Good ways to farm temporal gears?

Ives

I have been killing drifters in my mine for hours now and not getting lucky. Is there a change I didn't know about? And is there solutions to the difficulty in finding these like a farm?. I am on the hardest difficulty so they kill me in 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 hits. I built a pillar in the middle of a cave that has trenches around it kinda like a mob dropper and they never spawn around it so I've never used it. I usually have to lure them over to it so they fall into it but by then it kinda defeats the purpose because it's unsafe to find them as I can get cut off. I'm just looking for ways to efficiently kill them, any help would be nice.

I have also had the same issue.  Out of over 300 drifter kills I have received 1 Temporal gear.  I have also created a Temporal Storm drifter farm and even during a heavy storm I still have not received a single Temporal gear.  I think my last heavy storm I had around 15-20 drifters or maybe more in my drifter area.  I have watched a particular youtuber I frequent for gameplay tips kill far less than that and receive quite a few Temporal gears (sometimes 4-5 at a time) though that is on a modded multiplayer server so that may have something to do with it.

• 1 month later...

Treasure hunters sell temporal gears occasionally.

Another option is to utilize a depleted iron ore deposit. I made the whole area 2 blocks high, separated it in several sections with fences and gates (so I am not swarmed by too many drifters at once) and built a well lit central part where I can retreat if necessary. I use spears for the actual killing. I usually get back to home with 2-3 temporal gears and a stack of flax fibers after an hour of grind.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blazer said:

Was I just extremely lucky or something, then? I killed two random surface drifters that were annoying me and got two temporal gears.

yes you were extremely lucky. I use the better loot mod from here (mostly for the flax) and have gotten only about a dozen temporal gears even after killing dozens of tainted, corrupted and nightmare drifters and hundreds of surface and deep ones.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.