DArkHekRoMaNT

The reimagined grave system.

After the death of the player, the player's corpse will spawn in its place (at the moment it is a regular humanoud skeleton). You can go to it and collect things (by holding RMB), by default only its owner or a player in a creative can collect a corpse. Not despawning.

In addition, a waypoint will be created at the place of death. By default, it will try to resolve conflicts with known mods, for example supports StreamDC.

Since the game is an unpredictable thing, this mod also adds the ability to restore items lost at the last death using the /returnthings command. By default, the last 10 deaths are stored for each player.

You can also configure some things in the config:

• CanFired - the corpse will be destroyed if it burns for more than 15 seconds (default: false)
  • HasHealth - a corpse has 100 hp and can be broken by other players (default: false)
  • CreateCorpse - whether corpses will be created at all (default: true)
  • SaveInventoryTypes - what types of inventory will be saved
  • NeedPrivilegeForReturnThings - what privileges are needed to return things (default: gamemode)
  • MaxDeathContentSavedPerPlayer - the number of recent deaths that are saved per player (default: 10)
  • CreateWaypoint - whether to create a waypoint at all upon death (default: auto; automated turn it off if there is another well-known mod adding waypoints). And also various settings for waypoints.
  • FreeCorpseAfterTime - makes corpses available to everyone after N in-game hours (default: 240, 10 days)
  • CorpseCollectionTime - corpse collection time in seconds (default: 1)
  • CorpseCompassEnabled - enable craftable compass to search for corpses nearby (default: true)

Download: ModDB or GitHub

Edited by DArkHekRoMaNT
  • Like 6
  • Cookie time 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kai Effelsberg said:

Waypoints showed up at world limit, not where i died

O_o

Strange. Does this happen on the server and always?

4 hours ago, Kai Effelsberg said:

If i reclaim stuff with rmb, the items that i hold i my hand right afterwards will get placed on the ground sometimes

I'll see what I can do about it

2 hours ago, DArkHekRoMaNT said:
7 hours ago, Kai Effelsberg said:

Waypoints showed up at world limit, not where i died

O_o

Strange. Does this happen on the server and always?

Tested on my test server - everything is fine. Perhaps you have some mod that changes /waypoint addati? Or they are not my waypoints at all (by default it is crimson bee)

49 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

I support this suggestion, that would be fantastic.

You prevent your loss of items to despawning... but you'll have to fight yourself to reclaim them! :D

I have difficulties with models, especially living creatures and their animations. But I will try to implement something similar 🙃

• 2 weeks later...

We used this mod on our dedicated multiplayer server but ran into issues after one (real life) day.
First day everything worked perfectly.
Second day corpses took minutes to (right click) break by everyone except the host.
Third day corpses would not break unless the host and the corpse owner were both holding right click on the corpse.
We turned on corpse health but breaking (left click with weapon) corpses would only work for the host player and his corpse.

Restarting the server made no difference.
Deleting all Player Corpse mod data, config files, and the mod itself, restarting server, readding the mod, then restarting the server again made no difference.

Also, if we disable CreateCorpse people do not drop items upon death.

Edit: The host is playing on the same machine as the dedicated server (VintagestoryServer.exe)

Edited by Hamish Black
clarification

Hey there,

we got the same Problem with the waypoints as Kai - they are getting created at the world border. Corpse still lies, where we died. The only thing that could possibly do something to /addati is vspropectorinfo, but even with that removed (it's only client side) the waypoint won't pin correctly. No other mods are handling waypoints, afaik, so I'm confused, why it does not work correctly. We changed standard world size and stuff, but that should not compromise the coords, where we died, should it (mid of the map - relative coors of 0/0 is - like 256000 blocks each direction - not 512000 as in the standard configuration. The default world spawn we had to set at 256000 für x & z, so we spawn in the middle of the map).

Luette

Hey, we tried the Update, and unfortunately, it hasn't resolved the waypoint issue.

Server log says:

image.png.42883578ff294e3c4469b125fa51d389.png

If i try the command manually image.png.d48da8dacf275bbc5b9f242c4e3f19da.png It get's added at the correct location.

This one image.png.775360cd4764e781d831aa42d4770d7e.png does not and is way off.

Seems like the command does not take coords with decimal places well 🙂

17 minutes ago, luette said:

Hey, we tried the Update, and unfortunately, it hasn't resolved the waypoint issue.

Server log says:

image.png.42883578ff294e3c4469b125fa51d389.png

If i try the command manually image.png.d48da8dacf275bbc5b9f242c4e3f19da.png It get's added at the correct location.

This one image.png.775360cd4764e781d831aa42d4770d7e.png does not and is way off.

Seems like the command does not take coords with decimal places well 🙂

Meh. Dot and comma. I think it culture decimal separator problem. I'll just round the numbers, I think this will help.

14 hours ago, Soumagnei said:

Hello
We have tried out change in mod config
I does not work- it returns back to false, as soon as the game launched
What can cause this?

Are you changing Val?  Also are you doing edit -> save -> close editor -> load world?

HasHealth: {
	Comment: "Has 100 hp, can be broken by another player",
	Default: false,
	Val: false -> true
}

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.