Any way to change world settings?

City Builder

When I created a world for my son, I chose something about how sand and gravel can fall to something like sand and gravel and dirt can fall if not laterally supported.

This is too difficult of a setting for my kid and he's getting frustrated with it but would rather not start a new world as he's finally figured out how to make torches.

Is there a way to reset that setting in the individual world, or edit the world save files to reset that setting?

• Like 1

You can set it back to gravity just for sand and gravel:

" /worldconfig blockGravity [sandgravel|sandgravelsoil] Set the block gravity behavior for either just sand and gravel or additionally also soil (default: sandgravel)"

https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php?title=List_of_server_commands/en

Just press Tab and then T, type in the command and press Enter. If it doesn't work right away, just restart the game.

Edited by junawood
  • Thanks 1

I used a couple of the commands because I was having problems with - 

• all animals being too aggressive to survive
  • absolutely no above ground copper found after a few hours of walking around

So I changed the animals to passive and the surface deposits to 5...I assumed the highest number would give the most additions?

I confirmed that these changes took effect, and restarted my connection.

BUT, nothing changed, after three days of logging off and on, the animals are still overly aggressive, and at most I found 2 pieces of surface copper....?

What did I do wrong?

Or is there other settings I need to check, or...any hints on what the problem might be?

EDIT - Not sure if it is related, but I have found 2 rye, but NO Other crops since starting. I was able to harvest the rye, plant the seeds, and they were starting to grow...1/7 or something like that, but now it looks like something ate them because the plots are empty and no seeds found anywhere near....I am assuming that they de-spawned after 10 minutes and I was not around. BUT, I have found no other crops at all in my travels.  I am surviving on cooked roots right now, and anything that I get lucky and kill without dying....not really fun

Thanks to anyone who might be able to help,

Edited by Joseph Bonaiuto

My guess for the copper is that once some terrain has been generated it won't get copper added into it. The new value for the setting would only affect new terrain getting generated.

Crops get eaten by rabbits so you need to put a 2 block deep trench around them until you can make fences. With luck that will also get you some meat to eat.

Have you put too much time in to start a new world? Life's too short to struggle along in a game you're not enjoying! After watching some YouTube videos about the game I made my first world way easier than the default settings because I'm trying to enjoy myself, not punish myself. It is great the devs have allowed us to tweak the game to be more to our liking.

8 hours ago, Joseph Bonaiuto said:

I have found 2 rye, but NO Other crops since starting

Some 'biomes' don't have much in the way of wild crops. Are you in a jungle?

I'm often surprised to find wild crops as I'm climbing around the hills since they can't always be seen from below.

22 hours ago, Joseph Bonaiuto said:

BUT, nothing changed, after three days of logging off and on, the animals are still overly aggressive, and at most I found 2 pieces of surface copper....

As mentioned, if you changed the settings by command line, and just kept the same world, world generation settings like copper will only apply to new chunks that weren't previously generated.  Also and edge case regarding surface copper is that if you're in a limestone biome, you won't find any surface nuggets because surface copper does not spawn in limestone.  A thick bauxite top layer could also cause the same problem.   Beyond that, it's much easier to find surface copper in areas of short (or not) grass, so maybe try to find areas of short grass.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.