Choose your favorite theme for v1.15! Gasp!

Tyron

v1.15 Main theme  

1,085 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to be the main theme of the upcoming version?

• The Ocean update (fish, fishing, boats, oceans)
    • The Lovecraftian update (giant creatures, the first main story event, alchemy, richer ruins)
    • The Combat update (shields, improved visual feedback, ranged mobs, tool/armor repair)
    • The Homesteading update (fruit trees, alcohol, improved meals, more animals, more crops, birds, animal leashes, pies!)
    • The Industrialization update (water wheel, low tech windmill, brick kiln, firepit overhaul, elevators?, more mechanical power blocks, conveyor belts, etc.)

This poll is closed to new votes

Honestly, I'd be happy with any update, but find it sad that there is no worldgen update listed. I suppose the ocean update would be kind of a worldgen update, but it probably won't include such important parts as rivers (which I suppose would be somewhat needed for waterwheels), ridged noise, deeper underground, maybe chunk column offsets and new kinds of flora. It would make sense to put all the big worldgen features into one big update to not potentially break (seamless) world compatibility in multiple updates.

The Lovecraftian update seems like a really cool story update and I'm very excited for a mechanically interesting alchemy system, but I feel like that would probably need to build upon brewing and alcohol, if it aims to be somewhat realistic.

I feel like I don't have to explain how much I crave for a combat update, but I have to advice not trying to be too simplistic for the sake of simplicity. Adding shields alone won't make combat better and can create some issues of it's own, it's important to first improve on what already is there: Attacks. Decent readable animations, maybe different attack types and most importantly cone based hit detection, swords aren't short range guns. Blocking should realisitically also be able without a shield, though that requires some form of a stamina system. I suppose when blocking is only possible with shields, the durability bar of shields could be the stamina, but that opens up exploiting the system by having multiple shields in the inventory, which seems a bit stange imo.

The Homesteading update is improving on what the game already does the best, which is farming and food. I mean, it would be a nice update, but I feel the focus of the next update should be on improving systems that are not quite on the level of farming to bring them up to the same standart. Though bringing fruit trees could be used to overhaul trees as a whole, since fruit trees require progressive growth anyway, which would be something very nice.

More mechanical stuff is always nice, I'm also very pleased to hear that a firepit overhaul is planned as that is also an excellent chance to improve on the survival side of things even more since we now have a body temperature system. Only thing I worry about is that there might not be enough incentives to use mechanical power other than the obvious automation of some crafting processes. What would be the reason to build an elevator for example? Other than being fancy there is no reason right now. Some changes to the ore system though could make building long mineshafts with minecarts useful and minecarts would obviously need an elevator like in real life, not behaving like the ones in some other cube building game.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Erik said:

Honestly, I'd be happy with any update, but find it sad that there is no worldgen update listed.

I think the time is not right yet to do worldgen. In the back of my mind I've been aiming to do significant worldgen changes no earlier than May next year, which means the last major worldgen update would be 2 years ago, which feels about right

# I wish I could cut reeds with the scythe since we will have to cut a lot of reeds to make ropes to create weapons.  

# Place train for faster locomotion between distant locations.  

# Selling the game via bank payment slip to Brazil because as a streamer that makes a daily live on twitch and posted on YouTube, several people were interested in buying but there is no steam or epic and it is still a prohibited game for those who do not have a card  international credit.  They do not use PayPal either.

2 hours ago, Rodolfo Clash said:

#我希望我可以用大镰刀切芦苇,因为我们将不得不割很多芦苇以制作绳索来制造武器。  

#放置火车,以在较远的位置之间更快地移动。  

#通过银行付款单将游戏出售给巴西,因为作为流媒体,人们每天都在抽搐,并在YouTube上发布,有几个人有兴趣购买,但没有蒸蒸日上的史诗般的游戏,而且对于那些从事游戏的人来说,它仍然是被禁止的游戏没有卡国际信用。他们也不使用贝宝。

you can cut reeds with the scythe in 1.14

I wonder if an alchemy system would also mean some kind of (optional) progression/gating system. Like discovering different potions, that can only be crafted after a recipe has been found, is gated behind a character trait (making specialization more meaningful for multiplayer) or can only be crafted if it's night time. This could also be used to guide new players by for example combining it with a quest/progression system. But i get off topic and from the options listed i like machines the most, i mean a water wheel (which would maybe require river mechanics) and creating a (simple/not so simple) factory would be really cool.

The Homesteading update (fruit trees, alcohol, improved meals, more animals, more crops, birds, animal leashes, pies!)
fruit trees - Yay! :D
more animals - Yay! :D
more crops - Yay! :D
birds - Yay! :D
All stuff that makes the world feel "richer". I love it and it has definitely been something I hoped for for a long time!

animal leashes - Yay! :D
pies - :D Fun addition. Do we already have sandwiches in the next update? ^^
improved meals - Whatever that means, might be good.
alcohol - ?

The Ocean update (fish, fishing, boats, oceans)
fish - Nice addition to bring the underwater worlds to life.
fishing - Might be great, might be boring... Fish traps or fishing rods or nets?
boats - Might be a fun way to travel.
oceans - Not sure what that would mean for the game. Definitely an option for interesting stuff in the ocean and maybe more? But more water that just divides areas on a larger scale, is useless for most stuff and makes travel different (boats?)...?

The Lovecraftian update (giant creatures, the first main story event, alchemy, richer ruins)
richer ruins - Might be a really nice addition.
giant creatures - Depends on what kind of creatures and the consequences...
the first main story event - Might be awesome, but atm I have to say that it doesn't really get me that excited... Might change when I see what it is. ;)
alchemy - Might be good. Not sure. Depends on what that would actually mean.

The Industrialization update (water wheel, low tech windmill, brick kiln, firepit overhaul, elevators?, more mechanical power blocks, conveyor belts, etc.)
water wheel - Sounds great, even if just used as decoration.
low tech windmill - Not sure what that exactly means, but might be nice.
firepit overhaul - Not sure what that means. Might be good.
more mechanical power blocks - Might be nice?
brick kiln - Kiln out of bricks (for what?) or for bricks?
conveyor belts - I dunno.
elevators? - ?

The Combat update (shields, improved visual feedback, ranged mobs, tool/armor repair)
shields - okay
improved visual feedback - okay
tool/armor repair - okay
ranged mobs - Yeahh... something that I actually really dislike. Option to turn that off?

So, for me definitely:
The Homesteading update with fruit trees, more animals, more crops, birds, animal leashes and maybe even pies would be absolutely great! :D❤️

5 hours ago, P3t3rix said:

I wonder if an alchemy system would also mean some kind of (optional) progression/gating system. Like discovering different potions, that can only be crafted after a recipe has been found, is gated behind a character trait (making specialization more meaningful for multiplayer) or can only be crafted if it's night time. This could also be used to guide new players by for example combining it with a quest/progression system. But i get off topic and from the options listed i like machines the most, i mean a water wheel (which would maybe require river mechanics) and creating a (simple/not so simple) factory would be really cool.

Specialization will become more and more meaningful as more content is added.   The proposed Homesteading update may add gating in some ways, essentially through different resources and wildlife being found in different climates.  So to gather everything players would need to travel very extensively, which will be challenging.   Generally in VS there is more than one way to address any problem. 

On 11/22/2020 at 1:52 PM, Tyron said:

Dear Community,

now as v1.14 is around the corner its time to decide what we'd like to do in v1.15. What is your favorite pick?

Disclaimer: Poll results are no guarantee that all of the advertised features will be in v1.15. The VS Team still reserve the rights to make the final decision on what to add next. That being said, community poll results usually have strong weight.

SO IF, if homestead happens include wolf taming/ hyena taming/ big cat and some kind of mounts like elephants would be interesting for the safari zone, since industrialization is a theme trains and the like would be cool too. 

So hard to decide, but i know anything you will choose will be great. ;) But if i look at my current situation - my base is in place, where it's hard to get any animal without leash or cage i guess. So i can't progress in that way unless i change my base, which i don't want to do. :) So for now i'm voting for Homesteading. Also would be nice to hear some bird twittering or seeing  some ducks swimming in water from time to time. :)

Edited by Domkrats

Because I don’t have currently my friends to play with me in multiplayer and animal husbandry with new longer pregnancy rates is almost pointless in single player (world is not active 24/7 and it takes way too long to be useful), then I went for industry, burning  bricks etc and waiting them to heat up one by one, so next one can start burning made me to really want kiln already few versions ago.

And water wheel could be good alternative for not so reliable wind.   

• Like 1

Todas as opções são muito interessantes, mas acho que a atualização dos oceanos é necessária  já que as águas do jogo são totalmente sem vida e monótonas.  além de que essa mecânica seria totalmente nova para o jogo!

Translation: 

All the options are very interesting, but I think updating the oceans is necessary since the waters of the game are totally lifeless and monotonous. in addition, this mechanic would be totally new to the game!

Edited by KeplerDampy2005

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.