Brick by Brick [old] [moved to darkage modpack]

Stroam

I got tired of having so many different mods adding building stuff and then multiple mods needing the same tools so I combined them all into one large building mode. I welcome you to Brick by Brick!

This mod adds a number of building materials. Grants access to some vanilla building materials only available in creative mode. Also includes smithing recipe for the chisel. Search the thread for the latest updates.

1.8.6-BrickByBrick.zip

1.7.3-BrickByBrick.zip

1.6.7-BrickByBrick.zip

BrickbyBrick(1.0.0).thumb.png.3512ad109a07572bc98ad63e91f13da9.png

If any recipes say something generic like sand, it means any sand can be used.

Special thanks to:

• Milo for helping out with the lamppost code.
  • Novocain for doing various art such as the roman roads.
  • Tyron for advice and creating such a wonderful game.
Edited by Stroam
update
  • Like 8

There's a few things on my TODO list for primitive construction.

• Different textures for stacked stone for every stone type
  • Get rammed earth out of the crafting grid by getting a ramming tool to squish dirt together
  • better textures on wicker block
  • Different textures for adobe for each sand type

I would like users of the mod to please post on what they would like to see implemented first or stuff they'd like to see added to primitive construction. Thanks

In the recipes you give, maybe also give the output?  If they're all 1, then cob seems pretty expensive (for the stone age) at 12 sticks.  Sticks aren't near as fast to get in the stone age as they are after shears.

I think a wicker fence would be cool.  Pretty expensive for sticks again, in the stoneage, (though at least attainable) but I'd see it more as an aesthetic choice than practical.

Also a tall wicker basket chest, so they're not all short ones?

Edited by redram

Fill the Gaps

*Update*
-vanilla bamboo planks recipe now makes a new type of bamboo planks that behaves like logs in that the top of the planks always points towards you. Didn't do the same with slabs.
-vanilla stone path recipe now makes a new type of stone path that when placed on top of each other produces slabs with the same speed bonus
-vanilla ladder recipe now makes a new ladder type that doesn't pancake you and if you look down at the very top of a ladder, sneak, and right click with an empty hand it'll place the bottom most ladder in your inventory. Great for mining.

-disabled recipes for: 
all plank corners 
all polished stone 
allstone brick 
all raw stone

-added grid recipes for: 
polishing stone - stone over sand
quartz block - quicklime surrounded by 8 quartz ore.

-added knapping recipe:
stone chisel

added new items:
polishing stone - get real close and hold right click on rock to polish it.
stone chisel - If you are holding a stone chisel and have a hammer in your hotbar, by right clicking on raw stone it'll turn it into stone brick. On quartz blocks it makes ornate and column quartz blocks.

note: All pre-existing blocks will remain. Meaning old roads, ladders, and bamboo planks won't have the new feature but also won't turn into ?'s

Edited by Stroam
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, copygirl said:

Thanks for the update. Two issues I noticed:

• The chisel doesn't appear to be craftable.
  • Breaking a "half" path blocks drops the half block, but placing it will place a full block.

The chisel has to be made from non-flint stone. And yah I didn't override the drops for path slabs so I need to do that at some point. Thanks for the feedback.

*warning* chisel will consume hammer tool heads thinking they are hammers. Don't carry around hammer tool heads and chisel.

Edited by Stroam

I have been using the stone chisel extensively, and come to the conclusion that the durability usage for the hammer is a bit expensive. Is easy to destroy even an iron hammer when mining for resources. Could you please reduce it? Or remove it completely? After all we are already damaging the chisel itself. There is no need to damage the Hammer.

releasing an update to fill the gaps that makes polishing stones work more consistently and stops chisels from eating hammer heads. Also releasing a version of the roads mod. Some time down the road it'll get merged with lamp posts but not now. 

Getting errors with VS 1.5.5:

Lamp Post.:

Spoiler

4.6.2018 20:44:12 [Error] [LampPosts(1.0).zip] An exception was thrown when trying to load assembly:
System.Exception: Contains no .cs or .dll files
   at _laoFVIWmMesWzdQoxks1HFKWb9b._dbkS7t0hdPoFBaTJc5vSvm5nu3f(_YNngeriaH8LNbehRHTcHRRNQX43b , _MttHEqswsr0dfV2DAqIj6ryYz1A )
4.6.2018 20:44:12 [Error] [LampPosts(1.0).zip] An exception was thrown trying to to load the ModInfo:
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: element
   at System.Attribute.GetCustomAttributes(Assembly element, Type attributeType, Boolean inherit)
   at System.Attribute.GetCustomAttribute(Assembly element, Type attributeType, Boolean inherit)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttributeExtensions.GetCustomAttribute[T](Assembly element)
   at _laoFVIWmMesWzdQoxks1HFKWb9b._MdaAUcSVl0fK39hfUGAmxgNLsuP(Assembly , EnumAppSide )
   at _laoFVIWmMesWzdQoxks1HFKWb9b._rsLzkgnt77WwVw5J4hXtysCjlHE(_YNngeriaH8LNbehRHTcHRRNQX43b , _MttHEqswsr0dfV2DAqIj6ryYz1A , EnumAppSide )

Primitive Construction:

Spoiler

4.6.2018 20:52:52 [Error] [PrimitiveConstruction(2.0).zip] An exception was thrown when trying to load assembly:
   at _laoFVIWmMesWzdQoxks1HFKWb9b._dbkS7t0hdPoFBaTJc5vSvm5nu3f(_YNngeriaH8LNbehRHTcHRRNQX43b , _MttHEqswsr0dfV2DAqIj6ryYz1A )
4.6.2018 20:52:52 [Error] [PrimitiveConstruction(2.0).zip] An exception was thrown trying to to load the ModInfo:
   at System.Attribute.GetCustomAttributes(Assembly element, Type attributeType, Boolean inherit)
   at System.Attribute.GetCustomAttribute(Assembly element, Type attributeType, Boolean inherit)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttributeExtensions.GetCustomAttribute[T](Assembly element)
   at _laoFVIWmMesWzdQoxks1HFKWb9b._MdaAUcSVl0fK39hfUGAmxgNLsuP(Assembly , EnumAppSide )
   at _laoFVIWmMesWzdQoxks1HFKWb9b._rsLzkgnt77WwVw5J4hXtysCjlHE(_YNngeriaH8LNbehRHTcHRRNQX43b , _MttHEqswsr0dfV2DAqIj6ryYz1A , EnumAppSide )

Roads:

Spoiler

4.6.2018 20:55:51 [Error] [Roads.zip] An exception was thrown when trying to load assembly:
4.6.2018 20:55:51 [Error] [Roads.zip] An exception was thrown trying to to load the ModInfo:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.