Why I stopped playing.

thewayman

Basically these are huge reasons I just stopped playing instead of re-rolling a world or progressing.

1. The game felt empty the world did at least, a lot of these dumb death caves have nothing but quartz in them. Id explore for hours and hours old to find quartz all over the map. ( am not talking about biomes or anything the world looks pretty i mean imagine minecraft just 1 billion times better this game looks beautiful just something about exploring was off not rewarding maybe?)

2. When I try to progress from tin bronze rather it be another bronze or iron I get no where because the pro pick doesn't find any resources.. The concept of just randomly digging and using the pro pick is horrible. The issue is that i spent many hours trying to find new ore and go no where after about 10 hours... found a lot of caves mind you that had nothing. The game shouldn't be easier at all but the ore generation and balance seems off IMO.

3. Trading seemed useless like what is the point?

4. Combat of the AI seems very boring like they hit you once and run away. I had a few temporal storms but they aren't interesting like 7 days to die 7th day when the horde night comes im excited and ready to go! When a TS comes I annoyed and bored of it. Idk just me I guess..

5. No level system seems to throw progression off and the lack of PoI's are harsh just ruins mostly nothing else.

There are a lot of little underlining issues as well but the main focus of it is that there is a lot of room for improvement but I know it is early access and they are adding more so I look forward to it when it gets more updates I will play more! As for now I felt empty. Don't get me wrong either there is a million things TO DO in this game, but as for the purpose of those things it is off setting the replay ability, or rather the progression or end game.

Edited by thewayman
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I get the feeling, got a little of the same, but i don't think POI:s is the way, or more ores, even if i wouldn't mind some more. I think more crafting options is what i lack most. I felt once i got bronze the advancements lost speed. More animals and more usable herbs in the world would improve a lot, but more i miss crafting. The textile crafting doesn't even exist, that should be evolved. A spindle that can be replaced by a spinning wheel to make thread, perhaps mechanized with a spinning machine, and perhaps a few versions of looms for textile, a warp weighted loom and a drawloom. Glass is made with quartz, but quartz glass is really extremely hard to make. There is potash in the game, it should be implemented, Crossbows, why not battle axes, maces as well. I'm not fond of the bronze scythe, such have never existed. Why not a sickle instead? There could be more tools with different uses introduced. A few of these ideas might be on the way anyway, but i tought might share them anyway. Also, glazing ceramics, tin-glaze and lead-glaze would be nice, why not a stoneware clay as well, guess that would have to come with a new high temperature oven, i think glass making should be made in a such aswell, not in the bloomery. But perhaps different kind of bloomerys can be introduced?

These suggestions should perhaps be posted in a thread on there own, but since i got started, think the wolves should be balanced. Think they do to much damage. Sure, they can be tricked jumping into water, getting them in pits or nerfpulling but right now they are a much greater threat than drifters. Sure, the game should still be hard, but i would prefer if they could attack in a more realistic way, following the player hidden, and assemble help from other wolfes nearby, and attack in a pack. But, it might be hard with the IA. Why not introduce bears that can deal a greater amount of damage? I also think berry bushes give way to much nutrition. I should be reduced, its far to easy to get fed simply by living of the bushes found around the map. By gathering them your food problem summertime is basically filled. Regarding ores i do find iron, specially surface iron to be far to rare, but i guess it got to do with game mechanics, making iron working a later stage in the game. If iron sand and iron lake deposits where common i guess it would make it possible to go to iron tools pretty early in the game. Still, i do think it would be nice to see that on some places on the map.

• Like 1

I recommend that each of you try a multiplayer server as it requires you to have a larger food storage/cooking setup as time doesn't stop when you log off the game. Also makes for more interesting interactions/builds and sight seeing. Always awesome to travel 1km or so to another player's setup to see how they tackled survival.

• Cookie time 1

9 hours ago, Hastsezini said:

I recommend that each of you try a multiplayer server as it requires you to have a larger food storage/cooking setup as time doesn't stop when you log off the game. Also makes for more interesting interactions/builds and sight seeing. Always awesome to travel 1km or so to another player's setup to see how they tackled survival.

Would like to try multiplayer sometime, but i pretty busy with family and work and never know how much time i have to play. It wouldn't be nice waiting for spring only to find next time i get a chance to play again it's back to winter. I constantly needs to leave the game when im called for, so interactions with others will be pretty limited. But sure, i think i might try sometime in the future when i have more time.

But besides that, i think crops should be the thing stockpiling food - after all - that's the reason why people left hunter/gathering. It should be hard to stockpile food just from berry bushes.

1 hour ago, Fredrik Blomquist said:

Would like to try multiplayer sometime, but i pretty busy with family and work and never know how much time i have to play. It wouldn't be nice waiting for spring only to find next time i get a chance to play again it's back to winter. I constantly needs to leave the game when im called for, so interactions with others will be pretty limited. But sure, i think i might try sometime in the future when i have more time.

But besides that, i think crops should be the thing stockpiling food - after all - that's the reason why people left hunter/gathering. It should be hard to stockpile food just from berry bushes.

I'm pretty busy too. Just got to find a server that matches your lifestyle/playstyle with others that are in similar situations. No one is going to expect you to play 12+ hours a day. I usually am only able to log 1-2 hours on my MP server with no issues. Keep in mind that if you are wanting to advance at a similar rate as other players, this will take you logging more hours. As long as you are okay with slow progression, than MP may be the right choice for you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.