Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

12 hours ago, macoto_hino said:

I cooked some of them today and made a meal out of them.
Apparently, the peanut paste in them increases the nutrient content.

Currently, the process of baking is done in a clay kiln, are there any plans to implement a frying pan?
Baking in a clay oven does not allow us to make many meals and it is difficult to store the meals we make.
It would be nice if I could put them in a baking pot and seal it with a lump of fat.

One last thing. Is it possible to make the eggs compatible with other mods?
If the starting point is too cold, the chickens will not spawn and will not get eggs.
The pheasants in More Animals were spawning in cold regions. If you could please, I would like More Animals to support this

I've been thinking about making a frying pan or something, but I don't think it would have more capacity than the oven, so that wouldn't really be what you're looking for. I MIGHT do More Animals, but every time I add another mod to Expanded Foods I have to integrate it with every other mod it's compatible with, which has already gotten kind of out of control. We'll see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

I've been thinking about making a frying pan or something, but I don't think it would have more capacity than the oven, so that wouldn't really be what you're looking for. I MIGHT do More Animals, but every time I add another mod to Expanded Foods I have to integrate it with every other mod it's compatible with, which has already gotten kind of out of control. We'll see.

Thanks for the reply.

After all, when a mod gets this big, it's hard to add any ideas to it in many ways.

I look forward to continuing to see what your mod can do that Vintage Story's vanilla can't.

I'll do my best on the Japanese translation as long as I live!😆

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amigurumi said:

With as big as it is, it might be better to have separate companion mods that integrate each one. Would it be easier on your end to throw together an integration guide to have others take on doing the compatibility work?

I get where you're coming from and it's not a bad idea to let everyone pick and choose from what they want to install, but the parts of Expanded Foods are so integrated into each other. In what modlet would you put the expanded liquid types, or dough types? What would the parts be, exactly? 

Well, I HAVE thought about splitting all the new liquid stuff into an Expanded Drinks mod and do some cocktail making, but... I dunno, I'd need more content to justify separating it at this point. Food & drinks are the major ways I keep the mod 'organized' in the file structure. Honestly, I need to get things updated to 1.5.3 before Tyron drops 1.17 out of nowhere... it shouldn't take much longer now.

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.5.3-pre.8
1 hour ago, l33tmaan said:

Oh, I got More Animals and Creatures & Critters mixed up. I thought some of the animals from C&C were in MA, but if MA is just the pheasant for now and there aren't plans for a giant explosion of animal content, that's more doable.

More Animals and Creatures & Critters are different.
More Animals has only pheasant type birds and no flying type birds.
However, pheasants spawn instead of chickens, which do not spawn in the cold regions of Vanilla, so these creatures provide valuable eggs.
If compatibility with Expanded Foods is achieved, I'll be in heaven.😆

11 hours ago, Per Edman said:

I get where you're coming from and it's not a bad idea to let everyone pick and choose from what they want to install, but the parts of Expanded Foods are so integrated into each other. In what modlet would you put the expanded liquid types, or dough types? What would the parts be, exactly? 

I was thinking more along the lines of going in the direction of making the core mod modable to integrate new ingredients without l33tman having to do all that leg work from these other mods. 

The recipe for gelatin-raw is a bit off, requiring 0.1 litre pre-gelatin (gelatin-liquid), 10 bones, and 10 L of water in order to make the smallest batch.
Additionally, recipes (for gelatin-liquid, gelatin-raw, and gelatin-honey at least, untested others) do not show up in the cauldron or saucepan, though the recipe will still cook. Recipe display error was caused by an outdated VS client (1.6.4) playing on an updated server (1.6.5)

This is on 1.5.3 pre8

Edited by EbKeth
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 7:55 AM, l33tmaan said:

I think VS really needs something like ore dictionary in minecraft. So ppl can add their own item, tag it as, for example, egg, this item will work in any recipe, what demands egg.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, EreticKB said:

I think VS really needs something like ore dictionary in minecraft. So ppl can add their own item, tag it as, for example, egg, this item will work in any recipe, what demands egg.

Add it as suggestion. I'll be glad if you support with likes or posts. Seems no many modders in  this part of forum. 

Edited by EreticKB
  • Like 1

For the first pic, you're using too many veggies. 4 is the max, you can't stuff more veggies into a salad than you can stuff into a veggie stew.

For the second pic, your portions are off. You need 6 chicken nuggets and 0.6 L of vinegar. Almost all recipes that use liquids operate off 0.1 L as a base, not 1 L... because that would be insane.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.