just built this house

Niko 5927

I had to stare at it for a few minutes to figure out what was going on--it trips up my tired brain, lol.

2 hours ago, ifoz said:

This image is absolutely insane, is this a Vintage Story texture pack for Minecraft? :D

It certainly appears that way! I think it could be even harder to tell which game it is if the trees were rebuilt and the bed model tweaked.

12 hours ago, ifoz said:

This image is absolutely insane, is this a Vintage Story texture pack for Minecraft? :D

Is it even that? I don't recognize a single block anywhere. The maple log looks close, but it's not. Unless it's maybe a graphics setting I don't use.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Thorfinn said:

Is it even that? I don't recognize a single block anywhere. The maple log looks close, but it's not. Unless it's maybe a graphics setting I don't use.

You can see the Minecraft wooden planks texture on the inside of the windows on closer inspection.
Also the door and bed are Minecraft, and the whole screenshot has no shaders, like Minecraft.
The photo of outside the house also resembles a Minecraft landscape.

OK, thanks. Never played MC, or even looked at it. I did inspect the grass outside the window pretty closely to rule out it being a texture from an open source game (now game engine) called MineTest that I used to use to teach an after-school program on scripting (Lua). Yeah, the windows were also a giveaway it was not the one I was thinking of.

So this is just MC? Or a variant texture pack? While pretty much everything else is obviously not VS, I've gotta admit the maple log is really close...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thorfinn said:

So this is just MC? Or a variant texture pack? While pretty much everything else is obviously not VS, I've gotta admit the maple log is really close...

It's Minecraft with a texture pack derived from Vintage Story, I'm pretty sure. As @ifoz already noted, there aren't any shaders like there typically are in VS, the bed and door are the wrong models for VS as well as the outdoors being styled like Minecraft. Particularly the trees. Vintage Story trees and Minecraft trees are both blocky, but Vintage Story shapes them in a more realistic fashion. Minecraft trees kinda look more like lollipops. The terrain generation differences I don't quite know how to describe, other than Vintage Story's generation feels both more realistic and more how beta Minecraft generation used to be(a lot more variation and cool landmarks to find).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thorfinn said:

While pretty much everything else is obviously not VS, I've gotta admit the maple log is really close...

If you mean the maple log looks like it's in VS, I agree. Though without the VS shaders (since Minecraft doesn't have shaders) does it seem to anyone else like it's a little.. compressed? I think there might be a little more .jpeg-ification on it's pixels, if you know what I mean. It looks flatter almost. Like it's painted on, maybe that's just me though.

I think it's definitely a custom texture pack for Minecraft using textures ripped from Vintage Story. The landscape outside the house and through the windows is a giveaway, as they feature only Minecraft textures and Minecraft-like generation. While it could be argued that may just be Minecraft textures applied to VS, the lack of shaders and distinctly Minecraft-esq generation makes me think this is not the case and that this a texture pack inside of Minecraft.

The shingles on the roof of the house though.. That's not a Minecraft or Vintage Story texture. I don't know where that has come from.

Edited by ifoz
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, LadyWYT said:

It's Minecraft with a texture pack derived from Vintage Story, I'm pretty sure. As @ifoz already noted, there aren't any shaders like there typically are in VS, the bed and door are the wrong models for VS as well as the outdoors being styled like Minecraft. Particularly the trees. Vintage Story trees and Minecraft trees are both blocky, but Vintage Story shapes them in a more realistic fashion. Minecraft trees kinda look more like lollipops. The terrain generation differences I don't quite know how to describe, other than Vintage Story's generation feels both more realistic and more how beta Minecraft generation used to be(a lot more variation and cool landmarks to find).

it's a minecraft mod that allows you to place down photos. i used pictures of block textures from vintage story and assembled them together using photoshop for each face of the building. the attached image is what the front of the house looks like. i didn't want anyone to think that it was just vintage story so i also left in the door and the bed.
front.png.bb1e5eabd42508f13109d599ca834c8e.png

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.