Rhonen

Hi, I'm trying to copy blocks but it never seems to recognise the materials I put in.  No matter how I arrange them in the crafting grid, or what the source chiseled block I'm trying to duplicate, it never recognises the materials.  It will see my chisel, but not the blocks.  Does it just not work with mutli-material blocks? I can sometimes get it working on single-material chiseled blocks.

dd54077208.png

Edited by jbutt

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rhonen,

Love the ongoing improvements to this mod. I use it all the time!

Ran into a bug tonight. I put a chiseled "bookshelf" block (the kind you can find in ruins or buy from furniture traders) and the game hard crashed to desktop and threw an error with the following stack trace:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at workbenchexpansion.src.inventory.InventoryWorkbenchExtended.UpdateChisselCopyRequirements()
   at workbenchexpansion.src.blockentity.BeWorkbenchExtended.OnSlotModified(Int32 slotId)
   at System.Action`1.Invoke(T obj)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.InventoryBase.DidModifyItemSlot(ItemSlot slot, ItemStack extractedStack)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemSlot.OnItemSlotModified(ItemStack sinkStack)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.InventoryBase.ActivateSlot(Int32 slotId, ItemSlot sourceSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.SlotClick(ICoreClientAPI api, Int32 slotId, EnumMouseButton mouseButton, Boolean shiftPressed, Boolean ctrlPressed, Boolean altPressed)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.OnMouseDownOnElement(ICoreClientAPI api, MouseEvent args)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElement.OnMouseDown(ICoreClientAPI api, MouseEvent mouse)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent mouseArgs)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialog.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.Mouse_ButtonDown(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.WindowProcedure(IntPtr handle, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\Platform\Windows\WinGLNative.cs:line 792
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.ProcessEvents() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\Platform\Windows\WinGLNative.cs:line 1554
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 368
   at _7zNxEbLnuy6Bq08TdMSIu9ZbrKf._vvUTh6X5xLRNnjtX2xSE7z8yMeh(_SUsdg1ytavxaRcNNkhfDrODGhGP , String[] )
   at _yA4PJazdKq1OMm8H6js6v5AhQB._vvUTh6X5xLRNnjtX2xSE7z8yMeh(ThreadStart )

I tried it a second time, with the same error, and then again in a separate world with only Workbench Extended loaded, and it did it again, so I hope I've helped to rule out potential mod incompatibilities. Hope this helps, and let me know if there are any other details I can provide!

On 1/19/2022 at 6:22 PM, Rhonen said:

@Aledark
wondering about that warning. seems the OpenAL has problems when Assets are not from "game
" domain.
The path is correct, otherwise the sound would not work.

ambientSound = ((IClientWorldAccessor)api.World).LoadSound(new SoundParams()
                {
                    Location = new AssetLocation("workbenchexpansion:sounds/chiselsound.ogg"),
                    ShouldLoop = true,
                    Position = Pos.ToVec3f().Add(0.5f, 0.25f, 0.5f),
                    DisposeOnFinish = false,
                    Volume = 0.75f
                });

API Description 
        //     Create a new AssetLocation from a single string (e.g. when parsing an AssetLocation
        //     in a JSON file). If no domain is prefixed, the default 'game' domain is used.
        //     This ensures the domain and path in the created AssetLocation are lowercase (as
        //     the input string could have any case)
        //
        // Parameter:
        //   domainAndPath:
        public AssetLocation(string domainAndPath);

until today it's the same code for the sounds, also in 1.17.

i have no idea what is going on there, that the sound for my workbench seems played so weird at some players. seems not all are involved.

On 8/15/2022 at 5:42 AM, Kurazarrh said:

Ran into a bug tonight. I put a chiseled "bookshelf" block

yes and it seems a problem by the game itself :(

image.png.9f5072d467e8030831b60d1d4aa22a02.png
there are "unknown" blocks mixed ... so, unknown blocks could lead to such errors.
There i can do nothing.

Just checked in game, can verify that there seems to be a bug where if you try knapping, clay molding and anvil forging there seems to be duplicate recipes showing up on the GUI. When considering playing with other mods with their own recipes, and having everything doubled on the GUI, it becomes a bit of a mess to navigate around. Might need to investigate a fix for it.

Thank you for updating all your other mods though @Rhonen!!!! 😍

Edited by SIN1K

6 hours ago, SIN1K said:

When considering playing with other mods with their own recipes, and having everything doubled on the GUI

i remember there was a problem in the past... i think in 1.15. or 1.14 ... when using the recipemanager from game to load own recipes into the manager, that we had to watch on a special handling. may be there was a change or that handling has a bug itself.

not sure about that. while using the recipemanager there was no codechange in the mod. also no api-change on the manager. :(

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rhonen said:

i remember there was a problem in the past... i think in 1.15. or 1.14 ... when using the recipemanager from game to load own recipes into the manager, that we had to watch on a special handling. may be there was a change or that handling has a bug itself.

not sure about that. while using the recipemanager there was no codechange in the mod. also no api-change on the manager. :(

Ahhh I see, well guess we'll just have to deal with it for now then. Thanks for the update on that though Rhonen ❤️

4 hours ago, SIN1K said:

Thanks for the update

no problem.
and again:
seems there is a bug in the api.

before anything is loaded from my recipes, the game recipes are duplicated loaded.
image.thumb.png.7cf3164aca4ff5884effedaff011dad2.png
CustomRecipeLoader only initated and you can see in the log that all game recipes are duplicated.

@Tyrondo we have to use another way now?

On 9/6/2022 at 6:38 PM, Rhonen said:

no problem.
and again:
seems there is a bug in the api.

before anything is loaded from my recipes, the game recipes are duplicated loaded.
image.thumb.png.7cf3164aca4ff5884effedaff011dad2.png
CustomRecipeLoader only initated and you can see in the log that all game recipes are duplicated.

@Tyrondo we have to use another way now?

Yes, override, AssetsFinalize if you want to modify assets

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.