Rhonen

Might want to eventually add : I just didnt understand to hold right click on workbench once chiseled items were place to make it process. (like a quern)

When this mod is activated

We have a weird bug (UI) that shows twice every possible recipe (knapping) for example but also smiting and claymaking in the menu.

See screenshot for example in my single game. It doesnt do it when i disable the mod and does it when it's on. 100% sure its linked to this mod.

2020-10-02_22-46-18.png

Edited by Aledark
Added image.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rhonen. I was told to contact you about possibly getting help adding a new interface to an object because of this mod you made.

I want to use the furnace in creative menu (I've already made a recipe for it to get it in survival) in survival to work much like the campfire but with the added benefit you can pick it back up and take it with you and place it back down without needing to recraft it as well as protection from rainfall and stuff so you can light it and let it burn with it outside even in the rain since everything would be inside the stone it would still light and burn regardless of weather also it would add a slight temperature boost to anything used for cooking in it for example lets say a stick heats up to 700c in campfire it would heat to 900 in furnace also have custom recipes that you can only cook/bake using the furnace that you can't do in campfire as well as still being able to do everything the campfire can do.

was hoping you would be willing to teach me how to add a new interface and make this possible.

Edited by Sukotto82

very ambitious idea. many technics you want to combine @Sukotto82
i think i can give you some hints what you need to create a custom interface.
also give some hints how to configure your block-json to get your block shown in creative-menu and when braking (in survival) what has to drop.

i did not ever played with the heat-indicators. i know the value is stored in the stick-json. you must modify it then the heat in your block-entity of the furnace.
so the burning heat is not bind on the consumer, it bind on the material.
But assembling everything would go beyond the scope here.

Edited by Rhonen

2 minutes ago, Rhonen said:

very ambitious idea. many technics you want to combine @Sukotto82
i think i can give you some hints what you need to create a custom interface.
also give some hints how to configure your block-json to get your block shown in creative-menu and when braking (in survival) what has to drop.

i did not ever played with the heat-indicators. i know the value is stored in the stick-json. you must modify it then the heat in your block-entity of the furnace.
so the burning heat is not bind on the consumer, it bind on the material.
But assembling everything would go beyond the scope here.

ok. I was thinking in regards to the whole heat thing how you need to build a bloomery to reach temperatures hot enough to make iron I thought maybe the bloomery added additional heat values to the fuel used to reach temperatures hot enough to allow for the iron conversion but perhaps it has nothing to do with heat at all and simply a crafting mechanic of the bloomery in which case I could forgo and do without the heat modifier in the furnace.

as for the block json I'm just using the vanilla furnace it's already in creative and I just had to add a recipe to craft it.

my folders are a mess at the moment but I'll share what I have for it so far. I'll just need a moment to find it and clean up some folders.

2 minutes ago, Sukotto82 said:

how you need to build a bloomery to reach temperatures hot enough to make iron I thought maybe the bloomery added additional heat values

i have no special experience for heating something up.
if you want to let it work like the campfire you must heat up and add a modifier for the determined heat.

yeah first I need to figure out how to make an interface that will allow me to interact with it.

I haven't tested it yet so now that I've cleaned up some of my files I'm about to test the crafting recipe to be able to craft it in survival. it's a simple grid recipe so it should work just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Mikul Lewis said:

Trying to make scaffolding in the 1.2.3 update with a knife, 2 rope and the 6 sticks placed in that order at the top of the workbench and I can not get a progress bar to go when holding right click on bench. 

which game-version?
Did the workbench show the item to produce?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.