Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

7 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Well, then I must have messed up my decimals again and it's 1 L. 😛

You made me feel confused. I'm talking about the fact that in the game in all recipes 1 piece of animal fat is equivalent to 0.1 L of solid lard.
I'm talking about the fact that in the game in all recipes 1 piece of animal fat is equivalent to 0.1 L of solid lard. At the same time, to get 0.1 L of solid lard, we need to dry 1 L of liquid lard. It turns out 10 pieces of fat turn into 1 without any reason, the fat cannot evaporate in this ratio. This is an obvious mistake. When crafting, 1 liter of liquid Lard should be produced from 1 piece of fat and 0.2 liters of water. This is even written in the recepy, but the output is 0.1 L.
In addition, the process of drying fat for some reason occurs twice. At first, the drying period is indicated in days, and at the end it starts to dry again, but already somewhere around 10 times longer and shows only percentages. I don’t understand why this is necessary, the bacon fat in my frying pan hardens in the worst case in a day.
In general, I ask you to correct this mistake, since now crafting Lard is just a waste of Fat.

Spoiler

2023-07-22_16-19-15.thumb.png.0480b8efc731ce67b1071c59f5240cd5.png2023-07-22_16-19-56.thumb.png.df670abd536848c2ab5fc2ff1b0c3ada.png2023-07-22_16-20-55.thumb.png.e9f721b8ea10c9b67a00dd2a251afba3.png2023-07-22_16-25-13.thumb.png.62deb4b9059db0917b6fa93869ced7fa.png2023-07-22_16-25-39.thumb.png.7fd656be5787b8811d0048567b1b3d38.png

Edited by Alatyr

1 hour ago, Alatyr said:

You made me feel confused. I'm talking about the fact that in the game in all recipes 1 piece of animal fat is equivalent to 0.1 L of solid lard.
I'm talking about the fact that in the game in all recipes 1 piece of animal fat is equivalent to 0.1 L of solid lard. At the same time, to get 0.1 L of solid lard, we need to dry 1 L of liquid lard. It turns out 10 pieces of fat turn into 1 without any reason, the fat cannot evaporate in this ratio. This is an obvious mistake. When crafting, 1 liter of liquid Lard should be produced from 1 piece of fat and 0.2 liters of water. This is even written in the recepy, but the output is 0.1 L.
In addition, the process of drying fat for some reason occurs twice. At first, the drying period is indicated in days, and at the end it starts to dry again, but already somewhere around 10 times longer and shows only percentages. I don’t understand why this is necessary, the bacon fat in my frying pan hardens in the worst case in a day.
In general, I ask you to correct this mistake, since now crafting Lard is just a waste of Fat.

Reveal hidden contents

2023-07-22_16-19-15.thumb.png.0480b8efc731ce67b1071c59f5240cd5.png2023-07-22_16-19-56.thumb.png.df670abd536848c2ab5fc2ff1b0c3ada.png2023-07-22_16-20-55.thumb.png.e9f721b8ea10c9b67a00dd2a251afba3.png2023-07-22_16-25-13.thumb.png.62deb4b9059db0917b6fa93869ced7fa.png2023-07-22_16-25-39.thumb.png.7fd656be5787b8811d0048567b1b3d38.png

He says that he make a mistake and will fix it later.

9 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

I have fixed it! I also made it so lard hardens more quickly. Sorry for any fat wastage.

Can you check the fresh resin that comes from pine? There is also a strange conversion of 10 to 1.

Edited by Alatyr

10 hours ago, Alatyr said:

Can you check the fresh resin that comes from pine? There is also a strange conversion of 10 to 1.

That is definitely working as intended. If you want me to reduce the conversion rate, then I'm going to have to throttle the default sap timers.

On 7/13/2023 at 3:12 PM, Exletalis08 said:

So what is the optimal way to dry dehydrated berries? They get a .25x drying rate in a container in the cellar and can't be placed on shelves.

Why would one need to dry dehydrated berries?

I thought you dried them in an oven. Has that changed in one of the newer versions?

On 7/24/2023 at 4:46 AM, jonn russell said:

a weird question but is it possible to eat broth on it's own and if so how. I've been struggling a bit with the liquids part of the mod.

Oh, sorry - no, it isn't. You have to use it in meals.

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.6.7

Updated to 1.6.7!

• Updated to NET 7.0 (I dunno if this does anything lol): https://info.vintagestory.at/v118-net7
  • Wildcraft Trees compatibility finally added
  • Wildcraft compatibility updated
  • Salt works in meals again
  • Non-chopped meat works in porridge
  • New gelatin textures
  • Chopped food can be used for broth
  • Aged meat can be used for broth
  • PS broth recipes require 1 item instead of 2
  • Lard harden time reduced to 1/4th previous values; corrected harden transition numbers
  • Soulstorm Brew buffed from +10 HP per liter to +100 HP per liter :^)
  • Wildcraft nutrition in pemmican corrected
  • Fish nugget soup text fixed
  • Japanese translation updated (thanks to @macoto_hino)
  • Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, Polish, Russian translations added/updated (thanks to @NiclAss & the Crowdin team)
Edited by l33tmaan
  • Like 1

Artillery 1.0.12 & Expanded 1.6.6:

[Error] [aculinaryartillery] An exception was thrown when trying to start the mod:
HarmonyLib.HarmonyException: Patching exception in method null ---> System.ArgumentException: Undefined target method for patch method static System.Boolean ACulinaryArtillery.DisplayPatches::displayFix(Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemStack stack, Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityDisplay __instance, Vintagestory.API.Client.MeshData& __result)
   at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.PatchWithAttributes(MethodBase& lastOriginal)
   at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.Patch()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.ReportException(Exception exception, MethodBase original)
   at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.Patch()
   at HarmonyLib.CollectionExtensions.Do[T](IEnumerable`1 sequence, Action`1 action)
   at Vintagestory.Common.ModLoader.TryRunModPhase(Mod mod, ModSystem system, ICoreAPI api, ModRunPhase phase) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game-net4\VintagestoryLib\Common\API\ModLoader.cs:line 621
29.7.2023 22:16:44 [Error] Failed to run mod phase Start for mod ACulinaryArtillery.ACulinaryArtillery

The newer versions, even exp 1.6.7 do not seem to be compatible with net4, so i tried these two - still errors.

On 1/26/2021 at 10:46 PM, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

Are you accidentally using your mod with MoreRecipes?  It also adds the drops for seaweed, glowworm and saguaro cactus.

Hey @DArkHekRoMaNT you mentioned this about glowworms being able to drop, any quick and easy way to edit my own file to allow myself to harvest these without a mod. MoreRecipes is outdated. Thanks in advance for any advice or to tell me its not possible without it being a mod. Also, maybe even updating MoreRecipes mod, I cant find any mod that allows harvesting of Glowworms for decorative purpose other than CaveBeacons that I don't want to add.

18 hours ago, Bat_Tech419 said:

Hey @DArkHekRoMaNT you mentioned this about glowworms being able to drop, any quick and easy way to edit my own file to allow myself to harvest these without a mod. MoreRecipes is outdated. Thanks in advance for any advice or to tell me its not possible without it being a mod. Also, maybe even updating MoreRecipes mod, I cant find any mod that allows harvesting of Glowworms for decorative purpose other than CaveBeacons that I don't want to add.

Answered in MR topic

• 2 weeks later...

oof, let's see if i can organise my thoughts enough to ask this question
it keeps getting rephrased in my brain, so it might not come out properly, but here we go...

i've decided to start working on my own mod
since i intend for it to require this (and aca, of course), i went looking through the files to see what i can use so i don't have to make my own
i stumbled across a json called "breadstarter" and this surprised me because i can't seem to find any mention of it in the first post
i searched the thread and found a few more mentions, but no real information

a sourdough bread starter is basically the crux of my whole mod idea
i wouldn't have bothered if i had known it already existed
but in searching the thread, someone mentioned that the feeding of it was weird because you had to add more yeast
also yeast isn't mentioned in the first post

i guess it's my own fault for not being able to play in quite some time
and when i do play, taking so long just to get a bucket that by then there have been updates and i want to start over

whoops, i guess this wasn't so much a question as just rambling, sorry

HI i Enjoy the mod very much as the cook of my friends private server and i have some questions that are not very easy to find out.

How do i use lard after it solidifies? every recipe is not taking the Hardend lard and i for the life of me can`t find a method to make it a liquid again.

the Second thing is with the toppings how do they work? i try to do 1l of broth into a stew and nothing happens is just wont work.

Edited by Troja

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.