Temporal Tinkerer is a mod that aims to implement bunch of gadgets and trinkets to extend out endgame content, while also providing some content to even the early-game. Currently, there are two technologies temporal and electric, both have their own quirks/costs but provide powerful items. Includes 3x3x2 mining, a super fast multi-tool, powerful armor cutting swords, new ruins, a couple sets of awesome armor, and overhauled hacked-locusts.

Heres my patreon if you'd like to support me: Patreon

header1.thumb.png.8669694d8fdc9201841a5233453d4fdf.png

General Mod Content Overview:

Spoiler

This mod currently adds:

• Six new ruins including a few variants.
  • Two new swords.
  • Two new multi-tools (pickaxe/shovel etc.).
  • Each version of tool has certain upsides and downsides compared to its counterpart.
  • A new lantern, and two new torches.
  • Many crafting components, both based off of electricity and temporal energies.
  • Repairable tools/armor!
  • Well balanced recipes and functions.
  • Locusts drop items uncommonly (farmable source of some mod crafting components and other vanilla items).
  • Two focused progression paths for each technology, eg: electricity as endgame completely craftable/ temporal stuff from exploration.
  • New junk piles for harvesting modded ingredients.
  • New grid recipes.
  • Several anvil-based recipes.
  • In-game descriptions to items for progression help, lore tidbits, and item explanations.
  • New sounds.
  • New trader
  • Schematic system
  • New utility and defense armor sets
  • Additional crafting perks for the clockmaker
  • New drop added to drifters
  • Handbook guide
  • Improved hacked locusts/ improved gameplay around obtaining them, now all classes have access to them
  • Compatibility tweaks with "backpackpack" mods
  • Compatability additions with CaveContent

Now introducing the new temporal armor sets! These armor sets are split into two categories- utility and combat. These armor sets, like the tools can be recharged with temporal power cells in the crafting grid, watch out however as they are not unbreakable- they will still get destroyed once the durability reaches 0 so try to repair them before they get too low.

The utility set provides:

• +75% movement speed on the boots but you use hunger 2x faster and they don't protect you very well
  • +50% faster ranged weapons and accuracy on the helmet but provides mediocre protection
  • The chest plate provides a new unique effect- reduced-hunger drain! While wearing this device you will drain hunger 50% slower, it has drawbacks though, the device is heavy, slows ranged weapons, and you only heal at 50% the rate with items when wearing it. It provides a tiny amount of protection.

The combat set provides:

• better protection values than even the strongest of metal armor sets, high protection tier. But they are vulnerable in PVP to the swords added in this mod because they deal massive damage to armor durability.
  • +20% movement speed and very high protection on the leggings, but 10% increased hunger rate
  • +15% ranged accuracy, high protection, but 10% slower move-speed/increased hunger rate on helmet
  • The chest plate generates an invisible force field around itself meaning that any attack targeting the chest slot (50% chance) will be completely negated, the armor also amplifies the effect of healing items. The item has fairly low durability though so be sure to frequently recharge it with cells or it will eventually break, items like the temporal sword can chip down the durability pretty quickly as a counter

New schematic/trading system:

• Now you can summon a trader hologram when using a trader summon item, this will spawn a tinkerer trader who can offer up parts and schematics you will need to craft any temporal equipment, save up those gears!
  • Schematics are used in the grid with ingredients and will never be consumed, so you can use them forever once purchased.

New stuff:

• The new schematic system introduces a complete overhaul to all the recipes for temporal equipment
  • Temporal essence is now the new power source for temporal items, you can obtain the essence from drifters or purchase it from tinkerers then use it to craft temporal power cells
  • Added recipe for the creative rotor using very late game components
  • New items like ancient plating can be obtained from junk piles, locusts and the tinkerer

Spoiler

New Armor:

header2.png.13bfa7154420141e696c6eb8d665a633.png

Recipes: (not up to date but still gives a good idea)

recipes2.png.f2929e3455c8675bab738a05a7da310d.pngrecipes1.png.4e8531dec9f23e5ecb0b0c9cdb47e022.pngrecipes3.png.59e62d65169d3ba95cc6d25aa0034954.png

New trader:

trader.png.c36938fc2c380f001036668af2f4e93b.png

Some Ruins:

ruin.thumb.png.3db343736c94d028077f70cb39416b05.png

ruinddd.thumb.png.47293f6a1b1027cd7c0381684a824a57.png

Feel free to- suggest anything, build off of the mod, or integrate these parts and pieces into your mods!

Installing the mod after you've already generated the world works just fine, but you will need to generate new chunks to find any new ruins.

Downloads:

https://mods.vintagestory.at/temporaltinkerer

Old Downloads:

Spoiler

(1.14) 2.2.3

TemporalTinkerer_v2.2.3.zip

(1.14) 2.2.2

TemporalTinkerer_v2.2.2.zip

(1.14) 2.2.1

TemporalTinkerer_v2.2.1.zip

(1.14) 2.2.0

TemporalTinkerer_v2.2.0.zip

(1.14) 2.1.0

Temporal-Torch Update.

Temporal Tinkerer_2.1.0.zip

(1.13) 1.2.0

TemporalTinkerer_v1.2.0.zip

(1.13) 1.1.0

Temporal-Torch Update.

Temporal Tinkerer_1.1.0.zip

(1.13) 1.0.1:

Cleaner lantern update, only has locust drops and the new lantern.

Useful-Locusts1.0.1.zip

(1.13) 1.0.0:

Initial release, has rendering issues with lantern.

Useful-Locusts1.0.0.zip

Edited by Mr1k3
  • Like 7
  • Cookie time 1

3 minutes ago, Bladimiro Herrero said:

This is a very nice surprise. . .perfect excuse to start another world with all the new goodies 😛

I should probably add that all the new content is compatible with existing worlds. So the update is a little more seamless.

• Like 1

• Mr1k3 changed the title to [1.13-1.14] Temporal Tinkerer. Temporal-Tools Update!
6 minutes ago, Balduranne said:

You should add a chainsaw tool!

Yeah I've definitely though about it while working on this, It would be nice to fell trees quickly and with a repairable tool. For now the mining gauntlet acts like a saw, so it cant fell trees but can mine wood very fast, that was more of a balance thing to not obsolesce axes.

1 hour ago, Bladimiro Herrero said:

I have already found two of the ruins in my world, very nice, lot's of detail and a decent loot table to reflect the rarity and difficulty of the find. would love for them to be bigger and full of traps. Well done and keep them coming, if there is one thing that is missing still from this world is things to discover! 

Yeah I have many, many ideas for "dungeons" or huge arenas, I'd want to have some sort of new enemy and new bosses to go along with it though, the worldedit structures system already supports the spawning of enemies, so that makes things easier. But I'll still need to develop interesting models for these entities, and figure out the ai/ animations for them, and that will take some time.

9 hours ago, Saraty said:

@Mr1k3 Oh my... I'm seriously impressed by the quality of those tools! Making cables so fluent is a lot of fine work. Blade with a rusty wire attached if my favourite. Well done! ❤️

Thanks! @Saraty Yeah the wires take some time, also making them look right took some work, probably the most extensive part of these models. Some parts are kind of rough, but these are like my first "real" voxel-based models. Only made one other model before these and I was just messing around with minecraft armor. So I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

• Like 1

We where as well using "Useful-Scrap". I disabled both, now it's working fine again. Main log does not show anything related to the mod anymore since the content gets deleted regularly by default and contains only stuff after uninstall of the mod. But i guess i just figured the problem. I was using the 2.2.0 version of the mod together with stable 1.13.4 - i guess i should have used version 1.2.0 instead.

55 minutes ago, Kai Effelsberg said:

We where as well using "Useful-Scrap". I disabled both, now it's working fine again. Main log does not show anything related to the mod anymore since the content gets deleted regularly by default and contains only stuff after uninstall of the mod. But i guess i just figured the problem. I was using the 2.2.0 version of the mod together with stable 1.13.4 - i guess i should have used version 1.2.0 instead.

Yeah that would be it, 1.14 changed some major anvil stuff, I'd expect the newer version to cause strange issues with 1.13.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for info: current 2.2.0 version of mod throws error in console on server version 1.14.rc3:

24.11.2020 13:53:31 [Error] [locustmod] Compiler errors during compilation:
24.11.2020 13:53:31 [Error] [locustmod]     src\drill.cs(24): "locustmod.src.DrillItem.OnBlockBrokenWith(Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldAccessor, Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity, Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemSlot, Vintagestory.API.Common.BlockSelection)": не найден метод, пригодный для переопределения [CS0115]
24.11.2020 13:53:31 [Error] [locustmod] An exception was thrown when trying to load assembly:
System.Exception: Could not compile from source files due to errors
   в Vintagestory.Common.ModCompilationContext.CompileFromFiles(ModContainer mod, IEnumerable`1 paths)
   в Vintagestory.Common.ModContainer.LoadAssembly(ModCompilationContext compilationContext, ModAssemblyLoader loader)
24.11.2020 13:53:31 [Warning] One or more source code mods failed to compile. Info to modders: In case you cannot find the problem, be aware that the game engine currently can only compile C# code until version 5.0. Any language features from C#6.0 or above will result in compile errors.

9 hours ago, Digitalr said:

Just for info: current 2.2.0 version of mod throws error in console on server version 1.14.rc3:

24.11.2020 13:53:31 [Error] [locustmod] Compiler errors during compilation:
24.11.2020 13:53:31 [Error] [locustmod]     src\drill.cs(24): "locustmod.src.DrillItem.OnBlockBrokenWith(Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldAccessor, Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity, Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemSlot, Vintagestory.API.Common.BlockSelection)": не найден метод, пригодный для переопределения [CS0115]
24.11.2020 13:53:31 [Error] [locustmod] An exception was thrown when trying to load assembly:
System.Exception: Could not compile from source files due to errors
   в Vintagestory.Common.ModCompilationContext.CompileFromFiles(ModContainer mod, IEnumerable`1 paths)
   в Vintagestory.Common.ModContainer.LoadAssembly(ModCompilationContext compilationContext, ModAssemblyLoader loader)
24.11.2020 13:53:31 [Warning] One or more source code mods failed to compile. Info to modders: In case you cannot find the problem, be aware that the game engine currently can only compile C# code until version 5.0. Any language features from C#6.0 or above will result in compile errors.

Yeah I'm going to have to fix that when I get some more time, I've uploaded a patch that removes the 3x3 drilling in the meantime as a quick fix. This one has been working fine in 1.14 so far despite the drill thing and It also has fixes for tools on the toolrack.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure, but it seems like Temporal tinkerer problem| When worldgen create new chunks, sometime this error registered in console:

10.12.2020 17:01:12 [Error] An error was thrown when generating chunk column X=1599,Z=1622 - it will probably not generate correctly!. Exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityMicroBlock.GetLightAbsorption () [0x00019] in <a3ab14ef20ff4f96ae39f364001d4dd5>:0 
  at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockMicroBlock.GetLightAbsorption (Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldChunk chunk, Vintagestory.API.MathTools.BlockPos pos) [0x00017] in <a3ab14ef20ff4f96ae39f364001d4dd5>:0 
  at Vintagestory.Common.ChunkIlluminator.SunLightFloodNeighbourChunks (Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldChunk[] curChunks, System.Int32 chunkX, System.Int32 chunkY, System.Int32 chunkZ) [0x00308] in <6dd462367a7f48cda76709e020ce2d8e>:0 
  at Vintagestory.Server.WorldAPI.SunFloodChunkColumnNeighboursForWorldGen (Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldChunk[] chunks, System.Int32 chunkX, System.Int32 chunkZ) [0x000aa] in <6dd462367a7f48cda76709e020ce2d8e>:0 
  at Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenLightSurvival.OnChunkColumnGenerationFlood (Vintagestory.API.Server.IServerChunk[] chunks, System.Int32 chunkX, System.Int32 chunkZ, Vintagestory.API.Datastructures.ITreeAttribute chunkGenParams) [0x0000b] in <a3ab14ef20ff4f96ae39f364001d4dd5>:0 
  at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemSupplyChunks.TryPopulateChunk (Vintagestory.Server.ChunkColumnGetRequest chunkRequest) [0x0010b] in <6dd462367a7f48cda76709e020ce2d8e>:0 

I have only this mod, which modify world generation. If i remove it, all seems OK. Please, can you check structure generation, i believe, chiseled blocks, in some of them, can give this error during worldgen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.