Necessaries - now with a repairing ability! [1.1.1]

ZigTheHedge

Hey, fellow players!

Here's the initial public release of my "tweaks collection" mod, which aims to make yours (actually, mine :)) survival experience better!

This mod adds the following thingies:

1. Mailbox

Spoiler

Build one on a server and ask your friends to do the same. Afterwards, craft yourself a parcel and fill it with with whatever your friend needs. Then choose your friend's address and use your mailbox to send the parcel along with a short message.

mailbox.thumb.jpg.9dd5c2469337a199a57c2408cdc12300.jpg

parcels.jpg.dfa596f2ef3f4bf8c0fb78591fee24da.jpg

2. Trashcan, the

Spoiler

Get rid of all your garbage with a convenient method of trash disposal! You are able to recover up to three items placed last before it will disappear forever.

trashcan.jpg.b6901dab3825ffcbfacb49ce5c001997.jpg

3. Rusty Spikes

Spoiler

These sharp rusty spikes able to hurt anyone who will try to jump on it! So, keep your eyes open!

spikes.jpg.f64e29253b147a3cad33932f5af454c7.jpg

4. Trapdoor patch!

Spoiler

Now trapdoors will act like a ladder. So, you can use it on a block instead of a ladder to climb the last block!

trapdoorpatch.thumb.jpg.58967ea51a630fc6f6bf6aaf1e98240e.jpg

Since version 0.7-B:

5. Branch Cutter!

Spoiler

Ever wanted to build a hedge out of leaves? Well, there's a tool for leaf-gathering now! It's called a Branch Cutter! Five variants available (Copper, three kinds of Bronze, Iron).

branchcutters.jpg.9b2fe7b2e9177d1859fb58b31375e9d3.jpg

6. Vines patch

Spoiler

Now players can use those Wild Vines as a ladders.

vinespatch.jpg.30b4c28037473aeefdb7ec687e616efd.jpg

Changelogs and downloads have been moved to MODDB!

https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/19

0.72-B changelog:

Spoiler

- fixed crash when receiving parcels

- fixed log spam because of Branch Cutters

- fixed constant damage when falling on a Rusty Spikes (now it depends on falling height)

0.74 changelog:

Spoiler

- Added compatibility with 1.13.4+ versions of the game

- Fixed usage of mailbox when trying to send the parcel to unloaded chunk

0.75B changelog:

Spoiler

- Completely rewrote synchronization code. Hopefully it will help to keep server and all clients in sync when on dedicated server.

0.7.7-B changelog:

Spoiler

- Fixed Branch Cutters server sync.

0.7.8-B changelog:

Spoiler

- Fixed Branch Cutters Leaves dupe bug

- Fixed Parcels crash of 1.14.0 stable

0.8.2-B changelog:

7. Grindstone

Spoiler

Give your instruments a breath of a new life. Use Grindstone Assembly with a Grindstone to spin the handle and sharpen your old tools to repair it.

2021-01-17_23-36-59.thumb.jpg.a5610fa093a31e6e34a891b20fc372f0.jpg

0.8.3-B changelog:

8. Sulfuric Acid and Glue!

Spoiler

Now to make a proper grindstone, you'll have to make a glue first!

Glue.jpg.90d78e7dd7142f8622972b1d55b56ed9.jpg

0.8.4-B changelog:

Spoiler

- Fixed Lead vessel's various misbehaviors :D

0.8.5-B changelog:

Spoiler

- Added Config file to enable/disable mod features + settings for various sharpener stones

- Granite grindstone now really bad, but Obsidian will make you absolutely happy!

0.8.6-B changelog:

Spoiler

- Added Obsidian-Diamond sharpening disk (requires Crushed diamond and Obsidian Disks to craft), which by default restores 15 durability per cycle

- Added "Hard" mode for Mail delivery. If enabled in config, players are required to "Register" every placed Mailbox via Post Registry block (Creative only) before it will be usable. This can be used to prevent usage of Mailboxes like portable item teleporter during far-lands mining

The following options were suggested by @Tech_Rabbit:

- Added config option to reduce item slots count in parcels to just one slot

- Added configurable limit of mailboxes which each player is allowed to place (0 - to disable limit)

0.8.7 changelog:

Spoiler

- Expanded Branch Cutter usage. Now it is able to harvest glow worms, cacti, bamboo and fern trees.

- Fixed crash when trying to interact with the Post Registry with empty hand.

0.8.8 changelog:

Spoiler

- Added /listmailboxes command to view all mailboxes on a server (requires "readlists" privilege)

- Changed default mailbox address generation

- Added fail-check if mailbox address already exists (I just can't believe that nobody reported it! :)))

0.8.9 changelog:

Spoiler

- fixed Mailbox naming

- fixed Mailbox shift-click

0.8.10 changelog:

Spoiler

- Compatibility fixes for 1.15-pre.1

0.8.11 changelog:

Spoiler

- Fixed Grindstone (Hopefully)

0.8.12 changelog:

Spoiler

- Fixed Trapdoor patch for 1.15.2

Please keep me notified about found bugs! And stay tuned for more content! Yeeeehaaaah!

For fellow modders (aka Mod Compatibility):

Spoiler

It is possible to make use of my Grinder to sharpen modded tools. All you have to do, is to add the following information to your item's attributes (or attributesByType) CASE-SENSITIVE:

"sharpenable": true,
"onGrindstoneTransform": {
		translation: { x: -0.2, y: 0.3, z: 0.4 },
		rotation: { x: 50, y: 0, z: 0 },
		origin: { x: 0.5, y: 0.1, z: 0.5 },
		scale: 1
}

Of course, use your proper values for onGrindstoneTransform.

Older versions:

1.15-rc.2:

necessaries_v1.15.2-0.8.12.zip

1.14.5+:

necessaries_v1.14.5-0.8.9.zip

1.14.0+:

necessaries_v1.14.0-0.7.8-B.zip

1.13.4:

necessaries_v1.13.4-0.7.7B.zip

1.12.14:

If (and only!) you're already using Immersion mod, use -immersion version of Necessaries which is compatible.

necessaries_v0.73.zip  necessaries_v0.73-immersion.zip

Spoiler

Edited by ZigTheHedge
Updated to 0.8.12
  • Like 8
  • Amazing! 1

12 hours ago, Sergey Gribinichenko said:

Arrrgh! There is no trashcan recipe when installed both necessaries and Immersion mods 🙄 

That happens because Immersion removes vanilla Barrel. I'll try to fix this.

9 hours ago, Ded Kamazy said:

And you can implement a system for copying blocks processed with a chisel.

That's a good idea! I'll think about what I can do with it.

8 hours ago, ZigTheHedge said:

What kind of problems?

Checked. It doesn’t react to corpses at all, it react to a mannequin, but because of the mechanics of the thorns only once.
And is it possible to add a coefficient of damage from the height of the fall? At the moment, regardless of altitude, the damage will always be 1.5 hp. Even if the damage from usual falling from such a height was supposed to kill.

• Like 1

Would be cool to have a "lift" with ropes and pulley to make en escalator with a counterweight perhaps maybe to have a platform raise instead of 80 ladders when we find a translocator

A platform of 1, 2x2 would be cool i think also for some builds to add diversity from ladders and stone stairs.

Just an idea!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/19/2020 at 3:46 PM, Kai Effelsberg said:

My players tried out the mailbox, but as soon as they send an item, the server will disconnect them with an "threw exception on the server" message. Not usable.

Still featured on our medival rpg server "Conquest of Blocks" and we love it, BUT it crashes again like the last time. You need to update your mod more frequently. Please fix it. We like to continue to use it.

Edited by Kai Effelsberg

• ZigTheHedge changed the title to Necessaries - many things to make your survival experience better!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.