Simple HUD Clock

Rhonen

I had to delete `hudclock.timedialog.json` out of `vintagestorydata/modconfig/` to make this work with 1.16.  I was upgrading from Vintage Story 1.13 and mod version 2.20 I think. I didn't see this posted anywhere but I also didn't read the entire thread. Thought I'd post this here in case it helps anyone else.

Edited by Fizel

3 hours ago, Fizel said:

I had to delete `hudclock.timedialog.json` out of `vintagestorydata/modconfig/` to make this work with 1.16.  I was upgrading from Vintage Story 1.13 and mod version 2.20 I think. I didn't see this posted anywhere but I also didn't read the entire thread. Thought I'd post this here in case it helps anyone else.

Pretty common. Mark of what I consider to be a good mod -- that it does not replace your settings with the new default setting when you update. Fills in the values for the stuff you don't have assigned, but works the same way it used to until you actively go in to change settings.

Yes, if you want to start from scratch, delete everything in modconfig and let the mods regenerate their new defaults. Sometimes it's the only real way of deciding whether its some incompatibility or whatever. Though you might want to save a backup...

• 1 month later...

Hi ! If I understand correctly, when you select "approaches" for the storms, the UI is just shown when a storm is coming ? Because for me the "storm approaches" is always shown, but without any timer.

Edit : whoops, nvm, it seems it was because I tested the mod in exploration, not in survival, sorry !

Edited by Nicodemus

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I love this mod.

Absolutely fantastic. This should be brought into base game, it is that good.

I have a feature request. Could a "real clock" be an option to add to the display?

Something that shows you the "real world" time (from your own system), so that you can keep track of the real world time while in-game in full-screen.

I have this in other games (eg Star Trek Online), and it is a very helpful feature. It is so easy to lose track of time in games!

Thanks.

image.png.54f679fac853e4bec025e27215f3bbf5.png 

(Put in whatever font and position you wish - screenshot is to show the concept)

Edited by Professor Dragon
  • Like 2

On 7/13/2022 at 4:28 PM, Professor Dragon said:

I have a feature request. Could a "real clock" be an option to add to the display?

For now there are no plans for that. currently i wait until the first stable to check api changes etc.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, can You fix seasons ranges? At mod winter and other seasons starts one month later, its confusing a lot.

Winter – December, January and February.
Spring – March, April and May.
Summer – June, July and August.
Autumn – September, October and November.

On 7/30/2022 at 8:04 AM, ilm said:

Hi, can You fix seasons ranges? At mod winter and other seasons starts one month later, its confusing a lot.

Winter – December, January and February.
Spring – March, April and May.
Summer – June, July and August.
Autumn – September, October and November.

I'm getting this as well, time and date are fine, along with upcoming storm warnings, just seasons seem to be affected

edit-spelling

Edited by NovaStar13

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2020 at 10:33 PM, Rhonen said:

Version 2.6.0

grafik.png.51d8886d4153e390af0de39ce0892495.png

Shows a simple HUD Clock in the left upper corner with the current ingame time.

• Client side only
  • Hotkeys available
    grafik.png.6957d4da422a97870113be9e68821c96.png

• Customize what you want to see
    grafik.png.44920bb72d320310b76d9cfa74331e1a.png

• all mod relevant data is saved in vintagestorydata/modconfig/hudclock
  • showing claim area you entered (requires server mod)
    claimifno.jpg.00ca42caf17f8f2bff99277c3d985e6b.jpg

Have fun with it.

MOD Download

[if you like my mods, with a donation you can support me and my work]

pp.jpg.770b523a29077b73a3b47bd2df492286.jpg

this mod making crash in my game my version is 1.17.pre5 i need this mod but i cant play with this mod please fix mod

On 8/17/2022 at 9:12 PM, Ferhat Tayyip Erdoğan said:

crash in my game my version is 1.17.pre5

There where many API changes / reworks / removes. so currently i am low on time to fix all problems - but its not lost :)

so, stay tuned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seconding that although I only just started recently, I find this mode a big quality of life improvement for playing the game. I play in short bursts a lot so it's great to not have to keep checking the C panel to remember what time of day it was when I left off etc. I kind of find myself not wanting to play now haha, especially as I'm playing through my very first winter and it'd be so easy to freeze to death or get stuck out in the dark without the reminder of the time of day.

3 hours ago, Trowzers said:

I kind of find myself not wanting to play now haha, especially as I'm playing through my very first winter and it'd be so easy to freeze to death or get stuck out in the dark without the reminder of the time of day.

Isn't that what the sun is for?

4 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

Isn't that what the sun is for?

Not if you're inside/underground, or have your base next to a honking great big sandstone/bauxite column where you can't see the sun for most of the day unless you jog a few hills away.

But yeah, it's much easier to keep track if you can play through a whole day at a time, but I'm frequently interrupted when playing (and in the middle of moving house) so it's far more practical to be able to glance in the top corner and go, 'Oh yeah, I'm halfway through exploring this cave and I've got a few hours to finish and get home before I freeze to death because the leather for my coat is still curing."

Edited by Trowzers
  • Sad 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.