Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

On 11/30/2023 at 4:29 PM, PurpleArrowhead said:

So I've been encountering this when making salads. Once the lowest shelf life item spoils, it makes the whole meal go to waste.

I don't know if this is intended behaviour, but if it is, the freshness timer doesn't reflect it, nor does the handbook make mention of it.

I have A Culinary Artery 1.0.15 and Expanded Foods 1.6.8

Screenshot (35).png

Came here to ask about this issue, I just ran into it too.

I seem to be having problems with most liquids that can be made in a small cauldron or saucepan. All broth does not indicate that it will cook, and even when ignoring that it cooks nothing, as mentioned earlier. The same happens with fat and .2L of water, switching slots doesn't do anything. I'm on the latest verison of both ACA/EF and 1.18.15 stable. I'm sorry I haven't figured out how to make the game let me take a screenshot (windows 11 print screen pauses the game), so here are my phone pictures:

20231223_135011.png

20231223_135044.png

20231223_135119.png

On 12/29/2023 at 2:16 PM, WildEwok said:

. I'm sorry I haven't figured out how to make the game let me take a screenshot (windows 11 print screen pauses the game), so here are my phone pictures:

F12 will screenshot for you.  The shots should be in your Pictures/vintagestory folder.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2024 at 3:53 PM, Dr B said:

F12 will screenshot for you.  The shots should be in your Pictures/vintagestory folder.

You're a blessing! Many thanks, Dr B

On 12/29/2023 at 1:16 PM, WildEwok said:

I seem to be having problems with most liquids that can be made in a small cauldron or saucepan. All broth does not indicate that it will cook, and even when ignoring that it cooks nothing, as mentioned earlier. The same happens with fat and .2L of water, switching slots doesn't do anything. I'm on the latest verison of both ACA/EF and 1.18.15 stable. I'm sorry I haven't figured out how to make the game let me take a screenshot (windows 11 print screen pauses the game), so here are my phone pictures:

Update, this problem also seems to extend to pasta:

2024-01-08_16-25-25.png

2024-01-08_16-26-08.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 7:01 PM, Shino Hakobita said:

I'm your huckleberry!  Mod Spotlight Video Part 1 and 2 coming soon

I fear you may need to do more parts, or have some really long videos. This mod is more in-depth than even I realize sometimes. Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.

On 1/8/2024 at 4:35 PM, WildEwok said:

Just for funsies I tried cooking the one pasta to see what would happen and it did cook, I'll try with the bone broth again but that one never got the arrow going

That visual bug should be fixed in the upcoming release of A Culinary Artillery. Apparently I commented that display functionality out and never realized it. Oops!

On 1/28/2024 at 10:04 AM, Moody666 said:

why cant we liquify hardened lard again? or use it as-is in all recipes, at least if you heat it, it should melt easiely...

..whats the reason for hardened lard anyway, just use oil for crafting..??

That was a request from @ruggbean to help out with his More Candles mod. It was mostly his idea and I followed his lead. I think hardened lard stores a bit easier as well - you can fit 64 Ls of hardened lard into a single block's space, as opposed to the 50 Ls you'd get from storing it in a cauldron, and that isn't getting into chests or crates. So yes, it is mostly just for crafting stuff.
That being said, I do take suggestions, even if it takes me a while to get around to actually implementing them. My to-do list isn't going anywhere. Adding a new simmer recipe for water + hardened lard to turn it back into regular lard would be trivial... I'm just not sure if that's how it actually works. 😅

On 1/1/2024 at 4:08 PM, Thap said:

It would be really nice for discoverability if the mixing bowl recipes were in the handbook.

It sure would be, but maintaining the code for the recipes is hard enough on its own. Someone with more talent than I would have to write a way to visualize EF recipes in the handbook - some of the ingredient lists are STUPIDLY long.

• Like 1

i ended up making candles out of it, so.. i see the point ^^

8 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

I'm just not sure if that's how it actually works.

depends on how long its drying.. i think..

maybe add a way to prevent it (longer) from drying through the way of storage? like, in a bottle it cannot dry, and in a open barrel it will?

Thanks for updating ACA! This mod seems to be working just fine again too.

I just noticed an issue with the pine and birch bread added by Ancient Tools. The bread gives only 100 satiety without any extra ingredients (this is the normal AT functionality), but the four breadcrumb items you can make from it still give 75 each just like most other bread. Other foods made from the flour and/or breadcrumbs seem to have similarly inflated numbers.

Edited by Gorfinhofin

Pour les joueurs francophones

J'ai entamé la traduction du mod, mais c'est long et je n'ai pas beaucoup (ni le courage) de temps pour m'y mettre tous les jours. J'ai néanmoins traduit tout le guide ce qui permet d'avoir les recettes et le mode d'emploi en français. La traduction en cours est sur Crowdin, si jamais... ;)

For French-speaking players

I started translating the mod, but it's long and I don't have much time (neither the courage) to work on it every day. However, I translated the entire guide which allows you to have the recipes and instructions in French. The current translation is on Crowdin, if ever... ;)

fr.json

Edited by Laerinok
  • Thanks 1

Am having a bit of trouble with the seed oil. Not sure if I just have to wait a certain period of time (where the fruit is instant) and have tried different containers but it won't release the oil. I can pull the wet mash out, can't treat it like honeycombs to force it into a container. Am I missing something? 
 image.thumb.png.8c93c6bdac687283c4843878e2d17d06.pngT

3 hours ago, Laerinok said:

Pour les joueurs francophones

J'ai entamé la traduction du mod, mais c'est long et je n'ai pas beaucoup (ni le courage) de temps pour m'y mettre tous les jours. J'ai néanmoins traduit tout le guide ce qui permet d'avoir les recettes et le mode d'emploi en français. La traduction en cours est sur Crowdin, si jamais... ;)

For French-speaking players

I started translating the mod, but it's long and I don't have much time (or the courage) to work on it every day. However, I translated the entire guide which allows you to have the recipes and instructions in French. The current translation is on Crowdin, if ever... ;)

fr.json 776.53 kB · 1 download

Thank you! I'll get this into the next version.

14 minutes ago, UnknownFox said:

Am having a bit of trouble with the seed oil. Not sure if I just have to wait a certain period of time (where the fruit is instant) and have tried different containers but it won't release the oil. I can pull the wet mash out, can't treat it like honeycombs to force it into a container. Am I missing something? 
 image.thumb.png.8c93c6bdac687283c4843878e2d17d06.pngT

The fruit press won't make anything unless it has an output of at LEAST 5 liters. You need to add more seeds.

• Thanks 1

Am I missing something or does the saucepan not work properly? Tried to cook dumplings earlier, the green progress arrow does not move, here it is the same with redmeat nuggets, no progress.

CyL2JEx.png

Edited by TeaJay

Hello. I am using this mod fine in my game, but on every load into the world, I get a long list of client warnings about wildcraft and wildcrafttree textures not being found by this mod. The game seems to be running fine, but I did some research and it seems to me that wildcraft is depreciated and is being replaced by something called herbarium? is there anything i should do about these errors? new to modding vintage story.

On 2/11/2024 at 8:26 AM, BebRav3 said:

Hello. I am using this mod fine in my game, but on every load into the world, I get a long list of client warnings about wildcraft and wildcrafttree textures not being found by this mod. The game seems to be running fine, but I did some research and it seems to me that wildcraft is depreciated and is being replaced by something called herbarium? is there anything i should do about these errors? new to modding vintage story.

Not 100% sure but I did some digging on the weekend and I think it's just all pointing at the wrong places since they rewrote wildcraft into herbarium, I'm using the Herbarium modules and it works fine no client errors or anything, but you can't make expanded foods stuff out of most of that stuff, so stick to basic stews and soups with the wildcraft resources, I'd just save the vanilla stuff (i.e. currants, blueberrys, cranberrys) for use with expanded recepies for now.

If they client errors aren't breaking anything apparent, I'd just swivel my desk chair around when I load up the world if I were you.

3 minutes ago, LastChime said:

Not 100% sure but I did some digging on the weekend and I think it's just all pointing at the wrong places since they rewrote wildcraft into herbarium, I'm using the Herbarium modules and it works fine no client errors or anything, but you can't make expanded foods stuff out of most of that stuff, so stick to basic stews and soups with the wildcraft resources, I'd just save the vanilla stuff (i.e. currants, blueberrys, cranberrys) for use with expanded recepies for now.

If they client errors aren't breaking anything apparent, I'd just swivel my desk chair around when I load up the world if I were you.

That is basically what I am doing, just worried that this may break something down the line. Dont want to rebuild the roman empire only to corrupt the save when i try to make schawarma. Im not even running Herbarium or any wildcraft related mods since they are not ready yet.

Side note, do you know how to cure resin from the spile this game adds? I have been trying to figure it out in a creative world, but I cannot seem to remove the resin from whatever bucket, barrel, bowl it cures in. I also dont know if i am doing anything right in general so... I commented abt this on the mod page under a day ago.

1 hour ago, BebRav3 said:

That is basically what I am doing, just worried that this may break something down the line. Dont want to rebuild the roman empire only to corrupt the save when i try to make schawarma. Im not even running Herbarium or any wildcraft related mods since they are not ready yet.

Side note, do you know how to cure resin from the spile this game adds? I have been trying to figure it out in a creative world, but I cannot seem to remove the resin from whatever bucket, barrel, bowl it cures in. I also dont know if i am doing anything right in general so... I commented abt this on the mod page under a day ago.

Nah I haven't done it much if at all bud, especially in this new version; resin is everywhere there's pine .19 way upped the generation rates.

However if it's anything like lard it starts as a liquid so you can't hold it or grab it absent a container. After a while it just dries into what looks like white peat bricks you can physically take and use. It's sort of like the way a bow stave needs to dry out just leave it out in the open somewhere and check in on it later.

Resin might be kind of weird tho cause the mod records it like a liquid by displaying 0.1 L as a solid, but that one can be in inventory.

I don't really know much about the guts of this, I just bash code around on occaison when I get curious, so I was digging to see if it was just a find/replace job to get the herbarium stuff going but I don't think it's that simple, l33tmaan's put a lot of a care and intricacy into this amazing mod. Not sure that it'd corrupt anything anyways cause it just don't work as in the mixing bowl doesn't do anything with wildcraft herbs/veg or berries and dough in it.

Edited by LastChime
poor sentence structure

1 hour ago, LastChime said:

Nah I haven't done it much if at all bud, especially in this new version; resin is everywhere there's pine .19 way upped the generation rates.

However if it's anything like lard it starts as a liquid so you can't hold it or grab it absent a container. After a while it just dries into what looks like white peat bricks you can physically take and use. It's sort of like the way a bow stave needs to dry out just leave it out in the open somewhere and check in on it later.

Resin might be kind of weird tho cause the mod records it like a liquid by displaying 0.1 L as a solid, but that one can be in inventory.

I don't really know much about the guts of this, I just bash code around on occaison when I get curious, so I was digging to see if it was just a find/replace job to get the herbarium stuff going but I don't think it's that simple, l33tmaan's put a lot of a care and intricacy into this amazing mod. Not sure that it'd corrupt anything anyways cause it just don't work as in the mixing bowl doesn't do anything with wildcraft herbs/veg or berries and dough in it.

Turns out, I just needed to break the barrel with resin in it to separate them. Yay. Not sure about the bowls and buckets tho.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.