Difficulty finding resin

JamesB

Not that I know of, I got lucky and have 4 seeping trees pretty close together near my spawn. I would try going to a pine forest, walking up to one tree and carefull looking at each block of the trunk one by one, if none are leaking then chop down the tree and move on; eventually you should be able to clear-cut an area and just have a few resin producers left. My 4 were clustered enough that I suspect they aren't so rare, just really hard to spot through all the foliage and it's very hard to stay oriented and search forests in a truly organized manner.

13 minutes ago, Jessica O. said:

Not that I know of, I got lucky and have 4 seeping trees pretty close together near my spawn. I would try going to a pine forest, walking up to one tree and carefull looking at each block of the trunk one by one, if none are leaking then chop down the tree and move on; eventually you should be able to clear-cut an area and just have a few resin producers left. My 4 were clustered enough that I suspect they aren't so rare, just really hard to spot through all the foliage and it's very hard to stay oriented and search forests in a truly organized manner.

Thanks.  I was hoping that there was some unknown game mechanic for finding/generating resin.  :(

Alas, I think the big "Challenge" is foraging. From what I see everyone can usually find 9 out of the 10 things they really need, and one thing just ends up being very rare for them, or really far from spawn, but it's different for everyone. Lime is a common stickler, for my world so far Lime has been pretty scarce, but Bauxite has been straight up non-existent. Not that I haven't gone farther than a few thousand blocks yet... But it frustrates me that this game's default world settings seems to expect travel / exploration in the tens-of-thousands of blocks, and yet you have to settle down to eat reliably or have better than flint tools.

Edited by Jessica O.

7 hours ago, James Berkheimer said:

Is there some trick to finding resin in decent quantities?

Covering more ground is the trick - much as it is to all questions of "I am having trouble finding X".

Roam far enough from your base, and you'll find so many resin trees, wild bee hives, copper deposits, ruins, and so on and so forth that you'll eventually just stop marking them on your map because you have more than enough already.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 2:21 AM, Streetwind said:

Covering more ground is the trick - much as it is to all questions of "I am having trouble finding X".

Roam far enough from your base, and you'll find so many resin trees, wild bee hives, copper deposits, ruins, and so on and so forth that you'll eventually just stop marking them on your map because you have more than enough already.

For me resin is just too damn hard to find.  I've spent days wandering the forests and only come back with maybe 4-5 pieces of resin.  It's a real bottleneck.  I'm actually considering trying to mod the resin rates up but I haven't found where to mod that yet.

1 hour ago, l33tmaan said:

There are a couple of mods that let you get around that: one by letting you make resin out of pine trees, and one that lets you crush soybeans in a quern for oil that you can use in the recipes instead of resin. Which would you prefer?

Resin Renaissance is one of them right?  What's the other one?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.