Friend Found the Etho Slab

ifoz

So a friend of mine found the Etho Slab on our server.
Apparently this thing is a one in a million drop from mining clay, but I cannot find much about it when I look it up, so it does not appear to be well-documented.
Here are some screenshots of it.
---
Ok, so for some reason the forums are being strange and I can't upload any images larger than 74kb, so all I can do is upload this one. I will try and edit this post later to add more.
---
slab1.png.da8a8ffce0b91159a52c094a2885145b.png 

Edited by ifoz

33 minutes ago, ifoz said:

So a friend of mine found the Etho Slab on our server.
Apparently this thing is a one in a million drop from mining clay, but I cannot find much about it when I look it up, so it does not appear to be well-documented.

If I recall correctly, you mentioned that you play vanilla, right? I've seen that slab once before, though I had mods installed, so if you guys play vanilla that means it's definitely not a mod thing.

I figure it's just an easter egg referencing EthosLab, one of the original big names in the Minecraft YouTube community. Although why it's a slab of clay and not something else, I don't know.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LadyWYT said:

If I recall correctly, you mentioned that you play vanilla, right? I've seen that slab once before, though I had mods installed, so if you guys play vanilla that means it's definitely not a mod thing.

Yeah, our server is completely vanilla, so this slab must be in the base game.

1 hour ago, LadyWYT said:

I figure it's just an easter egg referencing EthosLab, one of the original big names in the Minecraft YouTube community. Although why it's a slab of clay and not something else, I don't know.

That's what I thought too, I know he did some TerrafirmaCraft stuff a while back. It's like how the Vintage Beef item is a reference to the youtuber of the same name.

• Like 2

Wow. If that's really 1 in a million, unless I screwed up the math somewhere, at roughly 5 seconds per clay tile mined, it would take around 40 IRL days of 24/7 nonstop digging to have even odds of having seen it (at least) once.

I'm not holding my breath...

• Like 2

Hi, its me the proud owner of the slab. I barely even dug up that much clay to get it as well which is even more crazy. My original goal was just to replace the top layer with dirt instead of clay so it wouldn't look as ugly where I'm building, and about half way through I randomly picked up this clay slab. In total the amount of blue clay I got from digging was about 2000, and I don't know if each clay that drops from mining has a chance to drop the slab, or if the block will give no clay and just the slab. Either way pretty cool find, and I'll definitely be storing it somewhere secure, since I'll probably never get another one ever again 😆

image.thumb.png.b350ae4a12e68c041654a473d0359423.png

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Mordenator said:

Hi, its me the proud owner of the slab. I barely even dug up that much clay to get it as well which is even more crazy. My original goal was just to replace the top layer with dirt instead of clay so it wouldn't look as ugly where I'm building, and about half way through I randomly picked up this clay slab. In total the amount of blue clay I got from digging was about 2000, and I don't know if each clay that drops from mining has a chance to drop the slab, or if the block will give no clay and just the slab. Either way pretty cool find, and I'll definitely be storing it somewhere secure, since I'll probably never get another one ever again 😆

Sounds about right, really. 🤣 Also welcome to the forums! It seems like the rarer items you always find when you're never actually looking for them. And then of course if you don't take it with you, you won't find it again later, heh heh.

We are running our server off the vintage hosting service provided by the dev's so I don't think there's much risk of the world getting corrupted or anything. I do still take world downloads sometimes, but it's not really helpful since they don't support world uploads yet 😔. We actually had to restart the world because I was silly and didn't read the note saying that, but it's alright since we're all kind of enjoying this world seed a bit more.

23 hours ago, Mordenator said:

Hi, its me the proud owner of the slab.

You're lucky that the game doesn't have a display case big enough to stuff your character in, your server-mates would have you preserved with your slab in no time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Michael Gates said:

You're lucky that the game doesn't have a display case big enough to stuff your character in, your server-mates would have you preserved with your slab in no time.

I mean, when there's chisels and enough glass, all you'd have to do is wait until he goes AFK somewhere and then build a display case around him. 🤣

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Michael Gates said:

With a hopper and a display case, anything is possible... :D

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.