• New Chopped Mushroom item
  • Cooked mushrooms added
  • Old chopped mushroom models reworked
  • Cattail Roots oven display fixed
  • Sausage meal names refined
  • Spiles renamed
  • Handbook fixed to mention pre-gelatin, not liquid gelatin
8 hours ago, ahouva said:

hi ^^ has anyone figured out how to speed up spilne resin flow?

What do you mean by speed it up? You can change the parameters under expandedfoods/patches/log.json.

• Like 1

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.5.3-pre.11
On 5/26/2022 at 2:01 PM, l33tmaan said:
  • What are the limits of modularity you would accept? Is what I described up above enough for you? Already too much? Do you think 'EF - Core' is too vague and there should be a mod for each tool? What about an 'EF - Primitive Survival' mod and an 'EF - Wildcraft' mod? Note: "Whatever level of modularity you (l33tmaan) want" is a cop-out answer. What do YOU want?
  • How much would this change if the game automatically detected you had something like 'EF - Primitive Survival' downloaded and automatically got the dependencies without you having to go to the ModDB?
  • What parts of EF do you typically use in your playthroughs? Why?

1. To me, I'd assume "core" contains base tools as well as the bare minimum needed to give that "EF feel" - which to me would be things that are "one step away" from vanilla. Things like seed oils, expanded oven recipes, fruit drying, meat preservation, salt making. Basically ways to make your vanilla food production go just a little bit further. Then an "expanded" or "advanced" for the whole array of advanced meals: dumplings, pasta, soups, stews, au gratin... especially anything that might require a more sophisticated basegame setup involving dairy, cheese or eggs (since you at the very least need a saw for all of that). I do appreciate that splitting it up this way makes mod compatibility significantly harder.

I say all of that, but a split between "core" (containing the tools) and maybe "vanilla recipes"/"Primitive Survival"/"Wild Farming" etc. for recipes and so on also makes perfect sense to me.

2. It'd be a help for me personally.

3. Salt production, seed oil, hardtack, expanded soybean uses (still hoping for tofu! I make it at home and it's shockingly similar to fresh cheese making!), fruit and meat preservation.

Edited by veerserif
got the name of a mod wrong
  • Like 1

I think having a core mod makes sense, to include the tools and the basic meal tweaks. 

I would guess that if you were to break it out then you would go with food types - you'd have extended meats, extended veggies, extended breads, and extended dairy?  The extended versions would have better preservation methods and more recipes.  Wild farming might have to have its own add on, like extended spices.  Someone might write an extended medicine add on as well, much like Mr1k3 did for better poultice.  

I use most of EF.  The exceptions are tree saps and the dairy items as milk always takes me awhile to build up. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Yup, any of those will work. Increase driptime to make the system check for dripchance more often, or increase dripcount to make it spit out more liquid when the chance procs.

thank you for the information ^^, and it will be necessary to destroy all the trees or the new values will be automatically applied?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ahouva said:

thank you for the information ^^, and it will be necessary to destroy all the trees or the new values will be automatically applied?

That's a good question! I have no idea. It's an attribute, so I think it just applies the new values? I've never tried, though.

So I noticed something odd with the pastas. If I creative mode in some raw pasta it seems to work fine, but if I make the pasta it doesn't seem to want to work for showing hot pasta (it does cook though, just no UI text confirming its a valid meal).

(on an unrelated note, the tea bug we had before went away when we updated from .10 to .11 so yay)

2022-06-02_18-10-57.png

2022-06-02_18-12-32.png

Edited by Amigurumi
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 5:16 PM, Amigurumi said:

So I noticed something odd with the pastas. If I creative mode in some raw pasta it seems to work fine, but if I make the pasta it doesn't seem to want to work for showing hot pasta (it does cook though, just no UI text confirming its a valid meal).

(on an unrelated note, the tea bug we had before went away when we updated from .10 to .11 so yay)

2022-06-02_18-10-57.png

2022-06-02_18-12-32.png

So it still COOKS the meal in both of those images?

1 hour ago, l33tmaan said:

No? What are you cooking?

I'm still trying to figure out what ingredients are for sure doing it but so far I have several examples of fish nugget stew, and soup, and some bushmeat nugget stew. Making meals with wild mushrooms and blueberries besides that.

9 hours ago, Moonmonk said:

I'm still trying to figure out what ingredients are for sure doing it but so far I have several examples of fish nugget stew, and soup, and some bushmeat nugget stew. Making meals with wild mushrooms and blueberries besides that.

Those sound like vanilla meals to me, just with EF items in them. I don't think it should be doing that, but I should actually play the game once in a while to find out.

Hiya, a friend of mine is having major trouble with the resin extraction mechanic, and I see this is a fairly common problem on looking through some of the pages here? As of the latest release, could someone please explain the workflow for resin from collection to finalized nugget? Atm they're stuck with resin in bowls and a bucket and can't find a way to extract it.

21 hours ago, MSwampcroft said:

Hiya, a friend of mine is having major trouble with the resin extraction mechanic, and I see this is a fairly common problem on looking through some of the pages here? As of the latest release, could someone please explain the workflow for resin from collection to finalized nugget? Atm they're stuck with resin in bowls and a bucket and can't find a way to extract it.

Easiest way to do it - dump it into a mixing bowl's slots. Those have no problem accepting liquids OR solids, unlike other inventory slots.

7 hours ago, Yvette Forty said:

I can not get soft dough to work. I have pheasant eggs and no chickens. I would love to be able to use the pheasant eggs.

It's on my list.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.