WillOfStone

That One Game

The one that got you hooked.  Where you would play it for hours and would think about it even when you weren't playing it. 

Dungeons and Dragons was the one for me back in '79.   The base was snowed in and we were stuck in the barracks, and somebody broke out the dice and books and 14 hours later 3/4 of our characters were dead, but we didn't care.  :)

What was yours? 

Risk. It was the best for us at the time. the early 80s. We would always spend the whole night playing it. Them I got married, had kids and taught my kids to play it. they all loved the game at some time.

• Like 1

Warcraft 3. I'm still waiting for some of the custom maps from that game to make their way into standalones like League of Legends.

• Like 3

Clonk. A small obscure game mostly played by german players. The very first version was made in 1994, I got to know it only 5 years later. It was like terraria,  with blocks the size of single screen pixels, and more sandbox-y / multiplayer oriented, no boss mobs or anything. It's the game with which I learned programming.

• Like 1

Too many. First Operation Nuptune, Donky kong, Jame bond Goldeneye, pokemon, zeld: Ocarina of time, Final Fantasy 7, Dune, Age of Empires, DnD, WoW, disgea 3, Demon souls, Go, LoL, Minecraft, Minecraft Blood n Bones modpack, Minecraft TFC, now Vintage Story. To think of what I could I could have mastered if I spent all that time on other things... Yep, I'm addicted, it's a problem, I'm working on it, I don't need your concern or advice, I get it, leave me alone already, I can handle it myself, GO AWAY.

• Like 1

Oh man, Risk.  Games would go on for days.  9_9

I loved the original Warcraft strategy games.  A shame they didn't continue those.

@Stroam  I see games as sports for the brain.  You're like a professional athlete, in your mind. ;)

Computergames: Knights and Merchants

That game.. oh... I locked myself in my room when was a kid to play this for days on end during holidays.

Non computergames: Dungeons and Dragons. Gather up a load of friends, get some snakcs, fizzy drinks an a have a wild imagination. Succes guaranteed! 

• Like 1

For hours and think when not playing - probably Minecraft/TFC only. Because you can think about builds when not playing, like now for VS.

Addictive - sadly after so many games just can't remember, despite vaguely feel there were some. From recent addictive games - Creeper World 2,3; Particle Fleet.

Supreme Commander.

Planetside 2.

• Like 1

Grim Dawn, Falout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Garry's Mod,  many various Dragon Quest games, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X2, and I guess Final Fantasy 8 as well. More games than that, but I can't list them all.