(1.14.0+) Themepack Vanilla+ v1.6.5 100 Download Celebration Update! Carpentry and Food

JabZ

Vanilla+ by JabZ

My first themepack and the first themepack for VS in general! Here it is, Vanilla+ improved models in a Vanilla friendly way.

I got inspired to create this themepack by the odd looking "nubs" on some weapons and tools, the sword and spear most notably. Then I expanded V+ to blocks aswell, like cheese and barrels. Adding some details to it that don't disrupt the game's design.

The goal of this themepack is to improve on the base game models without losing the vanilla charm.

Most notably, the "nubs" on the longblade and scythe have been removed along with additions to other tools and blocks, see for yourself down below!

DISCLAIMER!

The client side version of this mod is now called "Vanilla+ Legacy" and does not need to be installed by everyone on a server, but it's missing the chest model for compatibility sake.

For the version with updated chest models both the server and all users need to install the "Vanilla+ 1.X.X" version!

Known Incompatibilities:

More variants mod (Fix WIP)

Patreon:

I now have a patreon where you can support my work financially and reap some cool benefits!

https://www.patreon.com/JabZ?fan_landing=true

Version 1.6.6 Changelog:

V+ is now tagged as a "Content" mod to allow things like chests to be remodelled

Chests have been given a metal trim

Version 1.6.5 Changelog:

Completely Overhauled the bucket from 2D sprite to 3D Features

Barrel now looks sturdier thanks to an additional plank on all sides

Ladders now have 4 steps instead of 3

Trapdoors now have crossbracing

Displaycase is now 1 voxel taller

Bushmeat is thinner, indicating it's low nutritional value

Redmeat is thicker, indicating it's high nutritional value

Onion are now bigger, everyone loves a nice large onion

Version 1.5.5 Changelog:

Added a more "round" ish look to all sorts of cheese.

Corrected some misalignments on tools

Preview Images:

2021-01-07_16-59-38.thumb.png.5087bb64506c9ad1cdc889c3a709652e.png

2020-12-15_12-31-34.thumb.png.5f99e6a3f5482dc9a44ad4506566372c.png

2020-12-15_12-33-30.thumb.png.0ea9eb2277d7c298211c6c94a5e17b45.png

Downloads:

Vanilla+ (v1.6.6).zip

Vanilla+ Legacy.zip

Edited by JabZ
  • Like 9
  • Cookie time 1
  • Thanks 1

• JabZ changed the title to (1.14.0+) Themepack Vanilla+ v1.5.5 The Cheesy update!
  • JabZ changed the title to (1.14.0+) Themepack Vanilla+ v1.6.5 100 Download Celebration Update! Carpentry and Food
14 hours ago, Aliysium said:

I'm not sure if it's intended, or if it's just something with my graphics settings or graphics card...but the chests have bright white framing. Is this intended? If so, why? It doesn't really fit with the "feel" of the game imo. 

I'm having the same issue; I end up turning them into labeled chests because it bothers my eyes; the white borders aren't always constant, they flicker or something when I look at them from different directions.  Also wondering if they're interacting badly with the More Variants modded chests to cause crashes.

whiteborder.jpg

crashlog.txt

On 1/14/2021 at 1:56 AM, Lisabet said:

I'm having the same issue; I end up turning them into labeled chests because it bothers my eyes; the white borders aren't always constant, they flicker or something when I look at them from different directions.  Also wondering if they're interacting badly with the More Variants modded chests to cause crashes.

whiteborder.jpg

crashlog.txt 6.17 kB · 2 downloads

This is the MoreVariants problem.  Try new version 1.4

6 hours ago, Aliysium said:

I've seen your OP edit about the themepack having to be installed on both the client and the server for chests to display properly....does this require everyone logging into the server to also have the themepack?

I haven't tested that but I'd image so, as with all content mods.
Apologies for the late update on the chests being server side.

On 1/13/2021 at 11:56 PM, Lisabet said:

whiteborder.jpg

crashlog.txt 6.17 kB · 2 downloads

I will take a look at this asap and see if the mods collide

For now I've added a list of incompatible mods (only 1 for now, thankfully)

I've also removed the earlier versions of V+ and edited the disclaimer to be easier to understand.

V+ is a content mod now and requires to be installed by all players and the server in multiplayer.

You can still use V+ in singleplayer as usual.
Sorry for any inconveniences.

On 1/15/2021 at 9:59 PM, l33tmaan said:

Oh no! I'll never get everyone on my server to use this. :( 

I've added a client side version under the name: "Vanilla+ Legacy". Use that version for playing on servers. It's missing the chest models to make it possible to use this way.

• Thanks 2

• 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.