Any tips for finding bees

Joseph Fowler

I read that turning off music, turning up sounds and searching in wooded areas (especially if there are lots of flowers) is the way to go. I've found two nests by accident, they were very close to each other in birch woods.

Like everything in this game it seems to be a case of 'just keep looking'!

From VS WIKI: "Finding wild bees can be difficult. Wild bees are a rare spawn in warm climates, but they don't spawn in climates that are too arid or too wet. The best way to find them is to turn the game sound all the way up and wander around in forested areas. Bees are often heard before they are seen. Keep listening for bees, and checking the trees in the area. Wild hives can be inside or suspended from a log." and of course turn off music !!!

Yeah, the trick to finding bees is to explore the woods during the day and to look for the brown dots. "bees" are brown dots that fly around their hives. you can miss them if you are not paying attention.  You have to be careful because you can knock out a hive and not realize it. so you will want to go from tree to tree, look for brown dots flying around, and carefully break the branches off. 

I am also wondering if just leaving a skep around in the forest will help? just plant some flowers around it and check back from time to time? 

Edited by AngryRob
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 4:51 AM, AngryRob said:

I am also wondering if just leaving a skep around in the forest will help? just plant some flowers around it and check back from time to time? 

The flower and hive detection range of skeps is fairly short - only around 7 blocks or so I believe.   So the odds of you randomly placing a skep within range of a hive that you somehow did not hear is extremely low, I'd say.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.