh well, nothing stopping me with sticking with 1.2.4 until I either clean out my existing food or find a way to migrate things cleanly.

This just tickles me enough that I may take a poke at modding this game myself.
"Find all X and do Y with them" is a nice contained problem to take a view at the game architecture.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.