Nomad lifestyle

Roaming Fish

What if I want to play a nomadic lifestyle? While setting up a farmstead is nice and all, sometimes I just want to hop on a horse and live on the move, while I carry my stuff on another horse. Set up some fur tents or yurts for when you and your buddies set up for the time being. Or just raiding another group of players on horses, raining arrows onto them. Burning down the wood buildings.
What I desire is for my friends and I to become a steppe horde, just roaming the plains and fields, raiding other peoples farms and just living on the move. Maybe one day my dream of laying siege to my friends castle will come into reality with some catapults.

I don't know, just my thoughts and imagination.golden-horde.jpg.18cbc4902c9fa1b2aec5515ffcfd5622.jpg

5458484563564.jpg

• Like 2

A tent would be nice...made from fabric or leather.  With bedroll made from fur.  Only two items for complete home with bed. Fire in front for keeping creatures away + coocking.
So you can explore the map for days without returning home every night..or for mining-missions.

Like me in real live (but without mining :D )

FB_IMG_1558527995332.thumb.jpg.3acd702f072759d7a8677edc7e920c50.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This thread was exactly the post I was looking for after working on this since December. 

And now this post will be exactly the "threads" you're looking for. 

More Info in the thread: The ABCS of Nomad-Mode Mod: The Advanced Backpack Construction System 1.0.0

abcsmap.thumb.png.75e8316585e6a2b0959e011b514b72e6.png

Just now I'm remembering Dora, and the Map, and the Backpack, and now I've made a map to build backpacks. 

Don't worry though, I promise, it does NOT sing. 

3rdpersonbackpacks.png.f44011d9c72b16343b8380f6bf91bec5.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I mean, the above backpack thing also seems impractical if you want to start of and keep being a nomad. Way too high flax costs for that, you'd need to have a flax farm first.

I don't really see a nomad style happening unless we get pack animals - and even then it would require the player to either first build a temporary base, or get help from other players, if it's on a server.

Sure it may be a block building game, but that doesn't mean you have to play it as such all the time. This is a game after all, If I want to start a nomad horde with my friends to survive and thrive in our own way, then I will enjoy it. Raiding another group of friends for resources will allow us to continue to improve our playing styles.

Plus why dismantle the farm? Leave it as a landmark.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.