Primitive Survival

Spear and Fang

15 hours ago, MiniKarma said:

Oh, just to say, etheral block are... x-ray powered when looking through them. I don't think it is intended, but if we put some down, we can see the caves in the ground...

Yeah, I'm trying to create some translucent blocks there, but they currently have that weird side effect.  In my defense, they are still creative mode only blocks and WIP!

This mod is great, but not without flaws. Do you plan to improve the textures in the future? Cordage texture has random semi-transparent pixels. Fish fillet's texture is a photo, obviously too high-res for the game, same can be said about every fish except for bass. Models and textures of fish are too detailed in comparison to other mobs, I think they should be simplified to look more like the previously mentioned bass or chicks/baby hares (smallest vanilla mobs). Even earthworm item is too high-res. I'm a pixel artist, so I can actually help with textures if needed.

Edited by Ledyanaya Sonya

4 hours ago, Ledyanaya Sonya said:

This mod is great, but not without flaws. Do you plan to improve the textures in the future? Cordage texture has random semi-transparent pixels. Fish fillet's texture is a photo, obviously too high-res for the game, same can be said about every fish except for bass. Models and textures of fish are too detailed in comparison to other mobs, I think they should be simplified to look more like the previously mentioned bass or chicks/baby hares (smallest vanilla mobs). Even earthworm item is too high-res. I'm a pixel artist, so I can actually help with textures if needed.

Thanks @Ledyanaya Sonya!  I had no plans to rework textures, but if you are willing to help out I am ALWAYS looking for people to contribute to my mods.  This stuff is very time consuming and I am not an artist, so I take a lot of shortcuts along the way!  

3 minutes ago, Ledyanaya Sonya said:

Okay, then I will look through textures to see what I can possibly do there. When can I contact you aside from this site?

I am SpearAndFang#6757 over on Discord.  I should have mentioned that I only mod for fun and in my spare time (and make no money from this hobby), so please don't consider this an employment opportunity.  :(

20 hours ago, XAHTEP said:

Dear, I wanted to ask - "how to find an earthworm?" I can’t get it.

Right click to pick up sticks, flint, and rocks. Do not break them and then pick them up.  Look for sticks and flint and rocks that are sitting on dirt.  The temperature must be between 0 and 35C.  You should find lots of worms in one hour.

20 hours ago, Mikul Lewis said:

Spang! We love your mod so much. You are so awesome to continue to support and be with us in chat on streams from all variety of streamers. 

Much Love!

-Bat_Tech419

Thanks Mikul, your kind words mean a lot! The Twitch community has been a welcoming place with a lot of fantastic people, yourself included!  

2 hours ago, Spear and Fang said:

Right click to pick up sticks, flint, and rocks. Do not break them and then pick them up.  Look for sticks and flint and rocks that are sitting on dirt.  The temperature must be between 0 and 35C.  You should find lots of worms in one hour.

Thanks, I'll try to do

4 hours ago, Avos Cast said:

So I just got copper and ran into an issue, making stakes is the same recipe as making tool handles for the better weapons mod. I have no idea how to change recipes myself. Every combination of knife and stick makes stakes..  I am stuck

Hi Avos,

Are you talking about this mod?

If so, it *looks* like @Mr1k3 may have already addressed that issue.  Please try this exact pattern:

Untitled.png.ece9d63fd8342abd5656b8af178fae2e.png

• Like 1

Hey, I forgot I posted here. I figured it out. Apparently I had some better craft tools mod along with the weapons and the survival mod and they were all messing each other up. So I deleted the tool mod, which was pretty much the same thing as the weapon mod.... anyways It's fixed now. It was actually the long hefts that require resin and two sticks, the recipe wasn't even in the game until I deleted the tool mod. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Willrun4fun said:

I'm running on the 1.14.8rc1 and getting a lot of disappearing fish.  They will pop off the hook then just go poof before I can pick them up.  IDK, maybe it's meant to be them getting away?

Hi Willrun4fun, Thanks for the feedback.  I'll definitely take a closer look at that and see if I can recreate it.  What *should* happen when you remove a fish is:

• 50% of the time it goes straight into your inventory
  • 50% of the time it flies off the hook and lands somewhere nearby and typically in the water (because, you know, they're slippery!)

Because fish of the same type can stack (if they have the same'ish expiry date), it's possible that they are stacking and you're not realizing it.  Or it could be a bug too!

On 12/19/2020 at 11:40 PM, Spear and Fang said:

Firstly, thanks so much for the kind words.  I've put a lot of work into this mod, so I'm so glad that people are enjoying it!  Secondly, I'm losing my mind right now.  Just the other day I had someone tell me that the snare was pretty much useless.  The snare is VERY similar to the deadfall, only slightly better. 

It's starting to occur to me that there simply isn't a way to provide everyone with a similar experience. I've been getting the same sort of feedback about fishing - it's way too easy for some, and way too hard for others.  

Not knocking you in any way, shape, or form, and I really do appreciate hearing from you, so thanks again.  I just don't know what to do to fix things!

Sorry, life took a sharp turn not a day after I posted that, I got a break up for a Christmas present xD. I only placed four snares/deadfalls in total but maybe it was just a really high traffic area, either way my character won't be starved for protein during the winter xD. I know that trying to balance these must be a pain to deal with but I really do enjoy the mod, there were just tons of rabbit corpses all over my yard xD 

• Sad 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.