Suggestion - Having Pause Actually Pause Your Game

That's a bit odd. I'm certain that I've paused my game via the escape key many times and walked off to do something else for a while. It's always been fine when I came back later--still paused. Have you installed any mods lately that could be affecting your game?

It does happen from time to time and I have no idea why. I just come back to my computer several hours later and see I died ages ago.

So far, the handbook pause has never failed. Or at least I wasn't AFK long enough to notice it wasn't properly paused.

I have yet to see Esc not pause the game in over 2 years of playing.  I think everyone saying otherwise is plain looney tunes!  

But, I've never left the game on pause for more than about 10 minutes.  If I know I will be gone that long I just quit to desktop.

On 7/8/2024 at 9:52 AM, xXx_Ape_xXx said:

in single player, it does pause the game.

Until it doesn't. Last night I started a game, moved a couple hundred blocks and paused with Escape. Everything looked paused, so I went to bed. When I got to that machine an hour or so ago, the game was still paused, but my poor seraph had frozen to death. Minimal mods, and none that should make any difference. And it's so hit or miss you can't reproduce it. Maybe I'll give it another whirl with pure vanilla tonight, but like I said, it's nothing consistent that I can put my finger on.

Edited by Thorfinn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.