QOL Tweaks- Better Archery, Backpacks, Poultice and more!

Mr1k3

These mods are simple quality of life tweaks to some parts of the game that I thought could use some tweaks, each tweak comes in its own zip so you can only install the individual mods that you want.

Heres my patreon if you'd like to support me: Patreon

Better Archery:

Spoiler

Description:

Increases base bow durability from 200 to 640 (Affected by "Tool Durability" setting on world creation, increases arrow damage, and drastically reduces arrow break chance.

In addition to the base +3 bow attack damage arrows now all give increased damage (even flint), also decreases break chance with lower chances the better the arrow.

• Flint Arrow- +0.5 Damage, 25% Break Chance.
  • Copper Arrow- +1.0 Damage, 15% Break Chance.
  • Tin Bronze Arrow- +2.0 Damage, 5% Break Chance.
  • Bismuth Bronze Arrow- +2.5 Damage, 3% Break Chance.
  • Black Bronze Arrow- +3.0 Damage, 1% Break Chance.
  • Gold/Silver Arrow- +3.0 Damage, 25% Break Chance.
  • Iron Arrow- +4.0 Damage, 0.8% Break Chance.
  • 1.14 UPDATED

Better Backpacks(and optional increased backpack cost add-on):

Spoiler

Description:

Increases the amount of slots in all backpacks, tries to make each backpack upgrade feel like an upgrade.

• Hand Basket- Now has 4 slots instead of 3.
  • Hunter Backpack- Now has 6 slots Instead of 4.
  • Linen Sack- Now has 8 slots instead of 5.
  • Backpack- Now has 12 slots instead of 6.
  • Mining Bag- Now has a whopping 18 slots instead of 10.
  • Increases the backpack cost to fit more appropriately in this re-balance by changing the recipe to:

backpack.png.2443efd4cf1ac0fecd2d2710a26a462f.png (was just 8 leather, now its 16 leather and is gated behind the iron age.)

!!NOTE: BACKPACKS THAT ALREADY ARE CREATED WILL NOT UPDATE TO REFLECT THEIR NEW STORAGE CAPACITY, YOU WILL NEED TO DELETE AND REMAKE/SPAWN IN REPLACEMENTS ON EXISTING SAVE FILES. NOTE THAT THE REVERSE IS TRUE WHEN TRYING TO REMOVE THE MOD FROM A WORLD!! (The nice thing about this is your backpacks should keep their size even without the mod/ and after updates.)

Better Poultice:

Spoiler

Description:

Increases Poultice Healing by double. Meant for high health setting characters.

• Reed Horsetail- +2 to +4
  • Linen Horsetail- +4 to +8
  • Reed Honey-Sulfur- +4 to +6
  • Linen Honey-Sulfur- +7 to +12

Faster Barrel:

Spoiler

Description:

Tired of waiting forever for your barrel to finish making whatever you want?

This mod decreases processing times down to a maximum of 24 hours from around 480 hours.

Reduces the usage, and increases the production of liquid ingredients so your sea shell powered leather plant can actually run.

Speaking of leather this mod also increases the amount of leather you get from each hide and only takes a 8 hours to make strong/regular tannin as well as 8-14 hours to process each leather step, you can cut 2 hours off if you use borax instead of limewater in the first step.

Leather outputs are as such:

• Small hides give 2 leather instead of 1 leather and consume 1 litre of fluid each step.
  • Medium hides give 3 instead of 2 leather, and consume 2 litres of fluid each step.
  • Large Hides Give 5 instead of 4 leather, and consume 3 litres of fluid each step.
  • Huge Hides Give 8 instead of 5 leather, and consume 4 litres of fluid each step.

Full-Drop:

Spoiler

Makes the bloomery drop all the fire brick used to make it (12), and makes skeps drop empty skeps when they are broken.

Also adds beeswax to the drops from a harvestable skep, after all not all comb is honey in a hive. You get around 0-2, average of 1 per harvest.

Also adds a potential 2 more honey combs to skep drops, increased average of 3 to average of 4, and you can get anywhere from 3-5 combs from a skep now, not just a flat 3.

Craftables:

Spoiler

Adds some recipes for some previously un-craftable blocks and items, currently it adds recipes for these items (plus wild beehives):

craftz.png.9b0a2c8c84eb0935231153a9cdbb3a49.png

• Sticks! Can be made from a saw on boards for 2, knife on firewood for 1, or bamboo stakes with a knife for 3
  • All stone blocks can be made with 8 stones and a mortar, gives you 2 stone blocks
  • Resin, takes 1 pine log and some knife durability for 1 resin
  • Beehive blocks, you wont get back as many resources as you used to craft it if you break it, but it is a nice seed for bee farms
  • Vintage beef, lasts forever but needs honey and a year in a barrel to create, ratio is 1 L honey to 8 cooked red meat, takes 36 days, or a year of aging
  • Torch holder recipe was changed to use a plate and an ingot for 2 instead of 2 plates, also added aged torch holder recipe
  • Leather block
  • All quartz blocks, recipes can use clear quarts for more blocks

NoMolding:

Spoiler

Allows the creation of all raw clay molds from grid recipes instead of just the molding minigame. I got tired of having to make storage vessels so this was my solution. The tool molds require grass spacers in the shape of the tool your trying to make, all other recipes are just different clay shapes.

NOTE: This does not disable clay forming just adds new recipes.

Pictures:

Images not up to date, cant upload any more images :/ new images available on the modDB

efs.png.ddd2e529c0835f308b9132a7fbaa5fc8.pngdwvc.png.4bdaecab34b6c9deb8a37c582267e508.pngfec.png.1512dc9fba074abc8af7fb6a6b9a3e2c.png

Stackables:

Spoiler

Increases stack sizes for a lot of items, and makes some items stackable. Note that crucibles and clay pots cannot stack due to the stack getting deleted if you try to cook something in them, but you wont need many of these items anyways.

Some notable changes:

• All toolheads are stackable.
  • Almost all clay items, raw and cooked can be stacked to some degree.
  • lots of resources have had their stack size increased from 64 to 128, eg: stone pebbles, quartz.
  • Several unstackable items like the bloomery and temporal gears are now stackable.
  • Wood logs can stack to 32, firewood stacks to 64.
  • Sticks, and seeds stack to 128.
  • Nuggets stack to 256.
  • Most items like leather hides, ingots, and forging ingredients have doubled stack sizes.
  • Crocks are now stackable, as long as the food inside them is the same they will stack when filled.
  • Meals in bowls stack to 16 instead of 4.

Images(Not all changes are shown here):

dsacv.png.12958d5e092f61a225122bf37a621dd5.pngsa4.png.9f6349d59d6f3ef4c85c0888e4ddc91f.pngbb4455.png.a48036be30846b6cded5c0471c35c41d.pngdasfvv.png.1ea8a2cb150362851ed6a0e41ce2cdda.png

1.0.2 Update: (shown are some but not all new tweaks to existing stack sizes and increased stack size of some new items)

updated.png.adfbc7dd95da687d7774bb5d2f7f20f8.png

Useful-Scrap:

Spoiler

Lets you smelt down scrap/parts to steel/iron.

Iron ingots need 2 scrap to one charcoal.

steel ingots not require 4 parts and one charcoal.

1.13 only outputs iron.

1.14 can get steel or iron.

Original Post for images/more info

MushroomMod:

Spoiler

This mod simply reverts the changes to mushroom spawning made in 1.14 to what it was in 1.13. In 1.14 mushrooms were changed to only spawn in a harvested state and you must return to a previously generated area to harvest those mushrooms, this gets rid of that and now mushrooms will spawn in their unharvested state again.

shroom.thumb.png.59ceb9ed4d3784a404be706fe1b6eeae.png

OrePulverizer:

Spoiler

Tyron mentioned the idea of allowing the pulverizer to increase yield of ore and I was a bit dissapointed to see that it did not make the cut for the 1.14 release. So i decided to just make the quick addition myself so the pulverizer is a little more useful in my worlds.

This mod currently adds the ability for pulverizers to crush ores (non-crystalized currently) and doing so will output more nuggets than if you used a hammer in the crafting grid, the output is dependent on the ore type but you will get at least 1 extra nugget for all ores and up to 2 extra on some others. Ores also need the proper tier of cap on the pulverizer as well, for balance reasons you will need iron caps to pulverize iron ores.

ore.png.7d9cfc50975dd99188775dfd6e14ccc4.pngwdea.png.8fe234033a1c596f64d0f83877040f0f.png

Pulverized outputs show in ore descriptions, be aware that crystallized ores are not currently added to the pulverizer right now.

My other mods:

ArmorTweaks-[New armor stats]   BetterDrifters-[More loot, or difficulty]   SuperFuel-[High Heat fuel]   Creativables-[Creative rotor and TL in survival]

TemporalTinkerer-[Repairable tools, and tech]   WeaponPack-[New Weapons]   MoreClasses-[Better Classes]

Downloads:

Edited by Mr1k3
  • Like 9
  • Amazing! 2

Finally mods to balance the game properly, well done for the leather backpack upgrade! I don't mind if the recipe is more expensive (adding an ingot or two) but the upgrades were kinda silly. Some of us prefer a quicker progression, and as new things get added to the game play it will be much appreciated. This is not like in real life, were there is usually a village with specialized craftspeople and you can become a tanner or blacksmith or farmer and buy products from  (would be nice if the game goes in that direction)  if you have to do everything, and craft all things and explore as well you need this kinda balance.

On 10/4/2020 at 12:10 PM, Bladimiro Herrero said:

Finally mods to balance the game properly, well done for the leather backpack upgrade! I don't mind if the recipe is more expensive (adding an ingot or two) but the upgrades were kinda silly. Some of us prefer a quicker progression, and as new things get added to the game play it will be much appreciated. This is not like in real life, were there is usually a village with specialized craftspeople and you can become a tanner or blacksmith or farmer and buy products from  (would be nice if the game goes in that direction)  if you have to do everything, and craft all things and explore as well you need this kinda balance.

Thanks! Yeah I already had plans to increase the backpack cost, thought the original was too cheap, even in vanilla. But since I finally got the mod to work I've uploaded an add-on to change the recipe.

• Like 1

New mod: "Full-Drop", makes the bloomery drop all of the bricks used to make it, so no more violation of the law conservation of mass!

Skeps have had their drops tweaked so now you always get the entire skep back when you break it, and now you can get 3-5 honey combs and 0-2 bees wax instead of a flat 3 honey combs.

I think the reason that all the fire bricks don't always drop is because they can crack while the metal is firing, from slag sticking to them and shattering them. But this is nice for at least ensuring that the chimney, which shouldn't really have that issue, drops all its bricks. Does it work in 1.13.4?

Edited by Travis Pluid

10 minutes ago, Travis Pluid said:

I think the reason that all the fire bricks don't always drop is because they can crack while the metal is firing, from slag sticking to them and shattering them. But this is nice for at least ensuring that the chimney, which shouldn't really have that issue, drops all its bricks. Does it work in 1.13.4?

Yes, all the mods were made in 1.13.4 so they will all work in that version, its 1.14 that has spotty support for now, at least until its released.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Raul Beltran said:

I can't seem to get any of these to work for me, have made several worlds and the full drop and Full Drop, Better Backpack, Better Poultice don't seem to be making any changes. They are all in the correct mods folder, unzipped, and active in mod menu.

What version are you trying it on? You don't need to unzip mod to get them to work, but from my understanding they should still work unzipped. I would try using the .zip's first. If that does not work maybe you can try re-installing the game?

16 minutes ago, Mr1k3 said:

What version are you trying it on? You don't need to unzip mod to get them to work, but from my understanding they should still work unzipped. I would try using the .zip's first. If that does not work maybe you can try re-installing the game?

They are zipped, I think I will try a re-install as there are several mods that won't work, for no reason at all. Will update if re-install works or not.

Ok found the offending mod "Armor Overhaul", appears the mod was put up in April, so I am guessing it wasn't actually meant for 1.13. I left a message for the mod author in case he plans on updating the mod as it breaks many other mods right now on 1.13. Everything is all good now :) thank you for the mod.

Edited by Raul Beltran

• Mr1k3 changed the title to [1.13-1.14] QOL Tweaks- Better Archery, Backpacks, Poultice and more!

Added new mod: "Craftables".

This mod allows you to craft a bunch of stuff like sticks and echo chambers, allows the crafting of blasting powder from most coal items with a substitute of rot for sulfur, also adds uses for items like fly agarics and quartz.

1 hour ago, Mr1k3 said:

Added new mod: "Craftables".

This mod allows you to craft a bunch of stuff like sticks and echo chambers, allows the crafting of blasting powder from most coal items with a substitute of rot for sulfur, also adds uses for items like fly agarics and quartz.

Anyway you could add a config to disable the stick recipe?, as that is already provided by Lazy Warlocks Tweaks, but I really would love to have your other additions :)

Edited by Raul Beltran

5 minutes ago, Raul Beltran said:

Anyway you could add a config to disable the stick recipe?, as that is already provided by Lazy Warlocks Tweaks, but I really would love to have your other additions :)

They should work fine together, I gave the same output/recipe as that mod so they should not cause balance conflicts. I also added a recipe for sticks using bamboo in addition.

I see that now thank you, looks like he has one more than you though "A saw on Firewood for 4 sticks", though he does say saw on boards is the most efficient. :P  Also have an awesome addition you could add to the craftables pack, "leather combining" you can craft 4 small leather around a flax fiber to make 1 medium leather, craft 2 medium leather on each either side of a flax fiber to make 1 heavy(large) leather piece. ;)

Edited by Raul Beltran

5 hours ago, Kai Effelsberg said:

That iron backpack.. does it work without the use of the other mods like the changing of the other backpacks? We would like to use the iron backpack only in addition to the vanilla ones.

Yeah, it will work without the other mod. 

6 hours ago, Mr1k3 said:

Here we go again! Two more mods: "Stackables" and "NoMolding"

Stackables is a mod to increase stack sizes, and NoMolding is for bypassing the clay-forming mini-game I'm tired of doing.

Looks like some things aren't getting the extra stacking applied, mainly right now in my new game it isn't increase stacks for Pine & Maple logs, or firewood. not that far in, so not sure what else might not be working. Clay, sticks, and nuggets are working. Would be nice to see Dirt and Cattails included as well for larger stacks. Thanks for the new mod :)

Edited by Raul Beltran

4 minutes ago, Raul Beltran said:

Looks like some things aren't getting the extra stacking applied, mainly right now in my new game it isn't increase stacks for logs.

Logs have a stack size of 32, and some things have not had their stack size changed. Are logs only stacking to 16 for you? Also what version are you trying it on?

Edited by Mr1k3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.