Any tool that will reveal map (or big part of it). Question

razena

Welcome to the forums :)

Vintage Story does not have "biomes" the way Minecraft does. It has a dynamic world generator that selects appropriate vegetation and animals based on local climate data, such as latitude, average temperature, average rainfall, average forestation, and so on. This is overlaid onto the output of the terrain generator, which produces the raw shape of the world.

So if you've been exploring around using the default world presets, you'll always have seen the same vegetation and animals, because those presets always spawn you in the same latitudes and use very large pole-equator scales.

If you wish to see how the world looks in other climate zones, I recommend using the customize menu at world creation to set your starting climate to something other than "temperate". If you select the hottest option, for instance, you'll be spawning around 16°-16.5° northern latitude. You should be seeing sun-bleached savannahs, acacia trees, termite mounds, and hungry hyenas coming after your tasty blue buttocks.

Might be tricky growing most crops in that heat, though. Even the winter months won't be much cooler that close to the equator.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Streetwind said:

Welcome to the forums :)

Vintage Story does not have "biomes" the way Minecraft does. It has a dynamic world generator that selects appropriate vegetation and animals based on local climate data, such as latitude, average temperature, average rainfall, average forestation, and so on. This is overlaid onto the output of the terrain generator, which produces the raw shape of the world.

So if you've been exploring around using the default world presets, you'll always have seen the same vegetation and animals, because those presets always spawn you in the same latitudes and use very large pole-equator scales.

If you wish to see how the world looks in other climate zones, I recommend using the customize menu at world creation to set your starting climate to something other than "temperate". If you select the hottest option, for instance, you'll be spawning around 16°-16.5° northern latitude. You should be seeing sun-bleached savannahs, acacia trees, termite mounds, and hungry hyenas coming after your tasty blue buttocks.

Might be tricky growing most crops in that heat, though. Even the winter months won't be much cooler that close to the equator.

How does it work with already existing world? Is there a way to find different place (for example if I would walk in one direction for a long time, etc)?

By default, the pole-equator distance is 100 thousand blocks, if I recall correctly (I suggest setting this much lower if you start a new world, to make it more feasible to visit multiple climatic areas). It will take a couple of real-world hours to walk from a default temperate start to a equatorial region.

If you explore around enough, there are mechanisms in the game to travel long distances in short periods of time. Unfortunately, they go in semi-random directions, so there's no guarantee it will take you anywhere significantly different from your current location in terms of climate.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.