how many blocks are in 1 mile?

The discussion was talking about per "mille" (thousand), not per "mile" (distance). Literally there are 1000 blocks in 1 mille, as there are 100 blocks in 1 cent.

The relevant part is that 0.2 = 0.02%. So 1 in 5000 blocks are ore for the prospected area. (IIRC, the terrain height affects how many blocks that is total, because there's more blocks to mine under a mountain than an ocean.)

I don't know how many blocks are in 1 mile. We'd have to estimate how large a block is based on the size of some other objects. If they're 1 cubic meter, then about 1609 in a mile.

Edited by Bumber
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bumber said:

The discussion was talking about per "mille" (thousand), not per "mile" (distance). Literally there are 1000 blocks in 1 mille, as there are 100 blocks in 1 cent.

The relevant part is that 0.2 = 0.02%. So 1 in 5000 blocks are ore for the prospected area. (IIRC, the terrain height affects how many blocks that is total, because there's more blocks to mine under a mountain than an ocean.)

I don't know how many blocks are in 1 mile. We'd have to estimate how large a block is based on the size of some other objects. If they're 1 cubic meter, then about 1609 in a mile.

Ah, I didn't see that extra l there.
Thanks for the clarification, I also just read through the guide for prospecting again and it said 1000 rock blocks are in a mille.

Additionally, The discussion about any and ALL numbers provided in the pro-pick results are essentially meaningless (best to consider the numbers output for debugging purposes).

/edit - purely for academic purposes...
a block is approximately 1 meter (a bit over 3 feet) so there's approximately 1,609.756 blocks per mile (as that's how many meters there are per mile).

Edited by Maelstrom

As an aside, I loathe what the new forum theme does to my name. Maelstrom's in the same boat.

The old theme was much better for this, and I was using it all the way until it was silently removed a week or two ago. Much sadness. :(

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.