XLib and XSkills

Xandu

On 7/23/2021 at 11:21 PM, Lisabet said:

xandu, would you be willing to rename your bits to something else? shards maybe? your 21:1 ratio bleeds over to the vanilla bits (chisel on ingot) and you still get 20 from that but can't recreate the ingot because it requires 21 if xlibs/xskills is on the server

or honestly, please go to the 20:1 ratio used by everyone else? (or make a config file where I can change it myself to 20:1)

I love xskills/xlibs but that ratio will eventually make me just stop using the mod out of frustration

This issue has nothing to do with the naming. This is easy to fix.

But at the moment i have a quite other problem.I am quite frustrated about the fact that this 'chisel smelted items into small bits' feature added a bunch of new 'resmeltable' which is quite frustrating because it turns eveything in the metalworking skill into an infintite metal loop i wanted to ptohibited at all costs. And the moment i really don't know how i should balance this without reworking or removing the whole skill tree.

10 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

Is it possible to check if an item has been resmelted before and apply an XP penalty to that?

It isn't jus the xp. There are abilities that allow you to get more stuff from smithing or you need less meterial. If you can resmelt every thing in one ingot but you need less than an ingot to produce it trough abilities you can hust create infinite amounts of ingots.

The metalworking skill tree would be good even without reduced costs, duplication chances and metal bits; it's one of the most popular skill trees as it is. Reducing the number of really powerful abilities would make it on par with other skills, I would say.

hi @Xandu,

with server and client version 1.5.2, got a client crash when mouse-pointer focusing the oven.

Version: v1.15.2 (Stable)25.07.2021 10:19:02: Critical error occurred
System.TypeLoadException: Der Typ "Vintagestory.GameContent.BakingProperties" in der Assembly "VSSurvivalMod, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" konnte nicht geladen werden.
   bei XSkills.BlockEntityOvenPatch.GetBlockInfoPostfix(BlockEntity __instance, InventoryOven ___ovenInv, OvenItemData[] ___bakingData, Single ___fuelBurnTime, IPlayer forPlayer, StringBuilder sb)
   bei Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityOven.GetBlockInfo_Patch1(BlockEntityOven this, IPlayer forPlayer, StringBuilder sb)
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.Block.GetPlacedBlockInfo(IWorldAccessor world, BlockPos pos, IPlayer forPlayer)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.HudElementBlockAndEntityInfo.ComposeBlockInfoHud()
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.HudElementBlockAndEntityInfo.BlockInView()
   bei Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime)

Same crash appears when have no skills or full skilled cooking.
Game 1.5.2
xSkill v 0.6.0-pre7

running with Game 1.5.1 ... seems an API has a change :)

Edited by Rhonen

20 hours ago, Hexedian said:

The metalworking skill tree would be good even without reduced costs, duplication chances and metal bits; it's one of the most popular skill trees as it is. Reducing the number of really powerful abilities would make it on par with other skills, I would say.

this; and at least fixing whatever makes the vanilla ingots to bits ratio broken.  personally I like using the heating hits and the one much later on with heavy hits moving 2-4 cubes (for platemaking) I only used the deconstruct locusts in one game quite some time ago and never since.  removing the skills that let you do more with less material or duplicate works would make it less op without hurting the useful skills.

Crash to desktop occurs when:

• Placing down both a baked and unbaked clay oven,
  • mousing over an oven crashes game (applies to both baked and unbaked ovens)
  • forming one out of clay (clay forming works completely fine right up until the final voxel is placed) causes a crash to desktop.

Disabled xskills and tried the above three conditions again and no crashes occured.

Spoiler

Version: v1.15.2 (Stable)7/27/2021 3:58:52 PM: Critical error occurred
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Vintagestory.GameContent.BakingProperties' from assembly 'VSSurvivalMod, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   at XSkills.BlockEntityOvenPatch.GetBlockInfoPostfix(BlockEntity __instance, InventoryOven ___ovenInv, OvenItemData[] ___bakingData, Single ___fuelBurnTime, IPlayer forPlayer, StringBuilder sb)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityOven.GetBlockInfo_Patch1(BlockEntityOven this, IPlayer forPlayer, StringBuilder sb)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Block.GetPlacedBlockInfo(IWorldAccessor world, BlockPos pos, IPlayer forPlayer)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.HudElementBlockAndEntityInfo.ComposeBlockInfoHud()
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.HudElementBlockAndEntityInfo.BlockInView()
   at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime)
   at _jQChpcdOvMqCssQNiA8vG9MoWGH._e6HZqc3hFS5mvyeDRtsYv21lJsc(Single )
   at _eJCiYuww7mZPzQbnKfiEtnI4MDD._EthRnPRd1tbvpv8nkAwvMnUFZzD(Single )
   at _eJCiYuww7mZPzQbnKfiEtnI4MDD._B2re7Q8SHFC6kaTk8kmsYrPVaKB(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _DlY2IRaBbEwZdipnKtrb40WUzTZ._kVFD8SxIojOmGrxNtThdBHagQeh(_7hnpozI2lFsAA8Wa5CIiUgRAbXjA , String[] )
   at _gCIDaxCwdS0mkZub2rV5ATdV3hOA._kVFD8SxIojOmGrxNtThdBHagQeh(ThreadStart )
------------------------------

6 hours ago, Lisabet said:

baked/unbaked clay oven? once I crafted one of the ovens I didn't need to bake it to use it...not sure if I'm just being confused by your terminology 

Ahh, see that's what confused me. Didn't realize the ovens were ready right away after the clay forming state because of the crash to desktop bug 🤣. But yeah, either way, ovens as is on 0.6.0-pre.7 doesn't seem to be cooperating with ovens at all

Edited by DDoip
meant pre.7, not pre.6

On 7/28/2021 at 1:43 AM, Lisabet said:

confused terminology or not, I tried making an oven with v0.6.0-pre.6 and crashed to desktop on the last part as well

xskillsovencrash.txt 4.75 kB · 8 downloads

we have the same problems, looking to a oven crash the client to desktop. We are waiting for an update 😔

Edited by DasPrinzip

3 hours ago, Hexedian said:

You get 1 specialization by default (They're the abilities that give +40% experience), all rounder lets you take a second one.

But how do I pick the second one is what I'm asking. So it's not the same as picking Hunter or Clockmaker etc? I'm just trying to have my server not have class restrictions so everyone can make all bows and repair kits etc.

Edited by Fish Pit

5 hours ago, Brent Strickland said:

I don't know how many bugs you have related to the clay oven in 1.15. But earlier i created it in 1.15.3 and my game crashed when i placed the last voxel. I was able to finish it by turning off x-skills and x-leveling.

Here's the crash report if you need it:

https://pastebin.com/KP8PK14i

It's just one bug that seems to be caused by an api change in the base game between the versions 1.15.1 and 1.15.2.

Sorry that it took so long but i was quite busy with other stuff. I uploaded a patch that should fix the oven crash. Additionally it took me some time to figure out what was going on since i was not able to reproduce the crash. To make it short my testing environment automatically compiled the mod what was enough to fix the crash. So i don't have to change my code at all for this. I assume the issue was caused by an api change in the base game between the game versions 1.15.1 and 1.15.2. 🤷‍♂️ I also made some changes to the metalworking skill that hopefully makes @Lisabet happy. 😄

Features:
    -Added 'useVanillaBits' to the metalworking skill configuration which is by default 'true'.
        -Decides whether the base game metal bits or the xskills metal bits should be used.
        -Additionally adds recipes to convert xskills metal bits into vanilla metal bits.
    -Added 'bitsForIngot' to the metalworking skill configuration which is by default 21.
        -This is the number of xskills metal bits you need to make one ingot.
    -Added 'chiselRecipesRatio' to the metalworking skill configuration which is by default '0.5f'.
        -It changes some recipes to break down forged metal items into bits for balancing reasons. It configures how many bits of the default value you will get from the recipes.

-fixed: you no longer need 21 vanilla metal bits to create one ingot
-fixed: cooking salt will no longer crash the game
-fixed: the game should no longer crash from ovens

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

that makes me very much happy ❤️ I'd come to accept the 21 for the most part, until it bled into the vanilla bits :P and I'll admit I've missed playing with xskills :) 

*edit* doesn't the xlib version need to match the xskills version? just making sure, I only see the 0.6.0 pre6 for xlib

Edited by Lisabet

10 hours ago, Lisabet said:

that makes me very much happy ❤️ I'd come to accept the 21 for the most part, until it bled into the vanilla bits :P and I'll admit I've missed playing with xskills :) 

*edit* doesn't the xlib version need to match the xskills version? just making sure, I only see the 0.6.0 pre6 for xlib

I usually do this for practical reasons but it is not necessary. Usually it's just fine to use the newest version of both.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.